If you want to eat gyros but dont want to deal with the high prices and poor service youd expect at a Greek restaurant, go to Costco and get Daphnes Beef and Lamb Gyro Slices. I looked all over the bag and there was no website and just a phone number and a line stating that the item is distributed by MELD Food Group Inc. Made my own Tzatziki sauce as well. We're Matt & Lora. I thought it was delicious and I am very sorry that it is hard to find a Costco in Massachusetts. Tzatziki Sauce: Remove lid from sauce. The flavor of this product from Costco is super delicious that takes no time to cook. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site. There is a QR code that leads tograinandsimpleorganicfoods.comand the phone number on the bag also leads to the same website. Lamb, lamb, and beef, or even chicken, are traditionally used as raw materials for gyro meat. Turn the parchment paper over so the oiled side is up. If the meat is too dry add some more olive oil. Make this classic restaurant-style gyro meat at home. 2-The taste was zero. Keep them on hand in your kitchen and offer guests a delectable ethnic dining experience. Despite the fact that gyro meat does not have to be cooked, it is delicious when cooked. Each serving size is 2 ounces, which means six servings in each bag. Central Beef & Lamb Gyro Slices (0.5 oz), Fully Cooked: 6/5 lbs. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Copyright All rights reserved | Theme by, Costco Gyro Meat {Daphnes Beef and Lamb}. Remove the meat from the sous vide and when ready to serve, discard the juices from the bag. A gyro meat recipe is a delicious way to enjoy Mediterranean flavors. }, Ultimate Flank Steak Sandwich With Caramelized Onions and Cream Cheese on Ciabatta. It is easy to drain off the grease (if desired) while pan heating but having a plastic bag full of grease out of the microwave is a mess waiting to happen. The consent submitted will only be used for data processing originating from this website. Those gyros are going to be bigger than what we make with our Naan bread, and to be fair I would say two of our homemade gyros are equivalent in size to one restaurant gyro. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Place the dish in the oven and heat it for 10 to 15 minutes. Privacy Policy. Place ground lamb and beef in a mixing bowl. Use on Naan the first time and Whole wheat pita the second time and both ways it was great. To Make the Gyros: -Unwrap the gyro loaf and use a sharp knife to cut long strips no thicker than 1/4-inch. Makes 3 heat & serve sandwiches. Lay gyro meat flat onto the aluminum foil. Fully cooked, they also eliminate the need for special equipment and make it easy to quickly serve customers. For more information, please see our Instructions. Add onions, garlic, rosemary, oregano, salt, pepper, cumin, paprika, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and bread . The classic way of serving the meat is to make a big platter of gyros! Daphnes Beef and Lamb Gyro Slices: this is NOT Meat. IT IS FLOUR STICKSCompletly misleading and tastes awful. About this item. 13520 Aurora Avenue North - Seattle, WA 98133. . Each serving has 190 calories with 16g of fat, 5g of carbs, and 7g of protein. Package I got has no expiration date. When it comes to the heating of the gyro meat, the proper method is required to ensure that the meat remains moist and flavorful. MadMex! Support your local mediterranean shop if looking for a gyro. 75%. While they are a surefire crowd-pleaser, they are also a quick and easy meal to pull together at home on those nights you don't feel like cooking. The meat is tender and soft and pairs really well with the naan bread and toppings. One Instagrammer with a colorful handle thought they made a great addition to a zucchini bread pizza kit, calling it "super tasty.". What are Daphne's gyros made of? Stop in or order online! Place pieces in an oiled pan and heat at 165F for about five minutes. Costco also adds a few additional ingredients to their gyro meat, such as red bell peppers, onion, and parsley. If you consume 2oz regularly, the sodium content will be 430 mg, equal to 19%. The air fryer gyros are a delicious and simple method for achieving a delicious gyro flavor while remaining mindful of the oven time. Costco gyro meat is extremely convenient to use because it is ready to eat within two days of purchase. Jul 12, 2022 - Daphne's Beef and Lamb Gyro Slices From Costco#costco #gyro #daphnegyro. Instructions. All you have to do is heat up the meat for a few minutes in a pan, heat the pita bread, assemble and enjoy! Flatten and smooth the meat into a nice meatloaf as shown below. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. You made me laugh out loud re giving it a hard pass. I plan to do just that and get the lamb chops as you suggest. For $11.79, you will get 2 individually wrapped packages of gyro meat weighing 12 ounces each. This can be served on a plate or in a pita or flatbread, making it a great grab-and-go meal. It was heavy on the clove/cinnamon flavors that I have tasted before in some Moussaka dishesnot my fav. Cookie Notice We also make our own Tzatziki sauce using. Fitness Goals: Heart Healthy. woman jumps off carquinez bridge 2021 daphne's beef and lamb gyro slices cooking instructions. daphne's beef and lamb gyro slices cooking instructions. I would probably get them again but knowing that these are a little off in flavor but the convenience of them wins out. When you login first time using a Social Login button, we collect your account public profile information shared by Social Login provider, based on your privacy settings. The gyro meat is also a great choice for catering or large events, as its easy to prepare in large quantities and is sure to please a crowd. The gyro kit, which was spotted by Instagram account @costcobuys, is created by Daphnes. At first glance, this seems like a great price, but the actual price per pound is $7.86. When the oil is hot, add the gyro meat strips to the pan and cook. The 1.38-pound container can easily be tossed in the fridge for the days you need a quick lunch or dinner. Maybe there is just a BUNCH of methylcellulose from the binder?? Each serving size is 2 ounces, which means in each individual bag there are 6 servings. I tried to look up this gyro meat online for some more information but couldnt find anything. To the same bowl, add the olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, rosemary, creole seasoning, a tiny pinch of salt and a large pinch of pepper. Daphnes pre-made gyro slices are a delicious way to enjoy these popular Mediterranean flavors without having to make them at home. How many Daphne's are there? It is serving with tzatziki sauce and other sauces make it more delicious. