Your email address will not be published. Zara is similar although its more modern sounding than your other daughters names. After proving himself to be a cunning chief of rabbits, he gained the honorary suffix 'Rah' (Hazel-Rah). Or if your favorite singer is Taylor Swift, you might choose the middle name Taylor (or you could be really adventurous and make Swift your daughters middle name)! My name is Kara, so I vote that haha. This is evident in the character of Carmen in the novella and opera, who is a free spirit who dances to her own tune and doesn't let anyone else dictate her life. Im the only one whos name isnt sarah here. One of mine is called Bethe Arian (which means silver birch) and I think of it as being the same as names like Sarah Jane or Mary Beth. Check out these related baby name lists for even more options: Social Security Administration. Verywell Family's content is for informational and educational purposes only. We get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. Therefore, I was looking for a name with a positive meaning. Use of this site is subject to our terms of use and privacy policy. Since Sarah is a two-syllable name, either a short or long middle name can work well. Meaning: from Hadria. You could choose from Sarah Rose, Sarah Anne, Sarah Marie, Sarah Grace, Sarah Jane, Sarah Gray, Sarah Jaymes, and so on! Airy 34. If you want to choose a more modern middle name for Sarah, there are plenty of great options to choose from. There are different variations of the name Sarah, like Sarai, Sara, and Saraha. 70+ Nicknames for Adam (Cute, Funny and Unique). clear Sarah is a name that stands the test of time, every bit as much of a classic as Katherine and Elizabeth. Consider the following: Sadie Sally Sarai Seira Selah Serena Shiloh Middle Names for Sarah Since the name Sarah is uncomplicated and short, it pairs well with a wide range of others. By the way my mom calls me Sarah Beara boo. Don't use nicknames as a tool to hurt others. You wont believe these 99 retro-cool, hipster vintage boy names! So when the new school year started, I decided to go by an actual Sarah nickname. Sarah is not a bad name.I have a friend called Sarah Note that once you confirm, this action cannot be undone. However, where did the word Sarah come from? In classical mythology, Coraor Korewas a euphemistic name of Persephone, goddess of fertility and the underworld. Sarah is a popular name among girls, according to the Social Security Administration, and will be the 87th most prevalent in 2020. Answer (1 of 7): Let me first clarify a significant important idea most of you might not be familiar with that most western names related to biblical origin (George - Mark - Mathews .etc) are originally Semitic Aramaic and Hebrew yet mostly Aramaic but not western. Im Elise, here to help you find the perfect name for your new pet, a character, an event or whatever else you happen to be naming! Group Owners uphold the core values of the brand by reporting content that violates the community guidelines. I like that name, spelt Kirra. I have always loved this name so once I found out I was having a little girl I knew right away her name would be Sarah and I added the h to it to give it a little bit of a twist, I pick out her name sarah ellen may bc sarah is my great grandmas name and its also my middle name so its been passed down the line plus ive always loved the name sarah and ellen was my grandma s middle name and my moms middle name too so and may is her dads moms middle name and i liked it and it goes so good together and i think its a really pretty name, I believe our names affect our personalities. How to Choose the Best Middle Name for Sarah, When To Change Bottle Nipple Flow Size? ago Nicknames are usually short and informal, which people use for other people. While the names listed above are just a few of my personal favorites that go well with Abigail, this is by no means an exhaustive list. Popularity: 233. An "Ugliest" is 100% relative and subjective term. They can be used as a term of endearment or to show affection. Sarah in many other languages is known as Sara. This is still the most popular variation of the name Sarah. Sarah Arabella. While she's now known . Maggie - Many a Maggie is a Margaret, including Dame Maggie Smith. Create an account or log in to participate. my name is sarah and alot of my friends call me Sarebear (like Carebear)! Here are some famous people named Sarah: Funny Nicknames For Sarah Sarah Connor Sarah Munchkin Sarah Beara Boo Syrup Soso Sarahnator Sarahtron HAHA Saracha Sarena Sarita Saroo Sare Bear Sarina Why Is Sally A Nickname For Sarah? Magic Baby Names is a unique search site with 113,586 names collected from 3,820,012 family trees, containing 188,618,592 people. Saira 52. Click the next to a name to add it to your favorites. Does it elicit feelings of happiness and completion? This could be a beautiful way to honor the world around you. Sally is a common diminutive for Sarah. Sarah Garone, NDTR, is a freelance health and wellness writer who runs a food blog. Both one and two-syllable middle names can make great double names for Sarah. Stephany. Sven. It also carries similar biblical significance to that of Sarah, the wife of Abraham and the woman who laughed at . Sarah, originally spelled Sarai, was the wife of Abraham (also known as the father of many nations) in the Bible. Sarah in Hebrew roughly translates to woman of significance, and is closer to the word or designation Princess. is a unique search site with 113,586 names collected from 3,820,012 family trees, containing 188,618,592 people. As far back as 1900, it ranked No. I have three Daughters, first one is 5 years old, second one is 2 years old and third one is 5months old.When I pregnant my third one I dont know how Im gonna call her,on my due date I give birth at home,when the ambulance came I go to the hospital the nurse said whats the baby name I said I dont know yet,so when I call my husband I said how you gonna call the baby he said I dont know I asked my first daughter she said ok wait Mom let me think after 5 minutes she said call her