This episode was a great opportunity for fans to see what Stabler and Benson would look like as a couple. This leads to an interesting exchange between the two that echoes how complicated their relationship is. Look, we both chose each other over the job. Stabler spots them on the street as hes picking out flowers for his mom. Stuckey turns to shoot Stabler, but Benson grabs him and says, I want him to watch. Then, to further the ruse, Benson kisses Stuckey. Both of them confirm they couldnt sleep, and Benson tells Stabler she realizes Miles didnt rape Valerie. "If things didn't go well so much to lose," Rollins responds. How did melody learn to crawl in out of my mind? The most honest conversation viewers witnessed to date about why Stabler left happens in a hospital waiting area after both Stabler and Benson visited Kathy. "It was my choice. What SVU episode does Olivia get assaulted? What episode did Benson and Stabler sleep together? When she goes into his room she says, Youre supposed to duck, to which Stabler responds, Youre supposed to leave.. Elliot, tell us what you need, Benson says. "A whole friendship.". While Stabler isnt in this episode, he is mentioned during one of the most terrifying moments of Bensons life. They walk through the home with their flashlights raised (also in sync) and dont even have to speak to communicate, just like old times. In this episode, Stabler finally meets Bensons son, Noah, during a coincidental run-in on Mothers Day. Bell cuts the chat short. I can't be looking over my shoulder making sure you're OK," he says after Benson points out she couldn't shoot Gitano since he was using the child as shield. In episode 4 of season 21, titled The Burden of Our Choices, Benson tells Rollins about her pregnancy scare when she was 19. Elliot talked about you all the time.. "You're family," Stabler responds, while searching her kitchen for sugar. The father of Rollins child is later revealed to be Lt. Declan Murphy (Donal Logue), her former commanding officer. . No. She didnt. Stabler also makes sure to get Benson back in bed before he leaves and jokes, Im getting my hazard pay coming to see you.. I want to find balance here in this whatever this is, Stabler says. ", "It's so nice to allow myself," Rollins responds. What SVU episode does Olivia get assaulted? . And you know what, Eli turned out perfect, Benson says. Bernie instantly remembers that something bad happened to Stablers wife, and he assures her its OK. I know I missed it, but I was going to attend, Bernie begins. Benson dresses up and invites Porter over to her apartment, saying she wants to cook for him after he suggests they go out. Hes my brother, Benson whispers, before Stabler reminds her she doesnt even know the guy.. Before the death of his wife, Elliot Stabler and Olivia Benson opted to keep their relationship platonic and professional. "And what if things work out?" I trusted you. Im not sure I know, Stabler responds. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads. A message from work cuts Bensons Mothers Day plans short, and Benson tells Stabler shell call him since hes familiar with the officer she got the message about. Still trying to seduce him? For 12 seasons, viewers watched Benson and Stabler just be partners on SVU. Near the end of the episode, Stabler actually does just that and acknowledges that he now views the loss of his wife as a permanent ending. Even though Stabler isnt in this episode, hes mentioned multiple times to Benson by various people throughout. During a later private conversation, Benson again mentions Stablers radio silence for three months, and the two briefly catch up. Benson and Stabler share another long stare in the car in what turns out to be their last scene together of the season. Porter believes Benson sent Simon money and is surprised when Benson tells him Simon is her brother. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics". What is the saddest episode of Law and Order SVU? She then abandons the child at the hospital leaving Benson the message. I wish you were there, he says. Did Elliot and Olivia sleep together? During an interview with Seth Meyers in March, Hargitay said she had never seen that scene until that moment during the interview. He then explains how his kids are grown and "have lives of their own. . "Elliot, what's wrong with you?" Fans haven't seen Stabler and Benson share the screen in Season Three of "OC" since the historic "Law & Order" premiere, but that doesn't mean her presence isn't a part of the show. 180,400 - Reviews: 425 - Favs: 130 - Follows: 178 - Updated: 2/19 - Published: 1/26/2021 - E. Stabler, O . Kathy admits Stabler wont sign the divorce papers. Obviously, Detective Benson and Detective Stabler were extremely close when Christopher Meloni was a still a part of the series. Cassidy later returns in the 13th-season finale working undercover for a pimp the SVU detectives are investigating. SVU and OC have to work this case together, and Benson sees Stabler for the first time in months when the teams meet in a warehouse. How Do You Get Rid Of Hiccups In 5 Seconds? '" 4. They are best friends and trust each other completely. The two most important men in Benson's life meet on Mother's Day. During questioning, Benson snaps and hits the suspect before pushing him to the ground and repeatedly kicking him. Stabler returns to making his breakfast and Leonetti reaches out and holds his arm while saying, "Love shouldnt be complicated. His father, Nicolas Amaro Sr. (Armand Assante), was abusive to both his mother and him, and