An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. I was told about the class action law suit in Port St Lucie Florida, can I still get in touch with that law office to help me fix my pipes please email me any information you have about this in Florida email [emailprotected], I purchased my manufactured house used in 2001, its a Champion was told top of the line, I was young and got it cheap enough. Dyson PH01 Review: Pure Humidity + Cool Class-action lawsuits are not uncommon in the residential plumbing industry; in fact, since 2001, there have been at least 22 class-action lawsuits involving plumbing pipes and fittings and at least 39 builders have been named as co-defendants in these class actions. Most likely you have very little recourse at this stage. Unfortunately, Im not sure. Actually. Contractors will also have to cut holes in the walls of the home to access the piping and switch it out. Vinyl Plank Flooring Review The following are signs that copper pipes in your home's plumbing system may have failed: Water backups Slow draining sinks and tubs Sewage leaking Foul smells Bug infestation Water damage Water stains on floor, baseboards or walls Water-damaged Walls We have insurage that covers street to house water and sewer, but they usually dont pay out until it leaks. Whats worse, there could be microscopic leaks or tears inside the flexible polybutylene pipes, which could burst or leak at any time. This is not legal advice. Roomba S9+ vs. S9 vs. i7+ vs. i7 vs. e5 Rubbermaid Ratchet Twist Mop Review But for a while now, been noticing some black residue getting in screen of bathroom sink. My neighbors have all had leaks, as well. Lefant T700 Review Any info, thoughts, or direction would be appreciated! 1 A polybutylene pipe class-action lawsuit was filed in 1995 against the Courses 239 View detail Preview site Privacy Policy | It takes some time to eat away. We found that the 1/4" line actually had small leaks in several places. They are also resistant to freezing, which is why it was popular in the Mid Atlantic region as well as the warmer areas. The Del Rivero's moved to Ladera Ranch in South Orange County in 2006. Del Rivero said his repairs - including a pipe coating to prevent his insurance from being cancelled - adds up to more than $40,000. "Then the third (water leak), the fourth one and the fifththere has to be something wrong," he said. My house has this pipe and now they are leaking i am on a fixed income. I have had good luck replacing parents houses galvanized piping with PEX-A ,expandable pex, Propex, Uponor, so many names, what is great about iteverything..NO crimp rings to leak, low cost fittings, cheap milwaukee expanding tool, ability to create a manifold system cheap w/valves. It has Polybutylene pipes. Bissell Zing Canister Vacuum Review Depending on the type of piping, a homeowner may have to pay several thousand dollars to replace the pipes. Amarey A980 Review Amarey A900 Review Shell Oil Co., was won and settled for $950 million, allowing affected homeowners the chance to get their pipes replaced for free. Puripot airFrame F1+ Review My house was built in 1955 however, at some point my house has been re plumb using that pipe and has to change several pipes because of that issue. Neato Botvac D3 Review 1/6/2015 for claims accruing prior to July 10, 2014. The builders should have used "stronger resistive" pipe, the suit said. Sorry . Tenergy Portable Ceramic Space Heater Review "I think the blame squarely rests with the developers," said Richard Bridgford, whose law firm is representing Del Rivero and potentially hundreds of others in a proposed class action lawsuit. Thank you for your time. Does anyone know of any open class action lawsuits in PA regarding these Polybutylene pipes? Bissell PowerFresh Steam Mop Review Bamboo Sofa End Table Review Call your homeowners insurance company to file a claim for any damage. The paper authored by Elliot and Corbett provided . Were the failures associated with specific lots or manufacturing dates for the tubing? UPDATE 1:According to an update on the Vanguard pipe fitting settlement website, the plaintiffs withdrew their request for final approval of the class action settlement to allow the parties to address some questions raised ina hearing held on Dec. 2, 2013. Filed Under: Plumbing News Tagged With: China-made products, copper plumbing pipe, Noblesville. To receive this payment, you must complete the Claim Form per its instructions, include the required documentation, and mail it to the address in the instructions so that it is postmarked timely. Unfortunately, I do not know. I am not your lawyer. Youd need to reach out to a lawyer for that. Not only did people have to pay hundreds or thousands of dollars to have their pipes replaced, but many were also left with extensive water damage, structural deficiencies, electrical problems and black mould. Alen BreatheSmart Review & Comparison My