On May 11, Will Sanders met withYancy and Sgt. Jessica's two boys, Tollin, 2, and baby Tyler, are sound asleep in their rooms. With the suicidal text message and Jessica's DNA found on her husband's gun, less than a month after her hospital bed interview, Matthew was verbally cleared by the GBI, according to the chief, and as of June 6, Matthew returned to full duty with a new service weapon on his hip. We had to establish a timeline for when that property was possessed before the marriage or after it. provided images. Her marriage had been crumbling, and she and her husband of six months Matthew Boynton, 20 . Chris DeMarco, GBIs assistant special agent in charge, arrives on the scene and meets with Griffin Police Chief Michael Yates for a briefing. She loved me. Absolutely, Matthew assures the agent. Uh, just my service weapon, he responds. But where's the second round? The glowing yellow and black, blocked letter sign illuminates his truck driving past. They're re slit open while her head flops from side to side on the beige carpet, as one female EMS works on her. He was going to clean his gun and he asked me to go get it for him. He later tells investigators that he heard Tyler crying, and then, POP-POP!. GBI agents, however, have closed her case. SHE WAS NOT SHOT.and do they really think that she would have hit herself hard enough with any object to cause the damage that was done? Her head shaved. His flashlight's beam reveals a smiling family of four. Sanders wants to know how Matthew was texting his mistress from this very phone if he never reentered the apartment. Thank God she fought and he was in there with her. It is unknown what effect his arrest may have on Boyntons criminal cases. He says she started poking him in the chest with her finger, telling him that he had to admit there was another woman. Two shots have been fired from her husbands service weapon. Armed with bodycams attached to their uniforms, the officers burst through the door, quickly passing Matthew's phone, a black and grey Verizon LG smartphone, on the kitchen counter. Her mouth covered with a breathing apparatus and several machines attached to her monitoring her condition. I havent listened to the actual investigation, but I dont believe so, that he gave any explanation that made any sense.. Please wear sturdy shoes. Stay out, Matt, one the officers advises his fellow officer. Geez, im no cop , no investigator and know absolutely nothing on how investigations are even done but if the doctors say she wasnt shot what more do they need..that little punk got away with it.please tell me im missing a story and he has been arrested for the attempted murder of his wife.please.and please tell me that every stupid ass cop that had any involvement with this case is no longer a cop..oh and his Grandpa, well i think he needs a little jail rehabilitation as well..i could go on and on, but obviously they wouldnt understand anyway..what a disgrace to all REAL POLICE OFFICERS, https://the-grip.net/2016/10/18/gbi-completes-boynton-investigation-requested-by-gpd/ this says she was SHOT!!! She rebukes the text message that came from her phone to Matthew's that night and said she didn't have a lock on her phone, so anyone could've sent it. Sanders says there are a few things that really stand out: The red sweatshirt Matthew offered police to test for gunshot residue. She said there were too many errors and discrepancies for her to have sent it. "She's like, 'This is exactly what I need to get my divorce from him.'". Matthew reads a text from Lt. Curtis Keys, look for police car.. Blood pressure.. Both Jessica and Matthew reportedly want a divorce. [I'm] gonna have to kick that door in Jones relays to the other officers standing on the other side of the closet, barreling through it in just two swift and deliberate kicks. Her condition.. The one seen in the police body-cam is not the same gray sweatshirt he was wearing at Walmart earlier that night. "I would say broken, distraught, damaged," the neighbor says. Despite what many think is a smoking gun, the GBI agent asking questions proceeds as if Jessica shot herself. Do you think Matthew did something? he asked her bluntly. "He didn't know if her intent was to kill their child, kill him and then commit suicide," said Sheila. The officer says he left it in the kitchen and ran outside. Jones checks on a locked closet door between the master bedroom and hallway, across from the bathroom. Matthew immediately calls a friend at dispatch. The crying officer tells Jones that he left the apartment and was meeting Guthrie at Waffle House, when he received a text from Jessica that indicated she was going to kill herself. Boynton: Can you please dispatch a unit out to my location, in reference to my wife? "Happy," said the neighbor. The agent asked her if she had ever held her husband's service weapon. It's just one piece of the brand new beginning the young mother and wife has been putting together for her and her sons. The shooting occurred on the evening of April 14, 2016. In fact, 68 text messages are exchanged between him and his mistress. Hahaha you about have me a heart attack freak!! It's possible, but I mean it's very doubtful, because he's never hurt me before. The dining room table along with other items were picked up by Cathy Zellner for Jessica. Matthew Boynton, 21, had just started work as a Griffin police officer. It's possible, but I mean it's very doubtful, because he's never hurt me before. Hewrote a letter to Jessicas attorneyon June 10, in which he questioned the finding that Jessicas head injury was a self-inflicted gunshot wound, indicating that there was no investigation conducted by authorities at the hospital. The subsequent investigation was short-lived, with it having been deemed a "civil matter." They hit the top of the stairs knowing somebody's got a gun. ', Do you know how it was that you got shot?, Have you ever had any type of thoughts about hurting yourself?. She's having suicidal thoughts," he calmly says about Jessica to the dispatcher. In fact she claims Jessica was blissfully stockpiling ammunition to get full custody of their two little boys. He lied about the lock then he says he kept his gun in there hmmm. Keyword: Admitted. Jones approaches Matthew to find out what happened. "The neighbors [said] somewhere around 11 p.m., and he is the only one who hears the gunshots at 1 a.m., and he calls it in," said Sanders. And now Jessica is telling a completely different story. Making his way outside, he calls for assistance over his radio. I finally had the evidence that I needed that Matthew was cheating on me. Matthew sends another text to his girlfriend, a Spalding County dispatcher, Give me a few. EMTs start carrying Jessica down the stairs on a backboard and click