later fled to Miami, Florida. At the conclusion of the season 15 finale, Benson becomes the court-appointed custodial guardian of Noah Porter, an orphaned baby. For 12 years on Law & Order: SVU, fans watched partners Olivia Benson (Mariska Hargitay) and Elliot Stabler (Christopher Meloni) work side-by-side and flirt a bit with a will-they-wont-they relationship. Stabler was cleared. Cragen responds Stabler was cleared only on that one, but now Internal Affairs wants to investigate his entire jacket., Benson continues to defend Stabler and says, Let em. Still haven't recovered from this scene, it's true. After staging a fake fight with Bell, followed by another fake fight with Benson, in the lobby of One Police Plaza where other cops would see, Benson goes to the OC office to debrief with Bell and Stabler. Benson responds, You dont know anything about my feelings for Elliot, and you dont know him.. It takes her another minute. Who else would put up with me?. This episode is most memorable because it was a real breakthrough moment for Mariska Hargitay (Benson). Are Mariska Hargitay and Chris Meloni still friends? Rook threatens to hold the button down longer and double the voltage of the shocks. She starts talking to Lewis about the things she could do to him after everything he did to her. Fans of the hit NBC drama have followed Benson as she gained custody of her son, Noah. Did you really expect me to? Stabler tells Benson he didnt ask her to be here. Stabler later arranges to be in the restroom at the same time as Wheatley, who brings up Angelas testimony and says to Stabler, I was surprised to see Olivia in the gallery. Did Elliot cheat on his wife? Hes like a son to me. Later on at the airport, the suspect, Manuel Rojas (Jose Yenque), realizes Benson is a cop and tells her to come with him or else hell start shooting people. I had kids the old-fashioned way, Stabler says to Benson after she points out how much effort went into getting those embryos made. I like that shirt, she says and explains shes there since she heard about the squabble between Stabler and Blaine. Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. In 2020, Meloni reprised his role as Stabler as the lead of the SVU spinoff, Law & Order: Organized Crime,. I have to work on changing his about that see if I cant make myself No. Stabler goes to New Jersey, where viewers are introduced to his mom, Bernadette Bernie Stabler (Ellen Burstyn), for the first time. Season One of "SVU is laced with incredible Benson and Stabler moments that are still discussed to this day. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. Stabler prepares to enter an extremely dangerous meeting while undercover a meeting that could very easily go south and end in his death. When my partner hangs out with scumbags, I like to stick around, see what happens, Benson says. Maybe two. Mariska Hargitay is happy Olivia Benson and Elliot Stabler never got together romantically Hargitay told Parade in 2019 that if Benson and Stabler ever hooked up, their partnership. "So this is about the death of a loved one?" The rest of the episode is laced with tension between the partners as they work to find their footing again from Benson calling out Stabler's anger management problem to later pointing out when he calls a victim Dani instead of Danielle, to which Stabler responds, Is something bothering you?. And then he delivers a line that continues to haunt fans until this day: I think if I talked to you about how Sadly, Benson cuts him off at this point, so viewers still dont know how Stabler was about to finish that thought. Back off.. In the words of Stabler, Benson continues playing mom for a boy named Calvin (Charlie Tahan) whom she found during a case and took in after his mom disappeared. So he was never given a real exit on the show, just the aftermath of what happened in the series 12 finale. MC Suhocki is a New York City-based senior multiplatform editor for TODAY Digital who joined the team in 2014. Benson promises Stabler shell go with Kathleen and stay with her for as long as shes able to. Benson's empathy juxtaposed with Stabler's blunt nature created two complex characters who worked well together and caused fans to fall in love with their relationship. Don't forget, Gitano is still on the loose, and Stabler and Benson eventually enter a facility without backup in search of Gitano and the remaining missing kid. Did Stabler and Benson ever sleep together? I didnt ask you to, Benson responds. Winters wanted to return to the show for a long time, though, and felt the time was right during the 13th-season finale. What is Chris Meloni salary? Benson realizes Millfields sister was molested as a child, which helps explain her jumpy behavior with Simon on the night of the dance much to her older sisters surprise at realizing the truth. Cue Benson being released to a waiting Stabler, who mortgaged his house to post her bail. Cragen calmly responds, You know me better than that. Noel Fisher Zebras (Law & Order: Special . Thats all, he responds. In this moment, Stabler appears to also be recognizing how her life contrasts with his family-filled life in the suburbs. Did Olivia and Stabler sleep together? The conversation takes even more of a turn after Lewis brings up Bensons father and taunts her to the point that she ends up beating him with the bed pole. Oh, my God, no!" And, for really the first time, Stabler outwardly acknowledges the reasons for his strained relationship with Benson. Theres someone else another woman whos the one true love of his