One of the most used thought experiment in the torture debate is the "ticking time bomb" scenario. Comment on Fools. The drama deals with the psychological pressure and the tense triangle of competences under the overriding importance that each participant has to negotiate the actions with his conscience. its been up in the $30s but settles back to about $28 for now. Video Timers A Clock or Countdown with a video background. We use cookies on this site to enhance your user experience. These buildings provide the power, cooling, and network connectivity to their customers. So part of their thesis is that theres more to come from the cord cutting surge as people cancel their cable TV and rely on online streaming and that this company is somehow making money from that: while the cord cutting trade has pushed millions of investors into Amazon, Netflix, and Disney all of which are near all-time highs. Making the world smarter, happier, and richer. Recent research by the Bruegel think-tank warned that freelancers are, on average, at a much higher risk of poverty in old age than traditional employees.. Because the number of people in non-traditional employment has risen in recent years, increasingly, this has become a time-ticking bomb . What the warrant investment signals is that he specifically expects the stock to soar in the next few years. A time bomb (or a timebomb, time-bomb) is a bomb whose detonation is triggered by a timer.The use (or attempted use) of time bombs has been for various purposes including insurance fraud, terrorism, assassination, sabotage and warfare.They are a popular feature in fictional thriller and action films as they offer a way of imparting a dramatic sense of urgency. The 1936 Nazi propaganda film The Traitor by Karl Ritter also features a version of the time-bomb argument. Hoping its now on its way back up, but still a little way from where it was before the drop. In a recent interview with investors at The Motley Fool, this companys CEO revealed the powerful force that he thinks is propelling its insane growth. (Or even just a corner where competition is not as fierce yet?) This is particularly acute in fictional exploration of the scenario.[2]. Please do not use personal information (like your email address) in the text of your comments. one question. The healthcare crisis, laid bare during the Covid pandemic, follows decades of under-investment, competition between regions for medical staff, and the lure of better pay and conditions abroad . We don't offer financial advice. Im getting tired of all the click bait with these stock gurus, and me thinks they just want that $49 from thousands of people. Sometimes you'll find affiliate links to our favorite services at no extra cost to you. The Motley Fool has adisclosure policy. Suzanne Frey, an executive at Alphabet, is a member of The Motley Fools board of directors. 3 E Read Street, Baltimore, MD 21202. Strange that the stocks were in reverse suddenly, who and what to trust, eh? The South China Morning Post reported recently that this moratorium on new game licenses could persist for another 4-6 months, which could create an existential crisis for many of the smaller gaming companies and would likely pressure Tencent's revenue pretty substantially. In a similar way, Spotify is paying fixed prices to podcast talent, which means it should capture all the advertising upside after the level at which those fixed costs are covered. So, while the cord cutting trade has pushed millions of investors into Amazon, Netflix, and Disney…all of which are near all-time highs. I did research snd I think the company is roku. This small cap stock has already banked $429 million for its young CEO. Statista estimates that TVs ticking time bomb will set up a $2.2 trillion opportunity by 2021. March 01, 2023. On July 1, 2019, Ek invested 14.6 million euros ($16.2 million based on current exchange rates) to buy warrants from the company that give him the right to acquire 800,000 Spotify shares at a price of $190.09 per share. There are reasonable grounds for believing that the likely damage to be caused by the bomb will include death of many citizens, the maiming of others, including the infliction of much more severe pain on others with much more lasting effect than will be the effect of the infliction of torture on the person who has been captured; There are reasonable grounds for believing that the torturing will not have consequences which would be worse than the damage likely to result from the bomb going off. Thay called me a motly fool back in 1991 when Thay asked me what stock would I invest in I tould them penny stock Thay said I was a motly fool but stated Thay would invest and if payed off start a conversation motly fool fund. While I may be spending close $140/month now I am actually spending that money on content I really want and things I really use AND Im getting significantly higher connection speeds. Did you try googling this first? And the more listeners it has, the more revenue and profit it earns. An inspirational, peaceful, listening experience. Uh no. And get this.this companys powerful business model has it making money so fast that its CEO basically apologized to shareholders for not being able to reinvest it fast enough. It's been a long and arduous process, but the $100 billion oligopoly is finally starting to crumble. Some consequentialists argue that nations, even those that legally disallow torture, can justify its use if they have a terrorist in custody who possesses critical knowledge, such as the location of a time bomb or a weapon of mass destruction that will soon explode and kill many people. In June 2013, Google revealed Project Loon. Not sure how you can put down TTD with 1 year high undefined low of 132 vs 800. Ultimately, content is king, and customers are going to migrate to where their favorite shows are. ?Michael Jimmy Ray DeLao.i I got no reason to lie ,most people around here got mad cus I was allwase working for them in my Gmail.the data would come in my Gmail I would put in my Gmail an if I make tell the end of the data go on to the next if not red flag it stop and go to next Thay would fix and I would do again.check back 1991 thru 1993 and 2001 thru 2009.agan David called me the motly fool he said hes was going make me a million air.my funds pleas. Netflix itself is a "ticking time bomb". I'm new to the investment world and have already discovered that there is a lot of b.s. Investors pay a lot of attention to this because it is a bet by company insiders who understand the company better than anyone else. CoreSite just upped its payment on December 6, 2013. And if