Add to Cart. Very user friendly. KGB. You are definitely going to want to have a dedicated swimbait setup for this bait. These baits are known for drawing big bass from long distances even when they aren't particularly active or hungry. Productive swimbaits range in size from 4 to 14 inches and span every imaginable design. The Phantom is truly a "Bread and Butter" lure. The Posseidons solid construction makes them more durable than any other soft plastic swim bait made. $5 Flat Standard Domestic Shipping. Don't find yourself without these fish magnets in your box. Foil or Glitter additional $10. You can troll it down to 1.. $25.99 . The Hellhound is hands down the easiest glide bait to use; it really doesn't get much easier. Hot Tail Gliders Regular. As far as colors go you cant go wrong with the Oikawa Mesu pattern. The most important tip I can give for glide bait fishing is to employ an erratic retrieve thats constantly changing. Daiwa NEW Black Widow Lure Rod 7-28g BW802MS-AU 8ft, Musky Innovations 15 in 8.8 oz Custom Mag Heli Dawg Ultra Flash. Top ten muskie lures that you need to throw in 2019. . Phoenix Glide Bait 7.5" with Leader Color Fire Tiger. Musky Shop TV is brought to you by The Musky Shop The Worlds #1 Musky Outfitter and the Musky 360 app.This episodes featured lure is-Lynch Um Lureshttps://ww. 1. However, there are a handful of baits that still offer high performance at a reasonable price point. $78.99 - $99.99 7 Colors. Hand carved wood construction Body length 6.75" Weight 2.5 oz. A dive and rise jerk bait with a removable weight system permitting you to fish different depths and an adjustable stainless-steel tail for precise depth and action control. You dont need to jack em, but make sure you have a hard, strong sweeping hookset to seal the deal. Free spinning rear ball bearing swivel Flap blade contacts steel retaining clip providing random "clink" .051" wire replaceable hook spreaders Hand carved wood construction Body length 6" Weight 2.1 oz. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 8-1/2" Suick Style Dive N Rise Custom Handmade Musky Bait Fishing Lure (N) at the best online prices at eBay! A dive and rise jerk bait with a removable weight system. Hellhounds do not have a built in weight system to achieve different depths, but by adding larger or heavier gauge hooks you can augment the lures rate of fall. Filter by Sort by 70 products Zilla Baits - The Dirty Hooker $95.00 Zilla Baits - GodZilla $110.00 Pandemic Baits - 7" Soft Tail Gliders $60.00 Gaston Fish Lures from $50.00 OLT Custom Sucker Bait (Small) from $40.00 Elk River Glides 694 W MT VERNON ST The business is called BeauZooka Baits, based off the owner's name. Foiled or glitter ad $10. Ive put together the following list of the best glide baits that are readily available, come at a good price point and flat out catch giant bass. $27.00 . So how do you decide which one is best?if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,600],'tiltfishing_com-leader-2','ezslot_19',115,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-tiltfishing_com-leader-2-0'); There are three main factors you should consider when deciding on a color; bass forage, water clarity and drawing power. Quick View. Gan Craft Jointed Claw Zepro 178 Glide Bait. If I want to get a soft tail action, I use the esox assault killer tails on a hard tail bait. You can throw this bait 365 days of the year, and at any speed to match the conditions youll face and the mood of the fish. I prefer the killer tails over the factory soft tails as I like the hook placement better on the hard tail and can always take the killer tail off and go back to the hard bait. How to Choose the Right Bass Fishing Colors, Glide Bait Fishing Bass: A Beginners Guide. Hellhounds are made of hard plastic and are built like a tank. Custom X; Savage Gear; View All; Info Mississauga, Ontario Hand tuned counter rotating buzzer blades Rear buzzbait clacker for added metallic noise Eagle Claw 774 5/0 front hook and Hand carved wood construction Body length 7" Weight 4.7 oz. They cant resist when the bait moves and pauses just right. * Large jerk bait @ 5-1/4" 135mm. The lures available here are all made by someone that counts on them on a daily basis to put fish in the boat. Length: 7" Weight: 2.4oz After endless rounds of testing and design, the KGB C.. . The only limitation is depth when the fish are positioned lower in the water column in deeper water (12+ feet), these baits will fall out of favor. The drawing power and pure ability to catch giant fish is what truly makes these baits so special.if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'tiltfishing_com-leader-3','ezslot_20',117,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-tiltfishing_com-leader-3-0'); Ive spent many hours researching and trying out different baits to learn this fishing technique. The unique action, vibration and realistic colors makes this an absolute bass catcher. I love my occupation (Associate Pastor) but that occupation requires I work on Sundays. From 50+ inch Muskies, 35-inch Walleye, whatever you chasedo it with passion, intensity and confidence in the fact that no matter how many people call you crazy, you are not alone. No regrets! Swimbaits, the newest musky lure category, are large soft plastic lures that can weigh as much as six ounces or more. You never know what will trip their trigger. It definitely is not for fishing. So