This is the same idea. But theres something about a lever gun, and not just its low-key nature either. Made with USA 6061 T3 billet aircraft aluminum, Secured by six (6) 1/6 in. Sights: Fully adjustable folding rear and ramp with ivory bead front sight. Pure personal preference. The only things I would change would be the make the magazine tube threads be interrupted so I dont have to unscrew the whole thing to take down the rifle. The gun weighs in under 8 pounds, too. That order was placed by Great Britain and the guns were issued to gunners who used the levers to shoot hydrogen gas-filled German zeppelins. Personally, I take a minimalist approach for a few reasons, primarily because I cant afford all that stuff! And Taylors is keeping the originals alive and kicking. If you are looking for authenticity and functionalityhistory you can shoot without ruining the valuethis is a great place to start. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. You directed me to have Randy from Globber Sports in Carrollton, Kentucky e-mail you his FFL and you would assist him on getting one for me. Conversely, maybe they have enough advantages for us to revisit them for defensive purposes. AR15.COM is the world's largest firearm community and is a gathering place for firearm enthusiasts of all types. This gun has a basic, clean design with no engraving or checkering (personally, I like it this way). I love semi-autos of all sorts. Multiple mags make it easy to switch out. And I can put down some effective groups with the iron sights. Apparently, it was needed in World War I so it could be loaded with incendiary ammunition to target airships. We've developed the Henry Long Ranger to stretch the envelope in a design that takes the hunt to the fur in popular calibers at longer distances. (42) $27.95 New. Henry .22 LR 8rd Mag HS-15 US Survival Rifle 8 Round Factory Magazine. Henry is producing their shotgun with either a blued steel or brass frame and in 12 and 20-gauge as well as. Detachable magazines can become damaged or lost, but the tubular magazine is not likely to suffer such maladies. Side ejection port. Both powder columns are short and efficient. You cant even tell anything happened. the Pedersoli Boarbuster, Henry All Weather .45-70, or Marlin Dark Series 1895? Although you do lose the length of pull adjustability. faster reloads, the potential use of an optic, etc.) $ 36.69 If you have an 1873 Army and a 1873 rifle, both in .357, then you dont have to overthink ammo. $49.95. The Henry Long Ranger Lever-Action Rifle greatly extends the effective range of traditional lever guns by using a 6-lug rotating bolt head, a box magazine, and side ejection port that readily accommodates modern, high-pressure cartridges. Disclaimer. Cystic Fibrosis Charity Round-Up; Join The Grabagun Freedom Team Enter your email to join the team and subscribe to GrabAGun's newsletter. The slowdowns, though, havent changed anything about the way Taylors responds to their customers. Mossberg released their Tactical 464 SPX several years ago. $ 59.95 View. Thank you again Anthony for all you did to make this happen !!!! The Long Ranger's magazine fits flush into the bottom of the action. The capacity isnt what youd get from a 30 round AR magazine, but it isnt likely to upset the sensibilities of many Californian politicians, either. Theres a depth to the finish that is both protective and hypnotic. At 5.8 pounds pull, the trigger was OK. A lever gun says, Hey, Im just a reasonable guy trying to defend my family.. We intend to update it as often as possible. Second, Id like to say that I will get my 4th Henry in a heartbeat: the moment you make a 20ga shotgun that will hold five or so rounds in the tube. The sights that came on it are just superb. Re: Henry Long Ranger .338 Fed. As I see it (though Im biased), the question isnt whether you couldor evenshouldbuild a tactical lever action, its a question ofhow soon can you do it? The HenryUSA.com website uses cookies so that we can provide you with the best user experience possible. The 6.5 Creedmoor, the world's most . After all, it is the gun that the cowboys used, and is very unlikely to cause terror in the local populace if seen. If put to the test, I doubt the 6.5 would be an improvement until you get past 300 yards. That felt recoil isnt problematic, though. Girard and the rest of the crew at Taylors are facing the same difficulties many importers and manufacturers are because of the pandemic. Versatility is a huge aspect to consider when purchasing a new firearm for hunting, and the Henry Long Ranger in .308 is about as versatile as it gets. Below well lay out some options. All reviews were excellent, including accuracy at longer ranges (technically "mid-range" to long range enthusiasts). By . In case it is of interest Lucky13 makes a 10 round mag for the BLR. If so, is it for pistol caliber or rifle caliber? Does the weapon have an integral rail, e.g. I have never really