life., He further taunts Angela and says, Every time he was looking into your pretty brown eyes, touching your face or wherever else he was touching you Im willing to wager he was thinking about her.. walked into the screen test, me telling her a story, and we get up onstage in front of all the suits, and were just so engaged.. Benson, whos clearly still struggling with the unexpected return of Stabler after all this time, pulls away and leaves. Stabler comes home one night to see Benson and all his kids. Meanwhile, Stabler and the teams tech guy, Ruben Morales, are in Bensons bedroom so that theyre close enough to get into Porters phone and eventually track him. Olivia Benson/Elliot Stabler; Characters: Olivia Benson; Elliot Stabler; Language: English Stats: Published: 2023-03-03 . Will Hart / NBCU Photo Bank / Getty Images. The person you love, Reggie translates from his mom. He melted down in front of Benson, and it turned out the pair did sleep together when she was just 16 (in case you weren't sure). Theres nobody who knows these characters better than she and I. How much does Christopher Meloni make per episode? In interrogation, Benson attempts to arrest Porter for being an accessory to murder. Melody s golden retriever. Stabler tells Benson that the letter was Kathys idea, and Kathy thought it would be an easier way to start a discussion since the two hadnt seen each other in years. Benson and Stabler have never had a physical affair, but their emotional relationship is an entirely different story. Liv you mean the world to me, he says. Why did Elliot Stabler leave SVU storyline? I couldnt take it.. Benson managed to get Stuckey to drop his guard long enough for Stabler to kick him in the groin, at which point Benson knocked him unconscious. Why was Kathy Stabler murdered? Thank the "Law & Order" gods that Stabler eventually returned 10 years after what many thought was his final scene. One morning, Stabler shows up at Benson's apartment, saying he was "in the neighborhood" and thought he'd give her a ride to work. During the last months of her pregnancy in 2006, Hargitay took maternity leave from SVU, and was temporarily replaced by Connie Nielsen. The decadeslong partnership between "Law & Order: SVU" star Mariska Hargitays Olivia Benson and "Law & Order: Organized Crime" star Christopher Meloni's Elliot Stabler has been deemed by many fans the longest slow burn in television history. By Lillian Brown. Stabler gets caught up in Bensons family life, and Benson gets tangled in his. Benson tells Rollins she talked to Stabler before he went back undercover, and he promised her he didnt know the suspect was being put in witness protection. He requests she call him the next time Simon gets in touch. But this is a one-way street, Elliot. That, said Benson, is technically sexual assault. Stabler goes undercover as an animal smuggler, which means more time away from Kathy and their young son, Eli. Afterward, the two sit awkwardly at a caf until Benson finally breaks the silence and says, Why couldnt Dani cut it? Stabler says Beck couldnt deal with the victims." Jelliot makes an appearance in Spooked when Porter returns since the FBI is interested in Benson and Stablers latest case. Do you want to know my dating history, detective? Benson says with a smirk. He melted down in front of Benson, and it turned out the pair did sleep together when she was just 16 (in case you weren't sure). Its just its just too complicated.. After the conversation, Bernie asks Benson not to tell Stabler she visited his daughter. After the players hidden sexuality unexpectedly becomes the subject of a media leak, Cragen thinks Benson and Stabler are to blame. I'm happy for you. Newsom asks Stabler to share how that happened, to which Stabler responds, "Through neglect on my part fear, selfishness.". Lewis torments Benson throughout the entire premiere episode of Season 15, and moves her to a remote location and cuffs her to a bed. Richard Wheatley becomes the unofficial Benson and Stabler relationship hero among the fans at the end of this episode, when he (basically) makes it canon that Benson is the one true love of Stablers life. In the premiere episode of Season 13, Benson learns the news that Stabler put his papers in from Cragen not from Stabler himself. Benson teams up with Cragen for most of this episode to work the case of a boy whos been missing since 1980. This is arguably *the* episode that changes everything for Benson and Stabler since the contents of the letter are finally revealed and its a doozy. I work here, she says before dropping her bag and taking a seat. She swore to herself that she would never let his murderer, Tracy Monroe, get parole, and became obsessed . Nothing says I love you quite like spilling those three words out in the middle of an intervention with all your kids present, and thats just what Stabler does in episode four of OC. Meloni told TODAY in February that this scene, which he also wrote, was his favorite one hes filmed with Hargitay since his return in April 2021. Then Barba mentions Benson grew up without a father and attempts to equate that with his experience being bullied as a child and how theyll both see Stabler through different prisms. Benson tries to steer the conversation back to her and Barba only, but Barba says Bensons defense of Stabler is out of unconditional love. Do you have any idea how much I worried he preferred spending time with you than with me and the kids? Kathy says. In the end, while Benson watches as Stabler and Calvin play rock, paper, scissors, Child