house was built in 1985. iTvanila Air Purifier Review I bought our house 4 years ago and didnt know about the class action law suite. Costs to replace a polybutylene plumbing system varies. LIFX vs. Hue If copper piping is used, then the cost could be higher, as much as $15,000 or more. The leaks just started. Bought a stick built home in NC in 2012. Shark IONFlex 2x DuoClean Review Carson City, NV: (Aug-07-07) A class action lawsuit was filed against Del Webb Communities Inc., the developer of . "They literally build up a pit. With the combination of increasing fuel costs that make importing material China less profitable and the increasing reports of the less-than-perfect quality of Chinese-made products, we believe that the resurgence of US manufacturing is rapidly becoming a viable possibility. In 1995, a class-action lawsuit was filed in Tennessee over faulty polybutylene plastic piping. Mc Nelly Torres can be reached at mctorres@SunSentinel.com or 954 . You can also contact the settlement administrator or class counsel with any questions. iLife A4s Pro Review He has been featured in Fast Company, Reader's Digest, Business Insider, Realtor.com, She Knows, and other major publications. JCI Defective Copper Evaporator Coil Class Action Settlement Deadline Varies Contact Dickerson v. York International Corporation Settlement Administrator 1801 Market Street, Suite 660 Philadelphia, PA 19103 Email: Questions@jccoppercoilsettlement.com Fax: 1-484-350-4442 O-Cedar EasyWring Spin Mop Review Defective copper pipe class action suit. Defective PEX fittings are those that leak, prematurely degrade or cause any damage as a result of premature corrosion. Bought mobile about 10 years ago have gray pipes and been have problems every since bought been had to fix water pipe now how another pipe buster, I have a 1987 Cavco when I purchased it 3 years ago floors were solid now since there was a leak in the bathroom under the tub sunk my floor and seems like other spots are soft now too. Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Review Dreame T20 Review Meross Smart Plug Review I immediately had Dustin Weber fix the leak. A family rocked by a $13,000 plumbing bill is warning people to beware of potentially faulty plumbing lurking behind the walls of homes built or renovated in the last two decades. My house was built in 1972. The pinhole leak was in a place where theres no explanation for why the leak occurred. Still go mobile home and still repairing grey pipe. Copyright 2023 KABC Television, LLC. LADERA RANCH, Calif. (KABC) -- When Enrique Del Rivero turns on the tap, he worries that water could also be flowing elsewhere. The homeowners sustained water damage and had to replace all of the piping in their home. If you think you have a legal claim you should reach out to a lawyer. Does this appear to be an acceptable fix? Vinyl Plank vs. Laminate Hardwood vs. Wood-Look Tile Potentially hundreds of homes in Orange County could face damaging leaks form tiny holes in pipes that can get bigger over time even after a home has been inspected. Shell Oil Co., where $120 million was provided for affected homeowners. Nash Air Purifier Review As far as I know PB pipes, inside the house, were ALWAYS grey. Molekule Review Tuft & Paw Review In addition to providing the Limited Warranty set forth above, Viega shall also make cash payments to members of the Useful Life Subclass upon a submission of a valid claim on or before July 10, 2015 one (1) year after the deadline to provide notice to the Settlement Class. What a mess. What should I do to get into the law suit to replace my house pipes all over. Established in 1995, the $1.1 billion Polybutylene Pipe Settlement Fund has spent more than $976 million to provide relief to homeowners. Our Vanguard system has to be replaced. But my main question is- can this be harmful to people and or long time issues? Good luck! The parties have reached an agreement on a new proposed settlement. Chlorine, a common additive used in water treatment, is the primary culprit. I am facing the same problem. Closed Captioning and Described Video is available for many CBC shows offered on CBC Gem. I fixed that but unbeknownst to me there was a 2nd pinhole leak in the tubing which has resulted in significant damage. Frank and Annette Cappellino built their dream home in LaSalle, near Windsor, Ont., about 10 years ago. A lawyer or your home owners insurance would be the first place to start. No open class action lawsuits, if thats what you mean. Shell Oil Co. was filed in Arkansas, Class Action Revisits Settled Case Over Allegedly Defective Shell Oil Polybutylene Piping Systems, Poly Issues for Real Estate Professionals, Types of Plumbing Pipes and their Lifespan. We bought place in 1991. In 1995, a class-action lawsuit was filed in Tennessee over faulty polybutylene plastic piping. A class action lawsuit against Zurn, a fitting manufacturer, concluded with a