In individual cases, extensions may be offered to take into consideration factors such as the buyer's location, the shipping service used, whether tracking is available to show the status of a shipment, a seller's extended return window, or other circumstances such as fraud, Extensions may be offered to buyers and sellers in particular locations to take into consideration delays due to circumstances such as natural disaster, national emergency, labor strike or governmental act. There's very little you can do, I've sold items as 'for parts or not working' before and had them returned after the buyer had failed a repair and made the item unrepairable. This is a good option for low-value items. Select the applicable selling categories. Buyers and sellers may agree to another solution, such as a full or partial refund while the buyer keeps the item, or a replacement item instead of a refund. I had a return request today for a shirt brand new with tags and the reason for the return request was does not fit. I was surprised they were even allowed to request a return since I specifically specified returns werent accepted. If we're asked to step in and help, we may ask the buyer to return the item to you. Ebay has a 30 day money back guarantee that is available on most all items sold here. For example, if an item arrived with a minor scratch,but the buyer is happy to keep it. eBay may automatically accept a return from a buyer on your behalf if an eBay shipping label is available, and the request was made within the return window permitted by your policy. If we don't see any indication that the item is on its way after 15 business days, we may close the return and protect you from negative feedback. They want to be like Amazon and just deal with wholesalers that import from overseas or high margin manufacturers that can sustain returns. As you may already know or will find out after watching this video that it simply doesnt matter. If the buyer is responsible, choose your return address from the dropdown menu. However, if an item arrives damaged, doesn't match the listing description, or if the buyer receives the wrong item, you'll generally need to accept the return. eBay's policy simply states, " If it's faulty, damaged, or doesn't match the description, you'll have to accept their return". eBay closes the case. The seller claims the item is not compatible with his mobile device. When listing an item, it's important to includeyour return address. Also a seller you are always going to have bad buyers here and there, its. Send the buyer a message If you have any questions regarding the buyer's request, you can contact them directly. This is a good option for low-value items. If you don't refund the buyer within 2 business days of receiving the item, we may automatically issue a refund to them on your behalf. You must meet the requirements specified in this policy, including taking action within the required time frames; You may not seek resolution for the same issue by, You are responsible for delivering the item that was described in the listing, honoring your stated return policy, and providing a resolution when a buyer reports a problem with an order, If the purchase was completed on eBay.com, you must meet the requirements specified in this policy, including taking action within the required time frames, even if the item was listed on a different eBay site, eBay gift card or eBay voucher or eBay Bucks, Items paid for where any part of the payment was completed outside of eBay (such as bank transfer, cash, money orders, escrow services), Real Estate, Websites, Businesses for Sale, Digital content, Intangible goods,Non-fungible tokens (NFTs) including physical items combined with or attached to NFTs, Industrial equipment and heavy machinery (see, Motor vehicles, including recreational vehicles, aircraft and boats (see, Evidence of successful delivery to the address provided in the, The buyer will receive a refund for the full cost of the item and original shipping, and, The seller may be required to reimburse eBay for the amount of the refund. Returns cannot be closed at the request of a seller. Im on the phone with eBay seeing what if any options I have. You are not eligible for any fee credits when you deduct from the buyer's refund because they returned the item used or damaged. If we determine that the buyer did not meet their return requirements, the buyer may not receive a full refund for the item and/or for original or return shipping costs. We described it as having a crack up top, the photos show it with a crack up top, and the buyer asked to return it because it has a crack up top. If you are a buyer, please check the currency conversion policy imposed by your credit card issuer, bank, or payment service provider for information about conversion rates applied to refunds denominated in foreign currency. if (document.mmm_fo) document.write ("&mmm_fo=1"); Select your reason for the return. Enter the amount you wish to offer the buyer. Anyway, I dont accept returns but the buyer requested a return or partial refund. You have the option of entering your reason for declining the request, but it will not be visible to the buyer. If the seller ignores the return request I know that in some cases ebay will refund on their behalf without requiring a return. The above applies whether or not a seller accepts returns. Open a Disput. When returning an item, it's the buyer's responsibility to ensure that it's packed properly and protected during shipping. The return is treated as if the item didn't match the listing. If an item is returned used or damaged, it may be appropriate to issue a partial refund to the buyer. You can also open your Returns dashboard and select View return details from beside the case. If you don't respond to the return request, we may refund the buyer and seek reimbursement from you, without requiring the buyer to send . '&charset='+document.charset : (document.characterSet ? We'll then ask the buyer to ship the item back to you: Once the return is accepted, we'll provide the buyer with a date by which they should ship the item back to you. Eligible sellers may be able to deduct an amount from the refund if an item is returned used or damaged (see Partial refund guidelines below). The itemwas collected by a third party on behalf of the buyer, Withdrawal of the items in your Collection when stored in the eBay vault. Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type. This feature may not be used to recoup market losses on items returned in the same conditionor to recoup return shipping and restocking fees. Select. var m3_u = (location.protocol=='https:'? You can also find more information in our full article below. When tracking shows the item was delivered/collected before the estimated delivery date, When tracking shows the item was delivered/collected after the estimated delivery date, When no tracking information is available. No returns means that when a buyer files an item not described, and the seller refuses the return, the buyer gets refunded AND gets to keep the item. I denied the request, now Im pretty much waiting for negative feedback :(. Send the buyer a message If you have any questions regarding the buyer's request, you can contact them directly. There are strong indicators that the item is counterfeit, The item arrived after the latest estimated delivery date. Withdrawals may be covered separately by the eBay vault. I have a chrome plugin that replaces buyer with seller and seller with buyer. For example, you may haveopted to automatically accept return requests. If reimbursement is unsuccessful, we reserve the right to seek reimbursement through other means. Extortion is now excusable as long as buyer mails you back anything including a brick. Need to report a problem or not sure about the next steps? Eligible for coverage, when paid via eBay checkout: Additional exclusions and special coverage, including items with limited coverage. I waited a week and called eBay to close the request as obviously the buyer is ignoring it and my money is on hold and was told that they would step in and make a decision. Offer a replacement or exchange: You may offer a replacement (another of the same item) or exchange (a different, but similar item) instead of a return. i probably get osmo pocket instead." It's really gotten to the point of embarrassing on their part and they don't even realize it (or just don't care). Copyright 1995-2023 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Carefully check the returned item before giving the refund. To offer a replacement or alternate item: How to give a partial refund when the item is returned in a different condition. The only difference between a seller whose policy is No Returns and a seller who accepts returns is who pays for the return shipping. Give a full refund The buyer will receive a full refund. Buyers can find estimated delivery information in their Purchase history. If eBay determines that a buyer is entitled to a refund under this policy and issues a refund to the buyer on the seller's behalf, eBay may seek reimbursement from the seller by invoice, or by collecting the amount of the reimbursement from the seller as described in the Payments Terms of Use - opens in new window or tab. You are not alone. If they've opened the return for another reason, for instance if they ordered the wrong item or changed their mind, then you aren't required to accept the return however, where possible we always suggest providing a great customer experience. Now I just have to hope he actually sends back the keyboard instead of bricks. One of the foundations of the eBay experience is the level of trust between all members of the eBay community. If you don't respond to the return request, we may refund the buyer and seek reimbursement from you, without requiring the buyer to send the item back. See Partial refund guidelines. Classic Ebay sneak move. You can also find more information in our full article below. Traditional APIs: Orders, resolutions and feedback, eBay APIs: Talk to your fellow developers, RESTful Sell APIs: Account, Inventory, Catalog and Compliance, RESTful Sell APIs: Marketing, Analytics, Metadata, Post Order APIs - Inquiry, Case Management, How to handle a return request as a seller, Video: how eBay return policies work for you, Video: growing your business with returns, Seller Protections are in place for those impacted by winter weather, eBay Motors announces the eBay Guaranteed Fit Program, Seller Protections for the South and Central US, 7 Questions with Stephanie Garcia of MamaBreaks, Seller Protections for shipping delays due to winter storms and flooding, 7 Questions with Gerron Moore of Big Dreams, IRS announces delay in new $600 1099-K tax reporting threshold, Seller Protections are in place for sellers impacted by Winter Storm Elliott, 7 Questions with Camilla and Khang of TheFIResellers, USPS decreased rates for Priority Mail labels effective December 9, 2022, In Celebration of Sellers and Small Business, URGENTjoin our grassroots campaign to raise the new IRS tax reporting threshold, 7 Questions with Alex Carrera of Save A Suit, FedEx Home Delivery Rates Decrease Effective November 8, 2022, Shipping labels update for Authenticity Guarantee-eligible sneakers. If the item is returned used or damaged, you may qualify to give the buyer a partial refund. eBay may automatically accept a return from a buyer on your behalf if an eBay postage label is available. If the item is returned used or damaged, you will no longer be able to issue a refund to the buyer even if you qualify to issue partial refunds under our seller protections. Its visible in my pictures even though I didnt see it nor did the buyer. Extremely frustrating. That decision is for him to be allowed to return it. if (document.referrer) document.write ("&referer=" + escape(document.referrer)); The buyer returned the item used or damaged. Start a return. This can be useful when the buyer ordered the wrong thing by accidentfor example, the wrong color or sizeand you'd like to offer them a gesture of goodwill. My post was to the OP, not you. If the item doesn't arrive at the address provided by the buyer at checkout or isn't made available for collection, the buyer is entitled to a full refund, including original shipping costs (if applicable).