Such actions would be unworthy of his rank, as if he had not done enough to stain its honor already. The obvious coldness that the group could feel radiating off her. Helping the unicorn to dry her eyes, Spike stood back as Twilight returned to her hooves. Cadance arrived at Golden Oaks Library, the dark purple shield still encasing it. The army is in need of replenishment. This actually isn't like her. What you are about to hear is top secret, and absolutely nopony can know of it.". I failed the Element of Kindness because I failed to show you any compassion. If anyone asks, we are from Baltimare.". Everypony in the room stood to attention as Chrysalis stepped inside. From the sound of the plan, this new operation would succeed where the previous attempt failed. Replied Rarity, who was still consoling the broken and remorseful Applejack. After a little while, Celestia managed to recompose herself, with a request to boot. Do you understand now that being the bridesmaids of the wedding corrupted your minds to the point where your cares and responsibilities faded into nonexistence?". Growling with intense menace, Chrysalis looked around her in order to find something to tear apart. Celestia sighed in annoyance. "That kinda goes without sayin' Princess" Replied Applejack. With another sniffle, Celestia recalled what she had sent Shining out to do. Asked Applejack. Twilight barged into the rehearsal and accused..well, you, of being evil with no proof to back up her claim. ", "Luna, I need to ask you some questions. ", "I got called into a meetin' with Granny Smith and Big Mac. "Don't you get it?! "Yes, Princess," said Twilight with concern. No doubt the events from earlier were still taking a hefty toll on her mind. I don't know how, but I just do. Universe. ", "Of course we do!" What do you think of that sir? "Which is why I suggest we hide in the Everfree Forest. Despite being armed with weapons and armor, the Royal Guards were finding it tough fighting the vicious and determined Changelings. Cried Cadance, but it was too late. This time, I am willingly choosing to leave because I regret leaving Twilight at all. To her surprise, it was the former who answered the door. Surely they won't allow themselves to be defeated as easily as last time! "What do you mean your Majesty?" He had no idea that Chrysalis had imprisoned her in the caves, or that her life was in danger, but now that he did, it was taking a bad toll on him. Said source was Spike, who was facing the wall with his head bowed not in reverence, but in sadness. This site and its contents are not affiliated with Hasbro, Inc. "It will not help Twilight if both Night and myself are turned to the dark side. With that, the war room returned to its usual activity. Replied Twilight, who headed back inside. She smiled at him warmly. And in the process, the seven ponies whom she held dear, particularly her brother, showed their true colors. Shining's thoughts were soon interrupted by the sound of Celestia throwing herself atop her bed, dispirited and miserable. "You have nothing to be sorry for. "Have you completed your missions Captain? With an instant feeling of urgency coursing through her body, Luna was quick to acquiesce to Shining's orders. Believe me, I spent a lot of time with her when she was a filly, and she would never do something like that without good reason. "Twilight and Spike left, my bride hates me and called off the wedding and now I'm left to wonder if I really deserve to be Captain of the Royal Guard and be with Twilightmy LSBFF, the pony I loved so much and missed every day before she returned". Pinkie chimed, albeit half-heartedly. "Do you understand now why Twilight is so upset girls? It was thanks to Cadance, in part, that we now realize the magnitude of our sins. ", "Well, things happened, concerning a few ponies including mahself, Twilight and the other girls. Twilight looked up at the door, which she had locked earlier after slamming it shut. As Twilight and Cadence; the real Cadence; stop the 'wedding', Twilight turns into the new Nightmare Moon. Chrysalis cackled evilly. The first group is to form patrols with the orders to comb the city for any Changelings that may be still in the city. "Princess Luna? But from too many mistakes, there's no love, dancing or cake. Alt. Pinkie piped up. "The next part is much worse, and it is dreadful to even contemplate. She tried alerting her friends to the impostor's cold and condescending behaviour, compared to Cadance's warmth and benevolence. Are you sure you slept well?". Engagement at this time is a no-go. "The Elements chose us because we were supposed to be the physical representations of what they stood for. "Yes Fluttershy, you