her into a gurney and swing open the ambulance doors. She's even fighting with EMS, dude, the fellow officer tells Matthew. I told him, 'You're going to have to go get it, because I can't get it out of the case. A lot," said the neighbor. She told me she loved me right before she did it," Matthew says, sobbing, as the paramedics roll her gurney into the ambulance and slam the doors shut. Her head wound has soaked into the green and white pillow her head is resting onher blood is contained to that one stain and a few nearby drops. The air is thick with the trepidation, as officers approach the locked closet. And, unfortunately it appears those questions will never be answered," Mathews said. Matthew Boynton allegedly deprived ex-wife Jessica Lester of her belongings and lied to the authorities about doing so, Griffin police Lt. Michael Natale said in a statement. After getting Matthew's phone records, Sanders discovers during that same time Matthew was making calls to 911, he was texting his mistress. But long hours on the force took its toll on his marriage. Shame shame. Crime Watch Daily investigates what really happened to Jessica Boynton, something even Jessica herself wants to know. Her marriage had been crumbling, and she and her husband of six months Matthew Boynton, 20 . Earlier that night Jessica's husband Matthew headed to Waffle House for a late-night bite with a fellow officer, leaving his service weapon . said Sheila Mathews. I didn't know if I was dealing with a possible active active scenario where she still had the gun and she had shot Tyler, he replies. He assigns another officer to standby at the door until the rest of the apartment is cleared. Griffin Police Department Officer Matthew Boynton has been arrested and charged with two felonies. It sounded like a gunshot. (South Florida Sun Sentinel/TNS) He's asked me to go get it out before. He's meeting his buddy at the local Waffle House. "I can't do this anymore," the message read. No, never. But asking those questions resulted in a threat. "In looking at this, this does not have the appearance of a suicide to me. I had a friend who was a girl, or is a girl, he answers, further admitting that the relationship had become sexual. Officer Robert Brian Jones is also dispatched to the Ashford Way apartment building. Haha I'm sorry I didn't think about that lol, he sends to her after receiving a text from her after his text from Jessica. provided images. That bullet ends up toward the top left of the closet. Earlier that night Jessica's husband Matthew headed to Waffle House for a late-night bite with a fellow officer, leaving his service. giving him custody, and granting Jessica once-weekly. And I could have been the next target.. Her bright blues eyes glisten as they well with emotion. The quiet is broken when the baby begins to mumble from the other room. "My wound was on the top of my head. I mean, I'm sure there's a plausible explanation to it without trying to come up with some sort of, you know, theory that, 'Oh, he has to be here in the kitchen answering these text messages.'". Even though doctors were able to save her life, they couldn't save her from what was about to happen to her familylosing custody of her children. Sheila Mathews publishes The Grip, an independent newspaper in Griffin. Those properties obtained during the marriage would be considered community property.. The shooting occurred on the evening of April 14, 2016. Everything, he says, led to him wanting out of the marriage. "Very explicit conversation," said the neighbor. She's like a sister to me, Browning says, her voice quivering. An officer tries to console his grieving coworker. To stage a suicide," said the neighbor. The chain of custody on that stuff is messed up. It's the second infidelity in their relationshipJessica admitted to cheating on him before they were married. No bullet entered her body anywhere. She wants to give her new employers the right impression, since tomorrow is her first day at a chiropractor's office. His phone was given to someone else at Griffin PD, they put the phone in the thing because they knew GBI wanted it, and that's where we're gonna be while he was taken to the police department. "Another reasonable explanation is that there was a fight over the gun and during the course of that she was injured, Matthew thought she was dead and put the gun underneath.". Published: 7/28/2017 6:16:14 PM. Jones removes the gun, which has a tactical flashlight attached to the bottom of its barrel, and places it on the kitchen counter and heads outside. That bastard is so guilty every time they show the door knob and any badge that doesnt know that shouldnt have one. I can't even get it out of its case, she replied. And Sanders was beyond fascinated by this one. And they said yes. She grabs his arm with her left hand, while her other arm falls to the ground. Lt. Curtis Keys is dispatched to the scene. I didn't try to wash my hands, anything, because I knew GSR and all that would be involved.. Video shot outside in the parking lot shows Jessica getting in a black truck with Matthew and the kids, then leaving. In fact he's collected almost every piece of evidence from the case. "It was determined that he knowingly provided a false statement relating to the property in question and his possession of (it)," Natale said in a release .l Center. nd police notify Jessica's family that she has died. Then he hits investigators with a jaw-dropper. Five days after his wife was shot, Matthew talked with the GBI again. They hoist her inside. According to a press release issued by the Griffin Police Department, Boynton was on Friday arrested without incident and transported to the Spalding County Jail. They did not swab me or Matthew, nor did they take his clothes," said Jessica. Despite their problems, Matthew tells investigators he still loved Jessica and the boys, and he offers an explanation for why he didn't run in the apartment that terrible night to save them. "Really somebody just needs to look at it, somebody of great knowledge of things like this, and then let them tell me what they think," said Jessica Boynton. And, she said, she wouldn't have told him that she loved him. It doesn't sound like anything I would say. The notification was made following an April 15, 2016, shooting incident - ruled by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation to be a suicide attempt - at the home of Jessica Boynton and her now-estranged husband, Griffin Police Department Officer Matthew Boynton. UPDATE: This story was originally published in November 2016. But it's what those body cameras don't record that's raising eyebrows. Hike also includes a rare chance to tour inside the old powerhouse which provides great photo opportunities of the Towaliga River.