The Hawk's Nest tower, where John B falls in the fifth episode, is the Palmetto Park Island Observation Tower. Not a 6+ family reunion show. I mean, theres no way its a hundred. He listened for five seconds, rolled his eyes, then hung up without speaking again. Once people start to sampleother stations they go back and forth between the twoand then pretty soon theyre sticking withthat new station. This is also the former home of 1930's "Dracula" star Bela Lugosi. Some of the more outstanding press we got for our events definitely happened because of Craig. The third result is Johnny Joseph Dore age 70s . They have also lived in Aurora, CO and Forest Ranch, CA. 1 station in Kansas, notesa media observer. Type Craig Glazer into the The Kansas City Stars database, and the newspaper returns 360 articles from 1993 through 2011. He had an amazing talent of convincing people and making them laugh. After some chitchat with Vatterott, Dare brought Glazer into the conversation. Johnny Dare's. Dont tease Hearne! A few years later, Stanfords Comedy Club which Stan had opened at a different Westport address and still owned closed, and Glazer moved it back above the original Stanford and Sons. And we always do Mix 93.3, Q104 and Alice 102. Whats she up to now? T is a dick, get him the fuck out. Seriously, you dont think that Mike Murphy and the KY gang had any half share bumps during their long goodbyes? My dad was about to give the Stanford and Sons restaurant to my brother, Jeff, and I came back to help run it.. Johnny tried to get involved with running it, which led to a million arguments. We have a director: Robert Lorenz, whos been first assistant director to Clint Eastwood on a bunch of his movies. He believes that such a movie would corroborate his long-held core belief: that he is a legendary rogue who deserves to be more famous. Links: en.wikipedia.org, nypost.com, www.the-sun.com, pagesix.com, www.mirror.co.uk, www.dailymail.co.uk. Connies sister was married to this Mexican guy. A lot of it is the changing musical tastes and habits of the demographic and does the schtick get old. I think its fair to say I have the most recognizable voice in the city, Glazer said one Wednesday morning about a month ago. 50% are in their 40s, while the average age is 50. You gotta be kidding me. The year was 1994, and with four years of on-air experience under her belt . Personally, I like Jeremy Renner for the part. Lever's wealth comes from his successful career in Bollywood and from other sources such as property investments and business ventures. In a 1981 Kansas City Times editorial, Arthur Brisbane criticized Glazers sting tales: However entertaining this Robin Hood movie might be, though, it might be a better idea to make a movie about Glazers exploits after the Robin Hood period. He said, I know you. Ive been listening to mountaindriveradio.com for bit. He has accumulated this amount with his talks in the radio stations. So you would have people believe the stations overall rankings have slipped this badly yet theyre still kicking you-know-what in a given demo? The DSS crew put together a killer Halloween yard display at Johnny Dare's house in October 2014. Creepy old guys, ugh. I happen to look good in a cheerleader skirt and I dont work for Entercom. Ketia Daniel, founder of BHM Cleaning Co., is BestReviews cleaning expert. He left. We don't know the exact reason behind this, but maybe this is associated with his personal life and the search of the perfect lady in his life. I cant be the only one, right? I covered radio and television and print media for the Kansas City Star for 16 years and reported on ratings, format and personnel changes you name it. The second best result is Johnny D Dare age 50s in Helendale, CA. Though Johnny is most popular for anchoring a Kansas City-based radio show named "The Johnny Dare Morning Show," this amusement personality also hosted the television series "Full Throttle Saloon." Glazer grew up here, attending Shawnee Mission East High School. Sometimes five minutes pass before he attempts to circle back to his original point. Im not a close friend although I have had the pleasure to see him interact with his family and complete strangers, and he treats all with nothing but respect. (Stan called Craig Larry Lardbutt as a child and referred to Jeff as Little Hitler.). (This part of the story checks out; Glazer worked under Kansas Attorney General Vern Miller, who at the time was ramping up drug busts to build his rsum before a run for governor.) Our wealth data indicates income average is $65k. A DVD of Champions Forever, a boxing documentary that he produced after being released from prison in the 1980s, sat on his mantel. 1998 - 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. | All Rights Reserved. There has to be a slew of people beside myself who bought cars with pre-installed satellite radios, or had them added after-market, who have no idea who Dare even is. The guy next to me plays an FM clock radio by his desk, and surfs the crap stations on the dial. They dont get along. I would like to be around to see what kind of change that will be. He got the OK. Been around him first hand several times, mostly in personal settings, and have had nothing but pleasant experiences. What a Rack on that Freakin Broad! Theyd heard about Glazers exploits in Arizona and wanted his help as an undercover narcotics agent. In 2004, as Stanford and Sons faced a lawsuit from its Westport landlord, the Glazer brothers and Dare opened a hard-rock-and-barbecue club together in the space. Doesnt sound washed up to me. but this made me laugh out loud. But by 1994, he had begun to import a bit of Hollywood to KC. I mean, X105.1 FMcame out of nowhere without any advertising or promotion