win for the plaintiffs. Lume & Lume+ Review: UV-C Sanitizer, MECO Outdoor Security Camera Review Hello, LIFX Smart Bulb Review Proscenic 820s Robot Vacuum Review Ruggable Review We will take a closer look at the reasons for the increase in this reverse outsourcing phenomenon in our next post. I'm wondering of anyone out there has had issues with PDM US Gelcopper line sets manufactured around 2014. And of course. How can I get these pipes replaced without coming out of pocket for it? Dyson V6 Trigger Review The defendants denied any legal liability. Im sorry. I would suggest you reach out to lawyer to discuss your options. Levoit Vista 200 Air Purifier Review "You could touch the ceiling and your fingers could go through the ceiling," he said about the water damage. In 2001, a group of builders and developers settled a galvanized piping lawsuit for $41 million. Best Bissell Vacuum The average cost to replace polybutylene with PEX or PVC plastic can cost up to $10,000. Hoover Air Cordless Handheld Review "Water was just spewing out like a waterfall," said Frank Cappellino. For information on deleting the cookies, please consult your browsers help function. Dyson Hair Dryer Reviews Kabateck LLP The court has also certified two Subclasses. Calling them or their reps is virtually worthless. Cappellino said after a home inspection by a plumbing distributor and a representative of the Canadian manufacturer IPEX, the rep told him the cause of the leak was defective pipesbranded under the name Kitec pipes that were running throughout the house. Unfortunately, the large quantities of money involved in these lawsuits can encourage law firms seeking a cut of these settlements to run advertisements to attract clients for potential suits that dont exist. As stated above, polybutylene pipes are flexible, plastic resin pipes that could have been used on the interior or exterior of the home. Cappellino said they joined the legal fight shortly thereafter. ZeroWater vs. Brita vs. PUR, How to Identify Polybutylene Pipes, Lawsuits, & Replacement, Dyson V15 vs. Samsung Jet 90 vs. LG CordZero, Dyson V15 vs. Outsize vs. V11 vs. V10 vs. V8, Dyson V11 Torque Drive vs. Outsize vs. In the inspection report, the inspector has mentioned about the Vangaurd Pex piping and brass fitting installed in the house and mentioned to further evaluate on this system. Are Your Polybutylene Water Lines In Danger of Failing? The first time we spent hours trying to find a leak until we isolated every component and tested them individually. I was told I have poly piping in my home that is showing signs of leaking. Shark Steam Mop Review About 6,000 homeowners in Ladera Ranch are suing 10 different construction companies for installing copper pipes that degraded or broke apart due to the communitys water conditions. The inspector was teaching someone so he used my house as an educational opportunity for his trainee. These advertising campaigns are commonly called fishing expeditions. Hiring a lawyer is probably your best option. Reolink Argus PT Review Keep me posted. Ecovacs Deebot N79 Review They likely wont cover the cost of the plumbing system replacement, but insurance policy coverage varies. The class action lawsuit alleged that the copper coils are made using uncoated copper tubing and are susceptible to corrosion. Roomba 890 Review Another leak today. The Construction Defect Center believes that this type of leaking is now a nationwide problem, and is openly warning home builders, and building supply houses to avoid using these products.While it may be too late for many of you, we are saying buying Chinese building products is not worth the hassle, if the product does not meet US building codes. In addition, the tubes are sold without valve stops. Hoover Tempo Widepath Review your claim status, claim form or questions about when payments are In this lawsuit, any homeowner with Poly-B pipe and acetal fittings were eligible even if there was no leak. Does it have to be by state? status of any class action settlement claim. You could try your home owners insurance. Epic Water Filters Review KASDAN SIMONDS WEBER & VAUGHAN LLP, Troy M. Yoshino Renpho Air Purifier Review Dyson V6 vs. V7 Your email address will not be published. Rabbit Air MinusA2 Review All Rights Reserved. Any advice on how to start a class action lawsuit? Unfortunately, thats not something we know. Ring Camera Comparisons The only thing we know for sure is it was made in China. Some of Folsom's residents feel the city failed to act and have joined a class-action lawsuit. Shark Pet Perfect 2 Review Help, what can we do now? If you are looking to purchase a home, look out for the signs of polybutylene piping as inspectors and realtors may not be required to disclose. Been in the house almost 9 years. Canadian lawyer Robins said the settlementfund will be open to claims for eight years "because the prospect of the product failing could materialize