noticed recoil reduction before on pistol caliber rifles or even while suppressing a 12ga shotgun or rifle in either 5.56 or .308. The Spaghetti Westerns gave these rifles and revolvers their complicated history back while continuing to elevate their mythical status. If you want versatility, pick one of the three models they offer with irons. to the upper portion of a BLR or BAR magazine to make their own large/extended mags, but that's the absolute only thing I've ever seen or heard of for the BLR. Im not a gunsmith, but Ive spent my fair share of time with YouTube videos and replacement parts trying to keep some high-mileage Ubertis on the range. While the historicity may be harder to see in some of the contemporary homages, it is still there. Thanks. But do you see something that the Marlin does that the Mossberg cant? As of this writing, these are made for .22 Henry lever guns only. google lucky13. . Shop Henry Repeating Arms Henry Magazine Long Ranger .223 5rd | Be The First To Review Henry Repeating Arms Henry Magazine Long Ranger .223 5rd + Free Shipping over $49. I own an AR15 and do not like that anywhere near as much as my Henry. How to Fix It. Long Ranger Magazine Specifications . To me, Henry rifles are poetry in motion, and almost mystical. If you think that lever-action sitting in your safe is only good for a lazy walk in the woods, guess again. This allows the Long Ranger to compete with the accuracy of a bolt action while providing much faster follow-up shots thanks to the detachable box magazine. First, consider the following questions: Initially designed for Henry Repeating Arms rifles and carbines, this is a lightweight low profile direct mount for H006 and H012 rifles using factory mounting holes for several brands of red dot sights (see below). Henry uses a 20 round barrel on the Long Ranger. A machined and chromed steel bolt with a 6-lug rotary head is driven into a rear extension of the barrel for a strong and consistent lock-up from shot to shot to shot. With this, I can hunt, survive, or just have fun. They are all proudly made in Rice Lake, WI and carried by many of the employees into the deer woods every season. by .45colt Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:54 pm. shayneslov@att.net. It would be easy to make set-about guns (the kids you like to look at), and it would be equally easy to cater to the SASS crowd onlybut Taylors also sells to customers like me. Winchester and Colt. Henry Long Ranger, Henry Repeating Arms Long Ranger 308 Rifle Review, See a full review of the Long Ranger on Range365.com, Henry owners have my personal guarantee to make certain that they are 100% satisfied with their purchase of our rifles. I would also like a Magpul SGA-style stock rather than the old-timey stock it has now. Allen drive set screws. The Long Ranger is a nice departure from the typ Sign up and get exclusive access to promotions, sales events, pre-order sales & more! You can unsubscribe at any time and we do not share or sell your information, ever. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/432086/blr_mag_jpg-1089644.JPG. Its also at least apartiallyaccurate term. For accuracy's sake, the barrel is free-floated. The one exception in all the reviews was the heavy trigger pull. We had a great opening weekend of gun season in Indiana and I put a nice 8-pointer on the ground with my Henry .308 rifle. You should expect to receive some discount from our M.S.R. Capable of shooting long-range cartridges, such as the 6.5 Creedmoor, since it feeds off a removable box magazine. On the secondary market, a lever-action might set us back a couple hundred bucks, if that. If meat preservation is of the utmost importance to you, levers are probably not going to be your thing for deer. If youre used to cross-bolt safeties dont worry, it doesnt take too much time to become accustomed to a tang safety. Glock 26 Vs. 2023 Henry RAC Holding Corp. All Rights Reserved. We'll advise which specific contributors in the text of the article. Just a quarter circle turn and out it comes. Mr. Imperato, I have had my Henry Long Ranger .243 for 3 weeks. Henry Long Ranger 4 Round Magazine 243 Win. If you want a polished, almost glass-like blue, you have to sand down the surface. Brand New. Like our other centerfires, the Long Ranger carries on the in-hammer sliding transfer bar as a safety, instead of a manual safety button or slider that can be hard to operate with gloves. Unscrew the magazine tube until it is free and then pull it out about half an inch. These Cookies should be enabled to allow us to enhance your experience of HenryUSA.com. I think the potential is real. That, then, leads us back to the far more common debate about the relative value and quality of pretty much all opticsalmost any of which will be superior to a typical lever guns buckhorn style, ghost ring, or peep sight arrangement. $ 36.69 More : Replacement/spare magazines for Henry Long Ranger Series Rifles in .223 