what makes a good glide bait? The best time to use these baits is in cooler water 65 degrees and less but Ive had great success throwing them all season long. Built to last. In clear water situations, I tend to go more natural if the fish are less aggressive. Tune retaining .035" stainless prop held by two screws "Drop-Wire" hook hanger acts as Hand carved wood construction Body length 5" Weight 2.5 oz. Price $2.99. Gan Craft Jointed Claw Super Magnum 303 Glide Bait. H&H 6" Drop Belly Glide Bait with Soft Tail 20 products The old saying "you get what you pay for" usually holds true, no different for muskie lures. The Megabass I-SLIDE-262T Swimbait is designed for a wide, meandering S sw.. H&H 7inch Flat-Sided Glide Bait. Premium 110 plus. A small sampling of muskie lures by West Virginians includes (clockwise, from top left) an Amma Bama, made by Bill Looney of Amma . Any problems you can find me via email. Glide baits are an amazing tool for musky fishing, because they have the ability to move fish when nothing else will. Ghosts are the fish that you hear stories about at night around the campfire. The shad like profile is an excellent option on southern muskie waters like Melton Hill and Cave Run. Here at D-Ski Custom Baits we make affordable musky baits built with top notch quality components. The Roadkill crank bait from Adam's Custom Lures is a solid resin body crankbait with with a durable.. $29.99 . The best way to maximize your hookups is getting the fish to t-bone the bait and giving them a low, sideways hookset. Our tournament-winning lures produce actions that put trophy fish on your line, leaving you with great pictures and lifelong memories. The Famous Hooker Bait 12" Crankbait Musky Lure Display. 9.5 inch $75 Deep $80 The creators of this bait nailed the single joint and it has just the right amount of flex which allows the tail end to move side to side creating some great action. ABT Lures Suicide Glide. Peterborough Pro Tackle. If you are just getting into the glide bait game, then Id recommend starting off with the 168 size. The ones that give you goosebumps on a 90-degree day and make you sweat at night while lying in bed. Handmade Wooden Musky Lures Home of the McGlide, Mc-Do-All, & McJerk Musky Lures To order your fishing lures please call 814-553-6120 or email huntinman64@yahoo.com Home Contact Us Our Story McGlide Fishing Catching Action The fishing action that musky can't resist! Experienced bait maker who specializes in hand crafted fishing lures made to target giant fish. Posseidon can be fished in many different styles. Gan Craft S Song 115 . Check out this pig of a musky that Tim caught on his H&H Custom Muskie Lures "Apache". Free spinning rear ball bearing swivel Stainless tail blade knocks against metal retaining clip .051" wire replaceable hook spreaders .092" Hand carved wood construction Body length 6" Weight 2.4 oz. The glide bait is an amazing way to catch big bass. Item Length: Varies. I stay away from fluorocarbon when Im fishing glide baits. Phantoms have produced trophy muskies in every state and province. I hope you have found this post to be insightful and helpful as you select and fish a glide bait on your next fishing adventure. Strike Pro Trueglide Guppie Jr. These little Muskie baits have the same great side to side, gliding action as their bigger brothers,Phantom Lures are made from solid, high impact plastic specifically chosen for its wood like characteristics. It can dot it all. And a host of soft-plastic creature baits have been racking up big . Its simple. get a refurbished Dobyns 795 Fury from Dobyns for $80 shipped. $ 39.99. Once you find a "good one" hold on tight. 53 products. Warlocks are rather easy to work but have their own cadence: not too fast, not too slow seems to be the sweet spot. So many choices - where to start? A lot of anglers often wonder when the best time to throw a glide bait or swim bait. If the lure is properly tuned, Mantas will do a delayed nose down screw turn on the pause; this "Death Spiral" is one of the best triggers I've seen for muskies. In doing some research on how to finish them after painting, I stumbled on some videos on how to create your own. Best Musky Crankbait: Llungen Lures .22 Short Key Features Length: 5.25 inches Weight: 1 ounce 20 color patterns Why it Made the Cut If you want to cover a ton of water in a day, trolling is the best way to do it and the .22 Short is one of the best trolling lures for musky. There are ghosts of all forms and in all bodies of water. Its really the action, the shades and tones of those colors that make fish react.if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[320,50],'tiltfishing_com-large-leaderboard-2','ezslot_10',111,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-tiltfishing_com-large-leaderboard-2-0');if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[320,50],'tiltfishing_com-large-leaderboard-2','ezslot_11',111,'0','1'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-tiltfishing_com-large-leaderboard-2-0_1'); .large-leaderboard-2-multi-111{border:none !important;display:block !important;float:none !important;line-height:0px;margin-bottom:7px !important;margin-left:auto !important;margin-right:auto !important;margin-top:7px !important;max-width:100% !important;min-height:50px;padding:0;text-align:center !important;}. The Warlock from Bitten Tackle is the Swiss Army Knife of musky glide baits. The Tubby