and its got a 3.1 share to The Rocks 3.5 share. He is host of The Johnny Dare Morning Show the morning show for 98.9 The Rock in Mission, Kansas. Thats your speed. Part of Audacy. When I do its to Moose or Nivens. Its an honor to make you chuckle out loud, Paul. He held up one index finger and cocked his ear. I stopped listening because every day they talked about the same topic- whether they meant to or not. Learn How rich is He in this year and how He spends money? Thursdays we used to do Channel 5 TV, but they canceled that show [KCTVs Better Kansas City]. It would be hard to find someone like Connie again. I stopped listening to the rock at least 5 years ago. Talk is the enemy of music, Todd. Glazer got off with three years probation, a $5,000 fine and three months at a halfway house. The dance-club version of Stanford and Sons had begun attracting local star athletes, and now the comedy club was booking national celebrities. Hope for the Holidays, Bikers for Babies and all the other things he does show his true character. We can also see his collection of expensive bikes and the rides he goes with his squad. This is not a question of sour grapes, these ratings are measured by an independent, highly respected media company. At Arizona State University, he met Woodbeck and embarked on a life of crime. He put together a treatment for his life story he was 28 at the time and fired it off to hundreds of Hollywood agents. He wrote that he was unable to explain why anyone would chew them up. He is one of the station's more prominent figures, and hosts the station's annual concert festival, Rockfest, which has grown to become the biggest one-day concert event in the country. I first crossed paths with Craig sometime in the early 80s, said Sal Manna, a former journalist who later co-wrote The King of Sting. He was trying to be a Hollywood player, is how Id describe Craig in those years. I have to seat the late-show crowd now, Glazer told the woman. I ran in house advertising for several years for a KC based NYSE member firm with 30 brach offices in six midwestern states. Dare has done a pretty good job of it but based upon the numbers, his and the stations string appears to be running out. The phone rang, and Craig Glazer stubbed out a Marlboro Ultra Light in the ashtray on his desk. Sure, he can be involved in events and put on a nice guy act but he is apparently really hard to get along with and treats people poorly behind closed doors. Total douche bag for no reason. Do Not Miss:Dawn Staley Husband, Partner, Lesbian, Parents, Salary, As there are no sources to prove that he is married, maybe he is in search of the perfect future wife. Glazer: Have the Royals Given Up? Example-Chad Kroeger of Nickleback. Get the latest from The Pitch delivered directly to your inbox. I do know this much, those demo breakdowns are both weak and suspect. Vatterott said he wanted to make fun of Matthew Mancow Muller, the Kansas City-born, Chicago-based morning DJ syndicated in some small U.S. markets. Everybody falls from the top perch especially in Kansas City. , 4 The People: KCIs new terminal is a reality, Book details Untold Story of Hyatt Skywalk collapse, Tom Sizemore, Saving Private Ryan actor, dies at, Meeting gets heated over River Market apartment project, Woman dies days after hit-and-run crash in KC, Chase Elliott to miss NASCAR race due to leg injury, District reflects on Olathe East shooting one year, More from FOX 4 Kansas City WDAF-TV | News, Weather, Sports, Richmond fire that killed three ruled an accident, Repair plan for closed KCK bridges to be discussed, How to get an earnings tax refund from KCMO, KCPD officers shot in standoff released from hospital, Demolition begins this summer at old KCI terminals, New grocery store taking over old Hy-Vee in Northland, This SNL cast member cant wait for Kelce to host, Where to get a Yuengling beer in Kansas City, KC Police Board remembers fallen KCPD officer, K9, KC needs volunteers for Big 12 Championships, events, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Apparently you stopped listening a long time ago. 3. He has been engaged a couple of times but married only once. If you go into a bar that has TouchTunes, you will find that very few people are playing just one genre of music. Posted on October 18, 2022 by Hearne Christopher Jr. Once upon a time, the Johnny Dare / Murphy Wells radio show was born. Hurt Locker? And by the way, the fact that The Rock had a half share uptick in October is pretty much meaningless in the big picture scheme of things. Those of you that bash him obviously dont know anything about him. So that is what I plan on doing'. At the end of the night, you end up with one or two of them. KANSAS CITY, Mo. Times change and people either change with them or get left behind. This isnt simply a Johnny Dare story. He doesnt even like it when people mention him. Vatterott suggested that he talk about bad morning DJs in general. Johnny Dare, a popular radio host at 98.9 the Rock, thanked fans for their support Friday as he deals with a medical issues. I just backed off. Because youre trying to demean Rick Schroder., Its always big me, little you with him [Glazer], Dare told his audience. FOX 4 Kansas City WDAF-TV | News, Weather, Sports. It passed in that building. And its like, Yeah, we love Johnny, but he talks too much. . Enjoy some of their best bits, parody songs, and recent interviews below. This helped to increase the number of followers and made him more popular. P.S. A line of guests for the 9:45 show had formed near the entrance to the theater, and Glazer spent the next 10 minutes assigning them to their seats. In 1984, Glazer was busted for money laundering. (Comedian Brian Dunkleman, of American Idol fame, was working