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Set out a 9X5 inch loaf pan and line it with foil. I hope so; this article will be informative for you. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Grab the garlic and thinly slice 5 of the cloves, set aside. Rosarita Vegetarian Refried Beans Ingredients Vegetarian Meals For Breakfast . Easy greek kits and meals made from Daphne's Greek formula recipes! Please bring these to the atlanta market!! These gyro slices are a fairly unique product and you will often see them randomly placed somewhere in the deli section. 15%. Your guests will never know they weren't cut fresh in the back of the store. Daphnes Gyro Slices are easy to prepare and delicious. Costcomenu.com is not owned, operated, or maintained by Costco Wholesale Corporation. This recipe is delicious with the tzatziki, purple onions, and tomatoes. If you remember, we went to Daphnes back in 2017 when we started our tour of the world via food. Why ruin it? You can now try out this delicious and convenient meal by following this link. With the combination of these authentic ingredients, you get a Mediterranean-style taste with Arbys Greek Gyro. I did freeze the unopened pack of these and will note that if you go to reheat, it is one giant hunk of meat strips, so when you go to break them apart for heating on the stove, they break into a ton of little pieces. These products are present in the refrigerated area of Deli and the famous Costco. While making gyros is the obvious utilization for these meat strips I really like using them to add some flavorful protein to salads. daphne's beef and lamb gyro slices cooking instructions. Refrigerate for one hour. Get Daphne's Delicious Authentic Restaurant Style Gyro Kit delivered to you in as fast as 1 hour via Instacart or choose curbside or in-store pickup. We post extensive reviews, cooking instructions, and calorie information for a wide variety of . Very disappointed no real flavor, emphasis on real! The meat is already cooked and just needs to be seared and reheated. 3 pita flatbreads. In a large resealable plastic bag, toss the beef strips with the all the herbs and seasoning until well coated. But this is an affordable homemade version of a Greek street food favorite. Remove the gyro slices from one of the packages and heat through in a skillet over Medium High heat for about 5 minutes. While the calories are not in a very big amount. This is all you need to prepare the gyros by heating them in a pan, then cutting the pita bread into squares and serving. Amount of calories in Beef & Lamb Gyro Slices: Calories 190. Lightly salt and then dewater the grated cucumber. For anyone who enjoys donuts, this meal at Costco is well worth the trip. Delightful And Delicious: Beef Bourguignon A Perfect Meal For Any Occasion! You can make 5 to 6 gyros from one bag of Costco gyro meat. Ive purchased this gyro meat from Costco maybe 8+ times now and I really enjoy it. User @mrsmaqual expressed her delight about the delicious slices on . Product details Specifications. Costco sells Daphne's Beef and Lamb Gyro Slices for $11.79. The combination of beef and meat slices gives a unique taste. Daphnes beef and gyro meat has solved this problem. Cook for 5-7 minutes before flipping the pan several times. You can find it anywhere at random places in the Deli section. Gyros are nutritious because they contain all of the health benefits and are high in protein. Make your own gyro meat by spreading it on a baking tray and adding two tablespoons of liquid (water or stock). These bring me back to the days of living in NYC and working in midtown Manhattan. Facebook Email or phone Your email address will not be published. When we found that Costco carried these Daphnes Beef and Lamb Gyro slices, we had to try them. Press the gyro meat blend into a vac and seal the bag, removing all the air from the bag. Combine the meat using your hands. daphne's beef and lamb gyro slices cooking instructions. It had a flavor profile that in my experience is not typical of gyro meat. Follow this recipe and make a few extra batches for those busy weeknights. Today. Thank you. Hope this helps. HELP HELP HELP!!! If this intrigued you, here are some others meals we think you may enjoy: Gyros with Falafel and Greek Cucumber Salad. columbus high school basketball schedule. There is a layer of congealed fat on the bottom of the bag as it looks like the meat slices were sealed in immediately after being cooked. Never a problem. If you use frozen bread or thawed bread, bake it for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or 2-3 hours. Overall, it will cost you $7.86 per ounce. Picked up a bag of Daphnes Beef and Lamb Gyro Meat the other day to try out on some homemade pita. In her free time (if there is such a thing), shes probably watching reality TV, online shopping, or cuddling with her dog, Waffle. These are located in the delis refrigerated section and in my particular Costco they are located near other items such as theChicken Katsu,Basil Pesto, or theOctopus. No longer are gyros a state-fair-only food. When purchased from a restaurant, the gyro meat is already cooked and ready to eat. This is great for if you only need half the bag and want to keep the other half fresh. In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground lamb, grated red onion, and all herbs and spices. Sodium 1870 mg. 430/2300mg left. We may earn a small commission for our endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website. Just heat and serve: Place gyro slices on a preheated grill or frying pan. Costco gyro meat slices with pita bread, fresh lettuce, and sliced onions give a wonderful taste. 12g. Whether youre making gyros for a party or just for a weeknight dinner, the Costco Gyro Meat Air Fryer will make it easy. How To Bake Escargot Perfectly: A Guide To Cooking The French Delicacy, How To Make A Delicious Gyro Sandwich At Home.