Tube can be is fished in deep or relatively shallow water and used like an erratic jerk bait. Making a Muskie Glider Bait | Part 1 | Lure Building | How to build a Glider Thanks for watching! Free spinning rear ball bearing swivel Rear washer and steel retaining clip for METALLIC CLANK .051" wire replaceable hook spreaders Hand carved wood construction Body length 6.75" Weight 3.8 oz. Register; . Seems like there are times when muskies will eat a glide bait when they're not even hungry. What gives the bait category its name however is the ability to pop or pull the rod and cause the bait to careen and glide off to one side, often triggering a following bass to strike. Long before Phantoms, Hell Hounds and Shum Shums, the Reef Hawg was a go to in the glide bait department. This is our showcase collection of handcrafted custom lures from some of our favorite bait makers. Business & Industrial; Fishing; Books & Video; Clothing & Footwear; Downrigger, Outrigger Gear; Fishing Trips; Fly Fishing; Freshwater Fishing; Baits & Lures As an experienced guide, I would like to share with you what my clients and I have observed during our hard worked hours on the water. They are excellent for target fishing around rocks, weeds, wood and current seams letting the lure pause for an extra moment on isolated sweet spots where muskies setup to ambush prey. Available in a huge variety of custom painted, real image, glitter, or foil finishes: 5 inch painted $75 GLIDE BAITS Shum Shums are one of the finest hand made wooden gliders on the market today. $11500. Phantoms and Mantas are great options, too. This is a great feature to have when muskies are holding deep but still want a fast presentation. There is something about the action and gliding motion of these baits that trigger big bass into biting. Its rated 2-6oz and has a little softer action than other musky rods but still has some good backbone. What a fish! Can be fished shallow or deep on a fast or slow re. Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device Musky Tackle Musky Baits, Leaders, Line, and all other things we need to chase the elusive Virginia Musky! This musky . Pickup available, usually ready in 1 hour. Glide Bait 10" Hero Maker Shop Collection Length: 10" Depth: 3-5' Mini Drop Belly Crank Shop Collection Length: 5" Depth: 5-8' Psycho Norman Jr. Shop Collection Length: 6" Weight: 4.3 oz Harvey's Apprentice Shop Collection Glide Bait Hero Maker Shop Collection Play. For more information on choosing the right color when targeting bass check out this article:How to Choose the Right Bass Fishing Colors. MPN: Does not apply. Only 6 units left. This thing catches monsters bass, stripers and any predator you can imagine. Jones 8" Musky Glide Bait Custom Handmade Fishing Lure Sucker Pattern (Q) | Sporting Goods, Fishing, Baits, Lures & Flies | eBay! $175.00. Sold Out - Thats why I like the Hellhound of all the glide baits Ive tried, its the easiest to control. Hand carved wood construction Body length 7" Weight 2.8 oz. Brand: Savage Gear. These baits swing effortlessly as they glide from side to side enticing and fooling even the smartest muskies that swim.These versatile lures can be worked slow and low or quickly just under the surface. I build many glide baits for muskie fishing, the flat sided glides with rounded top and belie with short radius router have the most flash and wobble, I also try to get my ballast closer to the center line and if I want more erratic action and more wobble I get part of the weight above the center line, but the center of the weight gravity still . 5 talking about this. Even though you may find similar patterns, no two are 100% alike. One negative to glide baits is a lower hooking percentage when compared to bucktails or topwaters. Even though you may find similar patterns, no two are 100% alike. My brother-in-law invited me to join The Muskie Flea Market and I started listing/selling baits on that site. Ryan's Custom Lures very shallow glider -orange tiger. . The glide bait is an amazing way to catch big bass. $949. However, where they really shine is in the spring during the pre-spawn when the water is warming up and the bass are actively feeding as they prepare for the spawn. As a slow sinking bait, the bait can be used to attack the entire water column; Single-jointed construction gives it a remarkable swimming motion. *4 weights included. They are designed and built by renowned muskie guide Lee Tauchen and are some of the finest built today. Boggs Custom Lures Sniper Hooks - 2 Pack. Fishing leaders play a critical role in the sport of fishing. It can be fished as a jerk bait, crank bait, twitch bait, and trolled. Lets get into it.if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'tiltfishing_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_1',107,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-tiltfishing_com-medrectangle-3-0');if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'tiltfishing_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_2',107,'0','1'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-tiltfishing_com-medrectangle-3-0_1'); .medrectangle-3-multi-107{border:none !important;display:block !important;float:none !important;line-height:0px;margin-bottom:7px !important;margin-left:auto !important;margin-right:auto !important;margin-top:7px !important;max-width:100% !important;min-height:250px;padding:0;text-align:center !important;}.