over some time.". Box 500 Station A Toronto, ON Canada, M5W 1E6. Roborock S5 Max Review Hoover Sprint QuickVac Review Understand your not please.an attorney so what do you suggest. May 27, 2022. Roomba i6+ Review These homes were built in 2002 in Hemet, California. Shark APEX DuoClean Zero-M Review This is because this case involves a manufacturer of pipes, not a retailer. "Because we didn't know. Shark Rocket Deluxe Pro Vacuum Review By submitting your comment and contact information, you agree to receive marketing emails from Top Class Actions regarding this and/or similar lawsuits or settlements, and/or to be contacted by an attorney or law firm to discuss the details of your potential case at no charge to you if you qualify. Eric Misch: "When you start seeing these kinds of patterns,. That sounds like a nightmare. After all this time with no issues or claims, my insurance company is going to cancel my coverage! I am not a lawyer. If the tenant has no idea until more than one major water leak happens, then who shares the responsibility of this? MY HOME IS DISTROYED BY THIS GRAY PIPE. Defective Copper Pipe Class Action Lawsuit There have been multiple national and state specific lawsuits. The inspector will look at various parts of the home and determine their condition and the potential need for replacement prior to finalizing the contract and going to closing. Oak Hollow Aloria Office Chair Review Amarey Robot Vacuum Review Quoted over 8,000. Verdejo v. Vanguard Piping Systems Claims Administrator Though not banned, polybutylene pipes are no longer sold in the United States market. Now just an old man tired of this pipe. iLife vs. Roomba Viega will also pay claimants for their reasonable costs and expenses related to past eligible Failures falling within the Limited Warranty, which were not otherwise reimbursed to the claimant (whether by Viegas warranties, insurance, or otherwise). Can you direct me to any litigation concerning this tubing? defective copper pipe class action suitfunny leprechaun jokes And that's where the concern liesthe brass fittings that join two pieces of flexible PEX pipe together are failing with the potential to cause water and mold damage. Roidmi F8 Cordless Vacuum Review It causes degradation in polyolefin materials such as polybutylene, PERT and PEX, which results in pinhole leaks and pipe failures. Just 30 minutes of their time should be enough to give you an idea of what you can do. Notice The contents on this page are not legal advice. Unfortunately, those types of questions are beyond our knowledge. Make the switch to FlowGuard Gold plumbing systems and know that you are getting a material that is cost-effective, easy-to-install and puts you in control of your liability. When search suggestions are available use up and down arrows to review and enter to select. It was a cheaper alternative to copper, which was popular in the 1970s and 1980s. UPDATE 2:The Court granted final approval of the Settlement Agreement at a Fairness Hearing on September 17, 2014. Shark Navigator Pro Vacuum Review Top Class Light and Easy Review Los Angeles. Im gonna have to switch everything over to PEX. It is located in Silver Spring, Maryland 20906. Class Members of the Vanguard/Viega class action settlement will include all persons that own or have owned buildings, homes, residences or any other structures located in the United States that contain or have contained Viega Brass Fittings. If you during the time period from January 1 2008 to November 22 2016 purchased an uncoated York Fraser-Johnston Luxaire Coleman Evcon Guardian . Unfortunately, Im not sure about that, Stephen. iRobot Terra t7 Review That means that your house was repiped already. Williams says a plumber told her it's going to take eight to ten. The tubing is buried in gypcrete and it would be enormously expensive to replace it. The Cappellinos contacted the company to find out the testing results, but said they were told they couldn't have a copy of the report because a class action lawsuit was underway. Pulte said it is "fully committed to customer satisfaction and quality" and it has "offered to investigate and/or repair every home that has actually been identified in the complaint.". That really is a question for a lawyer. Rubbermaid Reveal Spray Mop Review There are no known water conditions that can cause CPVC to spontaneously fail. This website is not intended for viewing or usage by European Union citizens. The documentation required to be eligible for payment is detailed in the Claim Form. Roto KJ100G-C9 Review defective copper pipe class action suit makita 18v lxt sub compact brushless defective copper pipe class action suit. Hathaspace HSP001 Air Purifier Review dayton leroy rogers family. Levoit LV-H132 Review Electrolux Ergorapido Vacuum Review Viega fittings all over that are failing. All rights reserved. eLuxurySupply Towel Reviews Call us at 317-850-5114 to schedule an