really were that cruel to her. We hope you can forgive us.". Discord Rarity added. We cannot attack until he says to. ", "It was I and Alkaios who came up with a separate plan of attack to deal with the princesses, your Majesty." Just then, the conductor called out from the middle carriage. As she walked away, she heard the familiar sound of a shield spell being cast. Opposite them, the garrison of Royal Guards was also rushing towards them, with the mission to take down Chrysalis and exile her and her troops from Canterlot. She considered herself a hypocrite for having taught Twilight all those lessons about friendship and magic, only to show nothing by herself. "Is that it?" With that, Spike went back inside, the doors closing behind him. "Oh Cadance" Sobbed Twilight, who embraced the former in a hug. Am I clear Snake Bite?". Cadance took a moment to consider Rarity's offer. ", "Ok Twilight." Why was Twilight not corrupted by these Nightmare Forces you speak of? Spike filled me in on everything, especially the part where those five backstabbers wish to apologize.". "Oh my Celestia, my poor Twiley!" "Oh shut up!" It described how Chrysalis and her Changelings had attacked the village and completely incapacitated and harvested the Royal Guard garrison stationed there before setting the village's homes alight, capturing the residents and harvesting those who tried to resist. Snake grinned. Things were building to a climax as Celestia's eyes and teeth clenched tighter and tighter with every passing second. She was still listening, despite this. Shining Armor had left you. "Why did I ever doubt her? There was silence, and for a time, nothing seemed to be happening. As my most trusted lieutenant, I am sure you will not fail me. That was all it took for Celestia to collapse into Shining, sobbing in despair. The battalion will be waiting in the Everfree within moments of your arrival. The Guard Captain immediately tried to calm down Celestia as best as he could. From her bedroom, the unicorn could be heard sobbing. Recognizing the voice of her foalsitter, she unlocked the door, allowing Cadance to open it. "Your Majesty?" "Come in!" Do you have any idea what would have happened to me if..". He was still her loyal assistant, and as such he would follow up on his role's job description, as well as the promise he made to himself to never leave her again, following his forgiveness by Twilight. Why hath you summoned me before you? ", "Very well." Just as the cowpony was about to reply, a voice rang out from across the room. Unbeknownst to Shining, the Solar Princess was entering a nightmare. Asked Rarity worriedly. It all started after we had arrived at Canterlot. Trust me girls, I've known Twilight for a long, long time. "We weren't going to let Twilight be demoted back to Magic Kindergarten just like that! Don't they realize what they've done? The battle was ferocious. You all were.". 60,737 hits today, 1,481,371 yesterday, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Fanfiction How are we gonna be friends with her again if we can't forgive ourselves?!". Art Chat Fanfiction General Discussion Generals Pony Discussion Roleplaying Site and Policy Tagging Discussion Uploader Discussion Post Search. Applejack replied. "Aunt Celestia, Twilight wishes me to inform you that she is no longer your student. "I didn't know that she wasn't the real Cadence! I like this plan. The bubbles began to increase in brightness as the energy of the spell increased, the forms of both Velvet and Night becoming obscured by the brightening light. a canterlot wedding twilight betrayed fanfiction . Knowing his time was up, Aegis turned to face the victorious Changeling Queen. It's been tough on all of us. "The poor mare must be a mess in there.". ", "Please, by all means!" Snake Bite bowed without a word. Twitter, MLP: Friendship is Magic - 2023 Hasbro Inc. Those who escape into enemy territory will be left at their mercy. "Twilight, I'm here to say sorry for leaving you at the rehearsal. Thank you for the offer Rarity. After everything we've done together, all the good times we shared and the challenges we encountered together as friends, they betrayed me and left me to die! "But what if this second echelon decides to rebel against us? You know what we want, and if you do not surrender, then we will happily walk over you and anypony else who stands in our way to get it". "That is a question I am tormented with every day ma'am." She understood that Cadance was trying to play peacemaker, but the odds were against her, and the Mane 5 too. They really had gone too far in their treatment of her. First it was Twilight giving them a tongue-lashing, but now it was Spike. It changes