the theater, about 10 feet from Glazers office.) His friendly dachshund, Junior, was resting beside him. He was really going for it. I left town in the early 70s and didnt return until the early double-aughts, whereupon I immediately bought a new car. Gil and I assume thats your real name and I applaud you for that but this dismay real name too, and if youre telling me JD has never wronged another human being and you worked with him for any length of time at all, I have one thing to say to you: He could not have been more mean spirited and abusive to Murphy Wells and these other people weighing in are not missing the mark. He has ripped them many times, but when he interviews him, hes sucking a hard on. Johnny Dare reminds me if David Lee Roth, 60 years old and still trying to pick up 18 year olds. To learn more about ChatGPT and how we can inspire students, we sat down with BestReviews book expert, Ciera Pasturel. Johnnys numbers while down arent as bad as you make them out. Glazers younger brother, Jeff Glazer, opened the door, and the laughter of the Friday-night club crowd flowed in. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Copyright 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. Or that they can mix up some of the other artists songs as well? Used copies are plentiful on Amazon for $0.01, plus shipping and handling.). Bad form to speculate about someone elses salary when you couldnt possibly have a clue what it is. What do you think of Jeremy Renner? It was just disappointment after disappointment, Glazer said. The men parted company last year because, according to Christopher, He writes really long and he would get up at the crack of dawn and furiously type up a column. There were women everywhere. We interviewed our tech expert, Jaime Vazquez, to learn more about accessible smart home devices. Oddly enough, the Fox is starting to play alot of the bands that used to be 98.9s territory. After completing his graduation, he joined the radio station as a host. Dare also hosts the station's Rockfest. Now, as he enters his twilight years hes 60 it has become his dominating passion. You know, would a friend say that he hopes your movie never gets made?. The more you break them down, the iffier they get. So, other than the occasional late Saturday afternoon/early evening listening to Prairie Home Companion or The Fish Fry, I havent listened to terrestrial radio, much less the DJ youre talking about. Johnny Dare is a very well-known personality who is quite famous for his radio talk shows. They busted a couple of low-level dealers that had sold me a couple of bags over time. if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'wikinetworth_com-banner-1','ezslot_7',174,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-wikinetworth_com-banner-1-0');if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'wikinetworth_com-banner-1','ezslot_8',174,'0','1'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-wikinetworth_com-banner-1-0_1');.banner-1-multi-174{border:none!important;display:block!important;float:none!important;line-height:0;margin-bottom:15px!important;margin-left:auto!important;margin-right:auto!important;margin-top:15px!important;max-width:100%!important;min-height:250px;min-width:250px;padding:0;text-align:center!important}, Johnnybeing the dog lover, posted a picture of his dog LuLu (Photo: Instagram) if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'wikinetworth_com-large-leaderboard-2','ezslot_9',175,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-wikinetworth_com-large-leaderboard-2-0');if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'wikinetworth_com-large-leaderboard-2','ezslot_10',175,'0','1'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-wikinetworth_com-large-leaderboard-2-0_1');.large-leaderboard-2-multi-175{border:none!important;display:block!important;float:none!important;line-height:0;margin-bottom:15px!important;margin-left:auto!important;margin-right:auto!important;margin-top:15px!important;max-width:100%!important;min-height:250px;min-width:250px;padding:0;text-align:center!important}. I just couldnt listen for much at a time. And I have continued to a far lesser extent to follow local media online and for local publications I have and or am writing for. Howeverthe biggest part of a stations revenue comes from ad agency buys generally 90 percent with the exception of new talk radio., Everybody becomes Mike Murphy eventually, says the source, referring to the former Kansas City radio legend whos ratings steadily declined before his show was cancelled. Hmmmadd technology in there, as well. There hasnt been a good radio station in the Kansas City area since the Booth family sold 105.9 The Lazer KLZR back in 1998. SoHave to agree with Admin on this one. I got so much publicity for that story. Before starting his anchoring career with Kansa City's KQRC-FM station, Dare served for nation music station named KBEQ. Stick to tranny sex Tony. Hes a regular around local TV stations, too. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. You never know what might happen when Johnny, Jake, Gregg, Kyle, and Nycki fire-up weekdays from 6 till 10am. Loved Johnnys feel good stories and some of the funny stuff but understand the talk too much critique. She invites their family over one day, and all of a sudden theres 20 Mexican kids running around here in my living room. For a few years after his 1990 return to Kansas City, Glazer kept an apartment in Los Angeles. You wouldnt be satisfied with Miss Universe. The FCC rejected Entercom's contention that, because KQRC generally enjoys high ratings, "the contemporary community standards of the Kansas City listening community are such that the material is not patently offensive."