youre an investor, you need to hear this storytodayBEFORE this ticking time bomb explodes and this opportunity disappears. I bought it at 47 and sold it at 58..BUT when I look at the graph. Learn More. The ticking time bomb scenario is a thought experiment that has been used in the ethics debate over whether interrogational torture can ever be justified. Anyone know what Motley Fool is teasing in this ad CEO Bets $624 Million on TVs Ticking Time Bomb? Motley Fool Stock Advisor for a whirl, please do click here. The national debt is $31 trillion when including Social Security's and Medicare's unfunded liabilities. It's often a bullish signal when company executives and other insiders use their own money to buy the company's stock on the open market. I hope it works out well, and I think theyve got a good chance, but Im keeping my position small for now. This long-term effect is so serious that the person making the torture decision cannot possibly (according to this argument) make a reasonable estimate of its results. Ticking time bomb definition: If you describe something as a time bomb , you mean that it is likely to have a serious. For example, when Spotify produces its own podcasting content, it keeps all the advertising revenue from those podcasts. The last bit has really gotten me to question people whos intention is to quiet other people from respectfully sharing the TRUTH about anything, which is my way of saying thanks for reminding me to never assume anything, and dont let the guy in the hat discourage you. across the 21 stocks Tom and David have agreed on, The average return for each stock is an astounding 473%!. Let us know what you think about this pick in the comment section below. However please note unfortunately as of now, you risk missing out on this Total Conviction stock because Tom will only reveal this stock recommendation to members of theStock Advisorcommunity. So I was thrilled to stumble upon your site where you did the work for me! The content has not been edited 0. That should hit 53% by 2018, according to research from eMarketer. I picked some up last month at about $27. This is at no extra cost to you, and rest-assured that we only recommend what we use ourselves and find beneficial.*. theves in the market screw up the market.penny stocks are deal fool, you rip off me and my penny stock idea of putting in 500.000 and you would make money.you fool. Read our Details and Disclosures. What a dated email. But still, we want to know what the stock is whats the story? Companies like Netflix, Amazon, and Google (YouTube included) have all spent the last half-decade chipping away at the foundation of cable. did the 3rd pick loose to the point of 1227% bringing average of first 3 picks to a outstanding average of 773%? This hidden company has been raking in cash from deals with industry titans … with almost no fanfare from Wall Street. The price for one share is nearly 900 a person like I can't spend that on one stock Really??). After logging in you can close it and return to this page. With an extremely generous 4.5% dividend, Verizon is in an attractive position for a long-term investment. Thus the decision-maker has no grounds for certainty that the value of the lives saved from the ticking bomb will outweigh the value of the lives lost because of the subsequent disorder. Subscribe to this comment thread. The United Nations Convention against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment, which was adopted on December 10, 1984, and entered into force on June 26, 1987, explicitly states in Article 2.2 that: No exceptional circumstances whatsoever, whether a state of war or a threat of war, internal political instability or any other public emergency, may be invoked as a justification of torture. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. Canadians interested in investing and looking at opportunities in the market besides being a 7.6 million households are now "cord cutters." No, we dont all have cell phones.. Renowned investor Tom Gardner has identified a stock that he thinks resembles Facebook in its early days. ceo bets $624 million on tv's "ticking time bomb" overcome hurdles synonym LIVE but figures slightly changed to show he has now invested alot more (b/c share price is higher). Cable has only been able to remain relevant throughout the last two decades because of two things: infrastructure and content. That's exactly what Spotify(SPOT 4.44%) founder and CEO Daniel Ek did in July. but not in the positive sense. That's about a 13% annual return for three years, again, just to break even. But launching smaller satellites into low altitudes could soon prove a much better strategy. The real reason is that they think this stock could make them rich, too. Anyway thought I would give you my two cents. CoreSite Realty Corporation serves telecommunications carriers, content and media entertainment providers, cloud providers, enterprise customers, financial and educational institutions, and government agencies. and How can I see that the volume died out ..before the spike on Feb 22? These "ultimate buy alerts" don't come around too often. Disagree completely. hi, never invested before, hope to leave something for my daughter. In case youre curious, the only clue that really doesnt make sense, on the surface, is the $429 million CEO bet number Jeff Green only holds about $6.8 million worth of the Class A shares. Just wanted to say thanks, because I had so bought into the Fool myth that I hadnt looked into things as well as I mightve. CEO Bets $624 Million on TV's "Ticking Time Bomb". This is a discussion topic or guest posting submitted I dont think it pays a dividend yet. Given that the 800,000 warrants cost Ek 14.6 million euros, each warrant cost 18.25 euros. Boucher found in her report that the Lakeshore ER is missing 52 per cent of its full-time staff. Support Skylar Grey and BUY HER ALBUM! I was paying $200/monththats $24,000 in 10 years. Yes, the CEO did mention the TV business being a "ticking time bomb" in an interview published on Business Insider. I will pay whatever is necessary NOT to see ads. Toms brother David a legendary investor who picked Amazon at $3.19! Renowned investor Tom Gardner has identified a stock that he thinks resembles Facebook before its IPO. The simple fact is that an a-la-carte model for television saves consumers money. CoreSite is a backdoor play on the growing trend of streaming data. But by this March, the 29-year-old man from Rhode Island had hit rock bottom. Yes, TTD is positioned to profit from more people joining streaming services. And, as a Battlestar Gallactica fan, I love your name.