The Henry Lever Action Axe .410 features a unique "axe handle" grip and an overall length of 26.4-inches, which classifies it as a non-NFA firearm. Henry .410 Axe $ 580.00 Additional Specifications Barrel Length 15.14 Barrel Type Round Blued Steel Rate of Twist N/A Overall Length 26.4 Weight 5.75 lbs. If you are the type who doesnt take every gun purchase seriously, then the Henry Axe .410 might just be for you. Henry didnt sacrifice any quality control to make the Axe. (Photo: Kristin Alberts/Guns.com). Manufacturer: Henry Repeating Arms Model: The Axe (H018AH-410) Action: Lever-Action Non-NFA Firearm Caliber: .410 Bore, 2" Shells Only Finish: Blued Steel Barrel, Magazine and Receiver. The .45 LC I have to push a little harder to get it in the chamber. Please try a new zip code and search again. This information is not shared with 3rd parties beyond our marketing efforts. Not just a standard fun gun, but an exceptionally fun gun. The Axe shares a similar form factor to our Mares Leg with some added features for more versatility.. Thats assuming its safe to do so with a high enough berm, and you aim low. It would make squirrel and rabbit hunting a bit more challenging since the gun lacks a proper stock. Details of the Henry Lever Action Axe .410 include an engraving of Henrys logo on the bottom of the genuine American walnut grip, a side loading gate, a brass bead front sight, and a threaded barrel for invector chokes. If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. It is only to provide you with normal web site functionality. Like most Henry guns, its a lever-action model, this one with a side loading gate. If you want a .410 on the smaller side for a saddle gun or on the ATV, especially without having to wade through the AOW nonsense, look into a Mossberg 505 youth sized shotgun. HATSAN OPTIMA SINGLE BARREL 410G 26in Call for Price Read more. Shooting from the hip like Im Chuck Connors is a blast. The hammer is easy to cock as well as decock manually. Not my cup. The Henry Axe has a 15-inch barrel and a 26.4-inch overall length. I think it is entirely worth the price you pay when you get the reliability, ease of use, and overall joy that comes with this gun. That means the Axe eats up recoil like a champ. The 15-inch barrel and .410 chambering, which provides similar energy at the muzzle to the .45 ACP,. Henry H018AH-410 Axe Gun #: 915904114 Seller: Jays Guns and Accessories GA Sales: 11342 $1,089.99 Full Details More from this Seller 6 Image (s) Henry Axe 410 Steel Gun #: 954624734 Seller: Legendary Guns GA Sales: 4485 $1,049.00 Full Details More from this Seller 8 Image (s) Henry Axe 410 Brass Gun #: 925396547 Seller: Legendary Guns Advanced . Get one as Ya won't be sorry that ya did.. Looks like fun, can you put a slug through it? Would this be you go to or back up home defense gun? It's intended for instinctive shooting from the hip (just like the afore mentioned "Rifleman" movies). The manual specifically says that slugs are not recommended so I abstained in that regard, although I suspect with the proper slug and choke combo it would work fine. Simply being fun to pull out of the scabbard and shoot again and again should be a category all its own. Reliability has been a non-issue. Whether for target shooting, range plinking or utility as a self-defense . Live Chat 24/7 Customer Support | After paying your Password is the password to access. Firearms dont get much more iconic than John Moses Brownings legendary Auto-5 semi-auto shotgun, affectionately called the Humpback for its distinctive drop at the rear of the receiver. Notable accessories include scabbards and a long list of chokes. Im guessing the short 2.5 inch shells help in this regard. Buy Henry Axe 410: GunBroker is the largest seller of Lever Action Shotguns Shotguns Guns & Firearms All: 974086822. This includes sling Henry Axe in 410 with Blued Steel receiver 15.14" barrel, 5rd capacity. Henry keeps the gun simple and original as far as lever-action designs go. Please enable Preference & Functionality Cookies first so that we can save your preferences! Our Mares Leg lever action pistols have been a popular choice among shooting sports enthusiasts for many years now, mainly because theyre so fun to shoot and the fact that they look like they came right out of a Western movie, said Anthony Imperato, President and owner of Henry Repeating Arms. Dont mistake it for anything else and youll love the looks, quality, and reliability. Receiver Finish Polished Brass Rear Sight None Front Sight Brass Bead Scopeability Drilled and Tapped Scope Mount Type Weaver 63B Stock Material American Walnut Buttplate/Pad None They will let us know how many pages you have visited, and provide other functions required to use the site. Recoil is mild and the gun doesnt buck, jump, shuck or jive when shooting it. Weight:5.75 pounds Its better to lower the gun a bit, work the action, and continue to shoot. If you get a chance, at least ask to see it in the gun store and work that action a few times. The new Henry non-NFA lever action .410 shotgun looks awesome. I do want to mention the reloading aspect of this gun. Thanks! Auction (5) Long before I got to hold this gun in my hands I dreaded the feeling of that giant looking cut-down grip. The axe handle pistol grip gives the firearm its name and is engraved on the bottom with the iconic Henry Cowboy logo for that unmistakable touch of Henry class. Hand-Picked Daily GUN DEALS, and Exclusive Coupons Codes >>>. The Henry Axe 410 is a beautiful gun, with a stacked door and five-round capacity for 2 1/2 shells. Guaranteed not legal in NSW. It seems like useful advances in firearm technology have reached a lull, and so instead we keep getting these gimmicky toys whose major characteristic is taking something easy and making it difficult. Embellishments/Extras:Swivel Studs. So I am happy that your all having fun with your Henry. You have to learn how to balance the bead, and itll take some practice in getting level enough to make it work. Important: If mailing to street address, use complete street names. When you shoot this gun you cant help dump the whole magazine because it is so much fun. This information is not shared with 3rd parties beyond our marketing efforts. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. The new Henry Lever Action Axe is a .410 has an overall length of 26 inches and has a barrel length of just 16 inches. The overall length is 26.4 inches, and the gun weighs a hefty 5.75 pounds. Unlike many other lever actions out there, this one comes paired with not just a loading gate but also with a removable tube magazine, much like an old 22 I had when I was little. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. We also learned that shooting from the hip with accuracy is not as easy as it appears. Combined with buckshot loads it's quite viable for that purpose. Id look only the find a light/laser for it if I could, that would clamp to the mag tube if possible, load it with Federal 2.5 OO buck and never look back. K-Mart Classics: Remingtons Nylon Rimfires Engineered To Last. The chest-level or compressed ready position described by Kenn is smart and practical, especially when moving. Even Henry lists the primary use of the gun as a plinker and for target shooting. Old soul, certified gunsmith, published author, avid firearm history learner, and appreciator of old and unique guns. Like the Shockwave Raptor grip, its more horizontal than vertical, and this adds the necessary length to keep things at a compact and reasonable 26.4 inches. 2022 Shooters Delight Pty Ltd | ABN 29 603 288 722Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Site by GO Creative. All Rights Reserved, Henry Debuts Lever Action Axe .410 non-NFA Firearm. Henry M-LOK Handguard (Black) $169.00 Choose Options Henry Centerfire Lever-Action Butt Stock Takedown Screws $40.00 Choose Options Henry Lever Action .410 Series IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF THE HENRY REPEATING ARMS COMPANY TEL. The only issue with the action is, without the (stockless) gun being braced into your shoulder, it can be a bit awkward to work at eye level. The adjustable sights make it easy to regulate patterns with a variety of birdshot and slugs to handle anything from small game birds such as partridge and pigeons through cottontails to fox and coyotes, varmints and pest control. $969.99 $849.99. The Henry Lever Action Axe is a reliable gun and built to last. Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy. Classic Browning Light Twelve Auto-5 Review: Busting Clays With the Old Humpback Shotgun. Henry Repeating Arms has a super convenient side of their website in which they sell Parts & Accessories for the Axe amongst other firearm accessories and swag. This fresh take gives us a much more versatile non-NFA firearm to enjoy. The sound. Hes a lifelong shooter who just happened to be mediocre enough with a gun and a keyboard to combine the two and write. The Axe has the same 5-round capacity of 2-1/2 in shells as its larger Lever Action .410 Shotgun counterparts, but the addition of a loading gate means that you can keep that capacity topped off at all times without needing to remove a tube magazine. maybe Ill get some ammo before this year is up. I've seen some reasonable metrics quoted but it really doesn't have a reputation for delivering on that promise. your thuttythutty no cycle good. Cookie information is stored in your browser and performs functions such as recognising you when you return to our website and helping our team to understand which sections of the website you find most interesting and useful. Can you shoot .45 Long Colt out of this thing? The gun gets its name, of course, from its axe handle-style pistol grip. The blued steel receiver is both practical and attractive theres also a transfer bar safety. Type your email address and well send These cookies allow us to share your visiting habits to our 3rd parties for marketing purposes. I think it has to do with the ergonomics mostly. Call us on (07) 3841 1881, or complete the form below, and well let you know when we can have this product back in stock for you. Well, admittedly, the usefulness of the weapon is limited. Its is quite easy to blast a man-sized target with a blast of buckshot from 15 yards and still score perfect headshots. Its better than it needs to be on a gun like this. So there is a pseudo justification for a intermediate weapon in those calibers. Every friend and family member whos gotten their hands on it has agreed. I knocked off one star for the awkward feeling of trying to work the lever while the gun is at eye level. My favorite go to woods gun. Smith & Wesson Model 586: Reviewing A .357 Revolver With Class. The Henry .410 Axe gets its moniker from the ax-handle style pistol grip which is engraved with the company's Cowboy logo. Type your new password and hit button below to confirm it. If this was a defensive weapon, Id have an issue with this. Like the stellar fit and finish and attention to detail, the Axe includes sweet details like the engraved throwback Henry Cowboy logo on the ax handle pistol grip that gives the gun its name. This compact stature opens the possibilities of where the Axe can be stored and used. Really nice actually! The Henry Lever Action Axe .410 features a unique axe handle grip and an overall length of 26.4-inches, which classifies it as a non-NFA firearm.