Rem, .243 Win and .308 Win. Eventually, 32-gauge shotshell was available by special order. I doubt most of the humans alive saw it then, but the year changed the course of history. my thoughts exactly. Description. Henry Magazine Long Ranger 6.5cm 4rd H1465MAG. Save big on a new henry long ranger. The information collected is anonymous and only helps us improve our site, and your experience. It is advertised at 10 rounds. It would be a tragic error to discount their efficacy when your life or the lives of your loved ones are on the line. Good Afternoon, Wanted to send you a picture of my wife, Jacqueline, first buck. We want to ensure that making a return is as easy and hassle-free as possible! I have seen it measured between 5.5lbs all the way up to a high of 7.25lbs. Please enable Preference & Functionality Cookies first so that we can save your preferences! This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again. Ill leave that one hanging. All-steel construction; holds 4 rounds of .308 Winchester ammunition. Henry Long Ranger Spare Magazines. This gun is stunning. Henry Long Ranger Spare Magazines. henry long ranger extended magazine 10 round; henry long ranger extended magazine 10 round. I picked it yesterday and I couldnt be any happier. Henry Repeating Arms Co. AR-7 Magazine .22 LR 8 Ro Henry Repeating Arms Long Ranger Magazine .243 Winchester 4 Rounds Black. Henry Repeating Arms Long Ranger Magazine .308 Winchester 4 Rounds Black Henry Repeating Arms Long Ranger Magazine .308 Win. mossberg 590m for sale. You can unsubscribe at any time and we do not share or sell your information, ever. The Long Ranger is a lever-action, detachable magazine-fed rifle chambered in .308 Win, 6.5 Creedmoor, and .223 Rem. As you can see, the 45 Colt rim is only 0. . Theyre adjustable for elevation, in that old-fashioned way, and windage is left to guesswork. Walnut is one of the best options for woods that show wearit may ding and scratch, but each mark will add to the guns character. That is not a lot of rounds (as if you needed me to point that out to you). Thank you for making such a fine American Rifle. Gun City is NZ's largest firearms dealer. ar 7 survival rifle. The manufacturer advises that no drilling and tapping is required. With side ejection and a lightweight aerospace alloy receiver, the top is drilled and tapped for scope mounts, and the bottom features a steel-bodied flush-fit detachable magazine (5-round capacity in .223, 4-round in .243,.308, and 6.5 Creedmoor) with a steel floorplate and a blackened steel release button on the right side of the receiver. These werent the first pistol caliber carbines, but they were solid examples, and remain so today. But the low-key perception people so often have of a lever gun can definitely be an advantage. The .30-30 Winchester is far and wide the most popular game-getter in these parts where many deer are taken in the woods where shots dont typically stretch for hundreds of yards. The following sections will all be works in progress. We didnt pick the Long Ranger name out of a hat; if you need a tight-shooter thatll reach out there, this rifle delivers. It also isnt known for its super-long-range reliability. Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. Shouldering the gun securely will only get you so far. Most of them, anyhow (more on that in a moment). Dont make the mistake of dismissing the lever-action rifle for personal defense. Then we tackled the rear of the handguard and how it interfaces with the 1892 barrel end cap. I have seen it measured between 5.5lbs all the way up to a high of 7.25lbs. Since I will be exclusively shooting this with a red dot, I was fine with losing my front sight. I hunt in Arkansas. I wanted to know if Taylors was increasing their imports and expanding their lines to meet the new crush of demand for lever-actions. Theres a reason why cowboys wore hats with wide brims. If youre not so sure of the chambering, Winchester also offers it in 45-70 Govtwhich just might be my favorite lever cartridge in existence. Henry Repeating Arms Long Ranger Magazine .223 Rem Henry Repeating Arms Long Ranger Magazine 6.5 Creedmoor 4 Rounds Black. Deal with civil unrest? 19022 CZ 527 25MOA Picatinny Rail (19022) The extended adapter easily converts the 16mm dovetail to a Picatinny style base. Everyone had one to defend their home and land. Other favored rounds include the .44 and .357 Magnum. Rifle Scope Mounts (H001,H002, H003,H004,H005,H006/H012 Series) . The little rifle is fairly maneuverable in hallways and such. Shop Henry Repeating Arms Henry Magazine Long Ranger .308 4rd | 5 Star Rating on 1 Review for Henry Repeating Arms Henry Magazine Long Ranger .308 4rd + Free Shipping over $49. Would I feel confident taking on a home invader (or more than one) with a lever-action carbine? The trigger has a clean break and fairly short reset. All Henry Repeating Arms Co Magazines Reviews, Henry U.S. By replacing some springs and