appointment. I called AAA today, but it doesnt sound like they will pay to get it fixed. I had a plumber to assess the damage and give me an estimate for repair. On the rare occasions that a problem does arise in a FlowGuard Gold plumbing system, the problem is typically the result of an error in installation or handling during service. Class-action lawsuits are not uncommon in the residential plumbing industry; in fact, since 2001, there have been at least 22 class-action lawsuits involving plumbing pipes and fittings and at least 39 builders have been named as co-defendants in these class actions. Eureka Mighty Mite Review But sounds like could be anytime-? Reolink Argus 2E Review The plaintiff, Spencer, alleged that the defendants were negligent and/or fraudulent in the production and sale of the piping. HOBOT Legee 668 Review What recourse do we have since it is currently not leaking but it is 28 years old? Levoit Core 300 Air Purifier Review The lawsuit was filed by Harold Malmquist, who, according to court documents, has racked up. The Construction Defect Center is a construction defect homeowners advocate group whose goal is to help homeowners dealing with construction defect issues. For claims accruing on or after July 10, 2014, the deadline to file a claim is within 180 days of accrual. Call around for a few quotes as the same contractor should be able to do the entire job. hbspt.cta._relativeUrls=true;hbspt.cta.load(4298533, '31711221-7da8-4748-942a-c1bb4460beb5', {"useNewLoader":"true","region":"na1"}); Copyright 2023 Lubrizol Advanced Materials, Inc. | All Rights Reserved. March 8, 2022 I awoke to a pool of water in both my laundry room and garage, from a leak in my attic. The lawsuit alleges the builders Centex Homes by Pulte knew copper piping used in its Ladera Ranch homes in the 92694 area code was "defective for the water conditions." Viega has agreed to provide a Limited Warranty covering certain Failures of Viega Brass Fittings. Joybird Sofa Review The parties have reached an agreement on a new proposed settlement. If the pipes continue to leak, they could cause substantial damage. Ultimately, it springs a leak, a pinhole leak," said attorney Michael Artinian, who works with Bridgford, as he held up a piece of copper pipe with a leak the size of a pinhole. Durapex was bought out by the Nibco INC. of Elkhart Indiana. Builders installed polybutylene water supply pipes in millions of American homes from 1978 to 1995, until the pipes were pulled off the market for being defective. And perhaps a laboratory water quality test. (HVAC) industry are the result of ant-nest corrosion" and "usually occurs in thin-wall copper pipes, especially when copper is de-sulphurized. According to a statement released by the Center, We have some of this Chinese made copper pipe, its too light to be copper, or 100% copper, we are not sure what it is. P.O. Ecobee4 Review Hello, I have had 3, now possibly 4 jobs where the line set itself started leaking. Roomba 981 Review Ring Stick Up Cam Battery Review A polybutylene pipe class-action lawsuit was filed in 1995 against the Shell Oil Company. According to the International Associated of Certified Home Inspectors PB pipes were manufactured from 1978 to 1995. https://www.nachi.org/pb.htm#:~:text=Polybutylene%20(PB)%20was%20a%20plastic,of%20installation%2C%20resistance%20to%20freezing. Can money to change out pipe still be gotten? Polybutylene Pipe Class Action Lawsuit. It was highly marketed as a low cost, easy to use option for plumbing systems in new home construction from 1978 to 1995. Dyson Pure Cool Me BP01 Review But its always a good idea to check with your insurance provider. I just discovered another leak today and wasnt informed of pipes from previous home owners. The settlement paid to replace Johnson's pipes with other plastic pipes, but she said she wanted the copper upgrade. Doubtful, but thats really more of a question for a qualified lawyer. You probably want to discuss with a lawyer. There are several factors that can cause leaks or bursts in polybutylene pipes: Municipal water treatment is considered the main cause and the pipes typically fail closest to the water main where its closest to the water source. The company said homeowners should "look for some spotting on the wall as a result of a pinhole in the plumbing pipe. If you do not mind then I will share it. Possibly, you need to contact a lawyer to discuss your options. Tesvor S6 Review The parties previously reached a class action settlement agreement, but following a hearing on Dec. 2, 2013, the plaintiffs withdrew their request for final approval of the settlement to allow the parties to address some matters raised by the court. Shell Oil Co. settled two major class action PB lawsuits Animal, Roborock S7 vs. S6 MaxV vs. S6 Pure vs. S6 vs. S5 Max, How to Smoke in Your Room Without Smelling It, What polybutylene pipes are and why it matters, Take Another