depending on how they are feeling at any given time. You, her friends and her princess put her and all of Canterlot in jeopardy! "Lieutenant Fang, let it be known that this operation will be enacted on a size and scale greater than that of the first. There was no doubting the alicorn's mind that yesterday's fiasco had taken a toll on Twilight's already haggard mind, therefore she felt the best course of action was to ensure she was looking after herself that morning. With that, Snake turned his attention to Icy Tone, who was comfortably hidden in the brush behind him. "To Tartarus with the shield! You saw much potential in her. With that, Spike began packing his things. Honestly Luna, I can't explain it. However, Blade ordered Snake to hold position for a little while longer, so as to not make things seem suspicious. Once you finish breakfast, you had better go and fix this mess, understand?". One did not, and that was Rarity. Chrysalis's threat was met with laughter from the Guards, angering her greatly. It then fell to Commander Barbarousis to conclude the briefing. The valley through which the convoy walked was dotted with rocks and boulders of all shapes and sizes, with the surrounding mountains acting as a perimeter wall which surrounded the hive. But they refused to believe it was anything more serious than wedding stress. It was only now that everypony in the castle had learned of the caves, and ever since, Celestia had sent a scouting party of Royal Guards to investigate them, in order to find out how Chrysalis had managed to imprison both Cadance and Twilight in them, while taking measures to ensure they are never used in such a manner ever again. Was the collective response from the gathered war room personnel. "Major Shroud! Sorry you had to see us in this state. None of us even looked her in the eye, nor did we show the slightest sign we still cared about her. Twilight dashed through the halls of the castle, passing by several Royal Guards, servants or guests. Rarity quipped cautiously. Nodding in response, Cadance signalled to the Mane 5 for somepony to make a move. A heavy price to pay, perhaps not one more heavy than that of death, but it was still a loss that affected you deeply. Just gimme a second." You will also be in charge of drilling. For now, it was just her and Twilight. "Everypony calm down!" With a quick and curt bow, Snake Bite flew off to Ponyville. Shining could only hang his head deeper from the truth in her words. ", "I have no doubt Twilight was gravely hurt by what her friends, her brother and Celestia did to her," Luna replied, "but what prevented the Nightmare Forces from corrupting her is that she had no bitter feelings towards them or desires of their destruction. "I am sorry, dear sister. Fortunately, this keg did not blow immediately, but it would soon. He decided to give Blue Hue the directive to watch over war room operations while he was gone. It was frustrating her to no end. Shining Armor, in particular, was taking this harder than the others. "The wedding's been called off", said Shining, trying to keep a straight face. I want my new Changelings to be equipped with the finest armours and weapons my blacksmiths can forge. Speaking of the latter, Celestia was wondering, on a side note, where she was during the Changeling invasion. ", "But that's not true Granny Smith! Luna spoke softly. I will ensure that the Sparkle parents do find peace, or may I be damned to Tartarus for my failure.". Nopony usually goes in there, and it would provide the perfect cover for us to carve out a plan while we wait for the moment to strike. Rainbow cut in. We do not need this to continue! "What happened? With a sigh, she chose to come clean. They now recognize that they made a terrible mistake and they wish to make amends however possible.". It bore one of her greatest and most nostalgic hallmarks; a caring, sympathetic smile. I'm just wondering why the girls are trying to make it up to me. "I can't believe ANY of you! Twilight had just reunited with her brother, who also happened to be the groom. Could this be the most important moment in our lives? "Very well" Replied Cadance. Shining shares the same pain I do. Spike could only smile at that. ", "There is blind loyalty, Rainbow, and then there is experience. As she did so, tears began flowing freely from her eyes. "You have not seen the last of me Celestia! With a deep sigh of resignation, Applejack prepared to bite the bullet. "I don't know Luna. "Lady Velvet, Sir Light, the reason I am here is of great importance. "Sorry Cadance. Follow us Then, there was an explosion; the spell was completed. Your capability to write off somepony's feelings as mere folly is of no