polishing parts, Taylors takes these working reproductions and creates fine-tuned rifles and pistols that are far more reliable. I got the call from him last Wednesday saying it was in. Whether its quail, squirrel, or elk Henry now has a firearm that will take on just about any season you choose. While customer demand has been strong enough for the models Henry built their reputation on to keep themselves plenty busy at all of their facilities, they've taken on other market segments with the expansion . How? If your revolver was chambered in .45 Colt, your rifle could be, too. The hammer can be lowered onto a live round slowly to make the gun marginally more safe. For our review, I chose the .308 model because I love that round, and I had . Accurate? This is the Best-In-Class lever gun that leaves many bolt actions in the dust. This is a well-made, quality lever-action rifle thats proven itself to be reliable and accurate. Get 10% Off - Subscribe to Our Email List, Toll-Free: +1-800-504-5897 Replacement/spare magazines for Henry Long Ranger Series Rifles in .223 Rem, .243 Win and .308 Win. Henry spins the old lever-action in a new direction with a detachable, vertical-stack magazine, a laminated stock, a black anodized aluminum receiver and a 16.5-inch blued barrel that has no sights. I shot this nice buck first day out. And that, in a roundabout way, is where Taylors & Company come in. I am looking into hopefully purchasing the Long Ranger in 223. Henry Repeating Arms' Long Ranger is a lever gun but one capable of firing 6.5 Creedmoor, .223, .243, .308 and .338 rounds. This information is not shared with 3rd parties beyond our marketing efforts. I need to start by saying THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU !!!!!! I had Keith cut open the first MLOK slot on the bottom of the handguard near the muzzle so I can lift the locking lever of the magazine tube and remove it to take down the rifle. Our sample possessed a folding rear sight and ramped front sight with a 0.062 ivory bead for quick acquisition, however, Henry also offers the rifle without sights. This is a take down lever action rifle with short optic rail. You dont need to buy additional magazines, which can be costly. At first glance, the Long Ranger may seem like your typical, traditional lever action rifle with its forged steel lever and exposed hammer, but theres a lot more going here once you take a look inside the receiver. The reason Im naming the Skinner scope specifically is that the owner of the company, Andy Larsson, is well-versed in lever-actions. Stock: Straight grip checkered American Walnut with buttpad. AR trumps shotgun, shotguns are better than bolts, and so on. Note for the purists: Is this the best option for a tactical lever-action rifle or lever action for home defense? I had planned on putting a scope on it. It was designed by John Browning and manufactured by Winchester Repeating Arms Company (of course). It includes swivel studs . They will let us know how many pages you have visited, and provide other functions required to use the site. The Long Ranger has a lever-action, but a modern 6-lugged rotating bolt for a tight lockup. You can find out more about which cookies we are using or switch them off in settings. Beautifull workmanship, great trigger action, very smooth shooting and really nice wood. Weight is 6 pounds. BLR magazine. All of this adds up to fast follow-up shots. Ballistically the 45-90 Win is the perfect round for hunting large game. These cookies allow us to share your visiting habits to our 3rd parties for marketing purposes. Theres a historical quality to this rifle, but this Taylors 1873 Checkered Straight Stock Rifle ishands downthe most handsome rifle Ive ever had the pleasure of reviewing, and it is built to be used, too. Make no mistake, if you want, you can spend several months wages on a lever gun. One of the easiest ways to think about the Long Rangers operation is to think of it as a lever operated bolt action. Well we removed them and inserted longer set screws. I was really impressed by your 30 minute response time back to me. taurus 1911 commander for sale. The case hardening is likely to be the first thing youll notice. I wasnt worried about recoil, but shall we say curious. Its a pleasure to shoot that cannon. For a brush-gun, nothing beats the speed of good iron sights. There is a permeating belief in the gun world that certain firearm platforms are superior to others. (2) $49.72 New. Ruger American Predator: A Surgical Tack-Driver! Fax: +1-866-534-3097 Weve received more than one email here at TML asking our opinions about optics for a lever action. Also, one-handed carry would be reduced, since the balance point of the rifle is right underneath the magazine. We did not mount a scope on our Long Ranger, choosing instead to shoot with the open sights. The following overview is to help you make an informed decision about your particular choice of lever gun. Thats another