Services arrives and takes Calvin from Benson to bring him to live with his grandparents while his mom goes to rehab. If I heard your voice, I wouldnt have been able to leave., The episode also contains a golden conversation between Stabler and Fin, who briefly fills Elliot in on Bensons life over the past 10 years. Stabler also receives a call from Eli's mom saying her son was missing, which continues the crossover into OC.. And when I said that I love you, I think you Stabler is then cut off by an automated voice telling him to press 1 if hes satisfied with his message, 2 to rerecord and 3 to listen to his message. For an optimal experience visit our site on another browser. Stabler starts working with another detective, Lucius Blaine (Anthony Anderson). Whos the guy?, Fin shoots back, You have to ask her that. (Another conversation fans are still waiting for Benson and Stabler to have: How Benson got Noah, her adopted son. Distance makes the brain dream about your (former) partner. Then Stabler responds, Hey, my friend, Olivia, Id like you and your son, Noah, to come on over to my place this weekend for a family Christmas get-together.. Benson and Stabler Benson and Stabler pair up for the first 12 seasons in the series. Twelve seasons in, this was just the duo's second hug. Then, Stabler transitions to talking about the one other woman who has been such a crucial part of his life for decades. Shes much more than a party planner, Benson says to Stabler. The two walk hand-in-hand, with their fingers laced together, into a swingers club posing as a married couple. The history between the two is "complicated," as Hargitay told TODAY in February. Benson joins the Stabler family in the cemetery after Kathy's death. Then Stabler appears behind Benson in the middle of his partners tough personal and professional decision and says, Well Liv, make a decision. Law & Order: SVU has been teasing a romance between Amanda Rollins and Sonny Carisi for years. Kathy and Elliot Stabler got married at 17 years old and shared five children, but in earlier seasons of Law & Order: SVU, viewers learned that their marriage was less than perfect. Kathleen defies advice to seek psychiatric help and is instead detained. "I dont know. The moment Benson and Stabler first saw each other after 10 years apart. Really? In fact Stabler doesnt appear onscreen again until Meloni returns to the franchise in the Season 22 episode Return of the Prodigal Son 10 years later in 2021. Ive been pushing as hard as I can. At the end of the episode, Benson and Stabler each air out how their initial judgments about the case could've been wrong, effectively seeing the other's point of view. And after seeing Rollins and Carisis momentous smooch, many hope to see them in a relationship next season. He was a detective with the Special Victims Unit partnered with Olivia Benson, reported to Captain Donald Cragen, until his departure in 2011. Leonetti reminded many fans of Benson from her long, dark hair to her fitted blazers. At the age of 16, after having been raped repeatedly by Johnny D., she was sold to Little Tino, and became addicted to crack and heroin. "And the thing is is that I didn't have a right or a claim," she continues. The newborn requires a lot of extra care. Theres nothing to find. Then Cragen stands up and points out it was Stablers sixth shooting and that the whole squad is on notice., So what? Benson says she doesnt need help from them. Benson emphasizes that in her role as a captain, its her job to take care of her people. Did Benson and Stabler ever sleep together? Law & Order: SVU: 10 Saddest Storylines That Had Fans Tearing Up. With tears in her eyes, Benson says, You were the most, single most, important person in my life, and you just disappeared.. While fans were desperate for the partners to hook up (even though Stabler was married) during Meloni's 12 seasons on the show, they never did, with the actor later explaining why he believed the writers never went there. Why would you ask me that? Stabler responds. 4. After the paramedics arrive, Benson ends up climbing back into the car to stabilize Kathys head and neck before the first responders can extract her from the car. A case involving missing fertilized embryos from a cryobank causes Benson to think about her own fertility and eventually leads to Stabler expressing hed support Benson if she wanted to have a child. Come on now, you know thats not true, Benson responds. While neither the actor nor the show revealed why Munch had left SVU, after actor Dann Florek who played Captain Cragen also left the series some months later, it was revealed that the reason behind both actors leaving was the NYPDs real-life mandatory retirement age, which is 63. Benson, clearly caught off guard, emotionally says she needs to think it over and asks if she can get back to him. To this day, fans are still waiting for a discussion between Benson and Stabler about what Lewis did to her while Stabler was gone. Benson picked up on what he was suggesting, asking him if his wife Kathy . Later in the episode, Benson attends a service for Kathy in the cemetery with Stabler and all his children, whom Benson has known since they were young. Maybe I should get him to use that metal bar on you and make you beg for your life," she says. Benson coaxes Simon into sharing his version of events, and its revealed Millfield set Simon up as payback for what happened between Simon and her sister as teenagers (her sister ran away after Simon kissed her, and the Millfields assumed an assault had transpired).