surprise to me, considering it was what happened between us long ago, but in these circumstances I find it particularly hard to believe you could write off your student, the one pony besides me whom I know you care very dearly for and trust implicitly, as a jealous and overpossessive brat. All she cared about was just going back to her quarters, before crying her eyes out, packing her things and leaving Canterlot, wanting to get away from those who no longer cared for her. But what was I supposed to do? There was a brief pause as Spike registered what he had just heard. Many of my unicorns will experience an incredibly tough battle initially, given the Princesses' powers, but over time they will weaken, and my troops will gain the upper hoof. Don't forget what you have learned!". "Whoa nelly, would y'look at that?" Furnishing the room was Celestia's wardrobe, a study where she kept endless amounts of correspondence, particularly from Twilight and her friends, a mirror as high as the tip of the alicorn's horn and a rather extravagant grandfather clock, designed using the wood from an oak tree to create a working celebration of the sun, which crowned the head of the clock. In the background, Black Blade had returned with one of the best spies in the army, Snake Bite. Is your pride too stubborn for you to admit that the way you treated Twilight was wrong?! ", "No Luna. The group was intimidated, but only a little. Nodding to their sergeant, the Changeling troops assumed their disguises, as did Icy Tone and Snake Bite. Barked Chrysalis. Having settled in, Chrysalis decided to pass on some fresh orders to her officers. Said Shining, who stepped aside to allow Luna to comfort her distraught sister. "Then you are ready." In the meantime, Celestia turned to Cadance. Chuckled Chrysalis, entertained by Spark's determination. "And that's why all this has happened." It was because of him that the most recent events of the day transpired, and it wasn't just any old day. Afterwards, I will update her on the situation". Do you understand the motive behind her rage? My Little Pony Friendship is Magic What If? Glaring into it, the flame produced a vision of Twilight in her library, reading through the lumps of friendship reports she and her former best friends had written over the months. "And that means our forces will be unstoppable!" You had no choice but to banish me to the moon for 1000 years. Nevertheless, if Twilight was happy, Rarity was happy. It all started after we had arrived at Canterlot. Snapped Spike. All this was as per Shining Armor's orders to get Canterlot back to working capacity. screamed Twilight Velvet from the kitchen. the Mane 5 could do little more than look at each other, speechless and shaken. This left the group with little else to do other than ironing out any flaws in their apology speech. I am here to save you from the Nightmare Forces that once corrupted me.". "Yeah. After sitting down and taking the first bite into her breakfast, the elder Apple spoke again. You seem to have javascript disabled, or your browser is failing to execute it properly. Apparently, the Bearer of Magic has distanced herself from her friends, convinced they had betrayed her and left her to die by my hooves. ", "However, for as long as you remain bitter toward those responsible for her emotional trauma, then you will remain susceptible to corruption. Said the youngest Royal Guard, a rookie by all appearances. Yet, for somepony who holds so much faith in her student, and especially when that same student in equal measure believes in you, how could you let her down?". The Cadance which Twilight had just met did not recognize said hoofshake.". It won't go away. Still, somepony had to say it, and it fell to Rainbow to take up that mantle. He didn't stay with Twilight not because he willingly chose to leave Twilight to wallow in her misery. Amidst the cries and pleas of the terrified prisoners, Chrysalis sat atop her throne once more, the wounds from her landing fresh, but unbled. You're going to need it, because there are long and trying days ahead. ", "Yes. Twilight is skeptical about her brother's wedding and Ash is worried about the threat on Canterlot. Four voices hummed in agreement. "Hunter! "My magic torch has revealed to me that the leader of the Element Bearers, Twilight Sparkle, has returned to her home in Ponyville following a fallout with her friends, her brother and Princess Celestia, her mentor, feeling hurt and betrayed by all of the previously mentioned. Youre all responsible for this and its only fair that a truly heartfelt apology is delivered if you want her and Spike to come around. Whatever my sister asks of me, I will not hesitate to fulfill.".