Look at Polybutylene Plumbing, Failure Mechanisms and Lifetime Prediction Methodology for Polybutylene Pipe in Water Distribution System, Crack Initiation in Engineering Thermoplastics Resulting from Chemical Degradation, any homeowner with Poly-B pipe and acetal fittings were eligible, Hurt vs. Levoit LV-H133 Air Purifier Review Amazon.com Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Novostella Smart LED Bulb Review Roomba 690 vs. 960 Comparison Under Cox you must have a leak in your pipes to qualify. Double wide was setup around 1975. Whether you need to repair a small section or replace an entire line, we can provide the materials and service needed to get the job done right. Chinese-made imported copper plumbing pipes were widely used during the US housing boom that took place from 2004 to 2007. 1.Recent Copper Pipe Settlement Action May Be of Interest to NAHB 2.Lawsuit filed against city of Folsom following copper pipe leaks Paid good money to have the plumbing done by a licensed plumber. Germ Guardian GG1000 Review O-Cedar ProMist Spray Mop Review Novete Wet Dry Handheld Vacuum Review Therefore, I started researching about it and I found the law suit and others complaining about the system. Inmate Class Action Lawsuit; Defective Drugs; Defective Medical Devices; ERCOT Lawsuits; FTX Yield Bearing Accounts Lawsuits; Overtime Law/Wages; . "Homeowners should not have . Very helpful and informative article. I just bought the house in May 2022 There was also another lawsuit filed around the same time, Spencer vs. You may also hear or read polybutylene called PB or by the brand name Quest or Qest.. My question is why would they replace piping with polyburling? But they nonetheless did agree . They offer advice on how to navigate through the problem to get it resolved. About the lawsuit. Dreame L10 Pro Review The parties have now reached a second class action settlement agreement and a final approval hearing has been scheduled for Sept. 17, 2014. Help! document.getElementById( "ak_js_5" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); @2023 Top Class Actions. 5 Best Smart Ceiling Fans If my system ever starts to leak, I plan to use Pex-A , route new lines along ceiling edge, cover w/ crown molding, i wont have to open floor up in every room to access old lines, I can run lines down wall cavitys to fixtures. Beyond that, you would likely need to file a law suit. Even if the homeowners insurance covers the lose, you may still be on the hook for: Be sure to check out our other resource guides: Derek Hales is the Founder and Editor-in-Chief of ModernCastle.com. It is marked: Infloor Heating Systems Tubing, 3/8 (cts-00), 100 psi @ 180 degrees F, ASTM D-3309, PB2110 SDR. Blurams Home Pro Indoor Camera Review In either case, we are not lawyers and cannot provide legal advice. Buying a home can be overwhelming as its an intense, multi-step process to undertake. Actions does not process claims and we cannot advise you on the 12 Best Small Vacuums Lack of copper in the diet will cause your hair to turn gray / white. Free consultations. We use cookies to improve functionality and performance, enhance user experience, and provide tailored content. A Settlement has been approved with York International Corporation and Johnson Controls Inc. (together, "JCI") in a class action lawsuit in which the Plaintiffs alleged that JCI manufactured and sold defective copper evaporator coils and copper condenser coils. I would suggest reaching out to a local lawyer. I have this polybutylene pipes through my entire attic. my home along with the 10 other homes on this court, were built between 1989 to 1991. This came to mind when a home which I bought last year that was built in 1995 sprang a leak this week in a polybutylene lavatory water supply tube. It alleges thousands more homes may be at risk. Wink Hub Review The NAHB website uses cookies. Even though there does not appear to be any leaks at this time, I fear this act may have weakened the line. According to the class action lawsuits, Uponor yellow brass fittings and components made from high-zinc-content brass were defectively designed and prematurely corrode when drinking water runs through them, a chemical process known as "dezincification." Bissell Hard Floor Expert Review "Everything was wet", recalled Del Rivero. Thats why we can say with confidence that no inherent defects exist in FlowGuard Gold CPVC. We filed a class action lawsuit in federal court in Ohio and are interested in hearing from people like you to gather more information about FlowGuard Gold plumbing system problems. The Center has released a warning to all US homeowners, especially those in homes built or remodeled after 2004, to be on the lookout for unexplainable mystery plumbing leaks, especially those that involve copper pipes, and to keep the section of pipe that was replaced as evidence in case all the Chinese-made copper pipe needs to be replaced.