advantage. The original Winchester Model 1886 didnt have this feature but it only makes sense that its been added to the modern-day model. A couple of notes. I already have a 12ga break-action Winchester 37, and with all due respect to break-actions, I just dont like the single-shot guns. I would have access to a couple of storesbut hardly the selection. Henry The Long Ranger Rifle -Recognizing that the lever action is more than ever alive and well on the hunt, and that many customers need more distance, we’ve developed the Henry Long Ranger in .223 Remington, .243 Winchester and .308 Winchester – stretching the envelope in a design that takes the hunt to the fur in popular calibers at longer distances. Id like to congratulate you on the design of that rifle, and in particular the recoil pad. . Certain states or locales make it very difficult to own semi-autos and other exotic firearms (Im using exotic there the same way a defense attorney might use military-grade). Tubular magazine capacity is 8 rounds. With the rotating bolt locking into the barrel . This trim rifle comes in at 7 pounds, an easy addition for treks across the backcountry. These are well-made platforms and can in fact be run quickly and accurately in practiced hands. 16 Jun June 16, 2022. henry long ranger extended magazine 10 round. 2023 GunMag Warehouse. If you learn to shoot like some of the old codgers that rule the SASS matches, it would be a very capable caliber. 15 models TRYBE Defense AR-15 Extended Grasp 10-Round Magazine (4) . You can do it with the Midwest Industries Marlin MLOK handguard, one of the Henry X lever guns, a Henry Long Ranger, even a Mares Leg though like the Tac-14 vs. a Remington 870 its not going to be as effective as a Henry Big Boy X Model or Big Boy Steel Side Gate. The Long Ranger line, though, changed the game for Henry. . Almost all of their guns are tube-fed and highly traditional in their design. 2023 Henry RAC Holding Corp. All Rights Reserved. Realistically, how many targets might I need to engage in a short time? Sure you could get the right set of rings and scope but the Marlin 336 allows you to attach any optic of your choosing. We have the largest range of guns, ammo . From hunters and military members, to competition shooters and general firearm enthusiasts, we welcome anyone who values and respects the way of the firearm. These cookies allow us to share your visiting habits to our 3rd parties for marketing purposes. Perhapsjust maybethey still have something to offer to the masses. Feedback. Similar to the traditional Henry lever guns, the Long Ranger employs the well proven in-hammer sliding transfer bar as a safety. Instead of a tubular magazine, the Long Ranger has a detachable . Achieving a uniform finish to the steel underneath requires more effort. Subscribe to. If you are going to spend your money on a Henry, I can assure you that we will do whatever it takes to make sure that you are happy that you bought a Henry. - Anthony Imperato. Add to that: An extended magazine will not work in that lever gun due to the lever hitting any extension of the mag. From coyote to whitetail to bear, the new Long Ranger is a logical evolution in lever action technology as Americas contribution to classic firearms design, and it has you covered from hardwood forest to sagebrush flat in a trim, quick handling, and dependable 7-pound rifle youll be happy to reach for as you head out the door. That limits the number of rounds that can be avaliable for that rifle to have ready in case of a need. Im going to use the wordtacticalin that title and in some of these parts and after-market accessories below out of simple pragmatism. The 18 barrel sounds long, but the whole package is extremely compact. There are models out there that are sufficiently fancy to drain your account faster than Bernie Sanders would love to. I couldnt simply thread the barrel since the muzzle in flush with the magazine tube. When you pull the trigger, the rifle will fire. I even felt bad shooting them. Consider where you are now. $ 36.69. The old lever action is pretty socially acceptable. There has not until recently been a way to accessorize one that works well. The Long Ranger offers the look and feel of a traditional American lever-action, though its design is . Girard wouldnt talk about whats coming but hinted at the fact that there are definitely big plans for Taylors future. I acquired the help of my friend Keith and his machine shop. Next up was to thread the barrel. Henry Repeating Arms Long Ranger Magazine .243 Win Henry Repeating Arms Long Ranger Magazine .308 Winchester 4 Rounds Black. The Taylors Alaskan Takedown, Girard said, shows Taylors dedication to quality and functionalitywith only an homage to the history. We're taking a look at the 5. Without going painstakingly into the ballistics, it will throw 150 and 170-grain factory projectiles out to around 200 yards (give or take) effectively enough to put a deer down.