Sarah im so surprised now thats her favorite sister.Im so blessedwith 3 blessings Daughter. If you feel a message or content violates these standards and would like to request its removal please submit the following information and our moderating team will respond shortly. Ask anyone named Sarah what their name means and youll likely get an enthusiastic response: Princess! The name Sarah is indeed often translated as princessthough Sarah's more literal meaning in Hebrew and Persian is woman of high rank. You may also see the name Sarah interpreted as noblewoman, lady, or happy.. Then youre onto something! Lastly, an important factor to consider is cadence! The quintessential boy next door name of the United States, Matthew is a friendly moniker with endless potential. Popular Baby Names. Hallie - Once a nickname for Harriet, today Hallie bridges those old-school names and favorites like Hailey. It's taken from the old German name Hrodebert. Origin: Hebrew. Graceful Indian choice that may sound feminine to the Western ear but is in fact the name of a male god. Roses Only uses a number of different domain names like Sarah's Flowers or Meg's Flowers, that have a local town description and a number, but no shop front. Saidee 36. Sarah is one of those names that are pronounced differently depending on where the particular sarah is from. This could be a great way to pay tribute to someone you admire. Its perfect for me because it feels sort of country-like and I live in a somewhat rural area in the Mid-Atlantic (I like to consider my state to be in the north-eastern region, because I love New England, but what the heck) region of the U.S. And I act like a country girl, too (even though I lived in a suburban neighborhood just across town from where I live now until I was 10). Cute nickies out here for Sarahs, my mom calls me Sally Sally Duff???? This is significant, because Sarah was the mother of one nation, while Abraham was the father of many nations. Some fun and trendy names perfect for Sarah are Harper, Riley, or Quinn. Love Clara, but Emma's middle is Claire. Stephy. My lucky rat tail! Is there a special place that is meaningful to your family? We figured that would seem odd? I choose Hannah becauae it is a bible name. Sarah has always been a popular name among Jews, but it was adopted by the French in the Middle Ages. Matthew Name Meaning. however, ive always been saraiah elizabeth suh rai ah | elizabeth . A couple others: Iner for Ina and Zelmer for Zelma. But the name also has a deeper meaning, as it represents a strong and passionate woman. Do yourself a favor starting out have a unique enough author name to stand out online, and make sure no one confuses you with a more famous person. I just like to keep it simple. The first name Sarah was given to a child in February 16th, 1812, according to the Social Security Administrations birth record database. My mom uses Sare-Bear for me quite a bit. Names with same popularity as Stella >> Sounds similar to Stella. But the English actor makes the case for using just Maggie, as many parents have already done. Are there any nicknames that arent on my list that should be? March 3, 2023, 9:25 AM. You are a great manager and you know how to relate to others on a personal level. Required fields are marked *. Amber: a character in the video game "Genshin Impact." Amber Atkins: a character in the 1999 American film "Drop Dead Gorgeous." Amber Millington: a character from the American tv show "House of . when it comes to being friendly.LOL Sarah btw if u have a friend called Sara u better value her coz she is a gift to ue. For those of us who dont have a musical background, cadence is simply the flow or rhythm of a set of sounds or words. Real . Play Slow The Barack Obamas use it as the nickname for their younger daughter, whose proper name is Natasha. It's a variation on the name, albeit a less popular one, though still keeping a solid spot in the top 500 baby girl name lists. The Social Security Administration has reported 1,084,506 babies born in the United States with the first name Sarah between 1880 and 2019. You could choose from Sarah Rose, Sarah Anne, Sarah Marie, Sarah Grace, Sarah Jane, Sarah Gray, Sarah Jaymes, and so on! There's nothing to say they have to have 1-word names, although I think most sylvari NPCs do, or they have a name and a title. (& Why You Should). We strive to provide you with a high quality community experience. My parents called me Sara Beara and Sar_E_Bear, my middle name is Elizabeth. If you like Sarah as a middle name, you might want to look at a middle name for Sadie. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Welcome to findperfectnames.com, a resource to help you find the perfect name. We have listed cute, funny, creative, and short nicknames for Sarah in the order of popularity. But you don't need to trawl through long lists of baby names any more! Are you looking for a nickname for Sarah? Hannah name remind me of when Hannah in the bible could not have a child, and she prayed to God and than Hannah was no longer barren, she had a child and give the child to God. Magic Baby Names uses the family trees from Family Echo to learn which names often appear together. Similar in popularity to Sarah Hailey Sadie Lucy Mila Stella Madelyn Hazel Arianna Kennedy Eleanor Names with same popularity as Sarah >> Sounds similar to Sarah Saryna Sarra Sariann Sarese Sarah Michelle Sarene Sarha Saraly Sarita Sarina Names that sound similar to Sarah >> Same meaning as Sarah Sara Sallie Same length as Sarah Sumer Sokie Ashra The most appropriate middle name for Sarah is the one that blends nicely with her first and last names. I think its usually a nickname for Charlotte or Loretta, but I think it can stand on its own. Samara is a city in western Russia, a winged seed like the whirlygigs that fall from maple trees, as well as a bona fide first name that could make a more unusual update on Samantha or Mara. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. It is a Jewish term that may be translated as noblewoman or princess. Here are the most popular Sarah nicknames: Find More Nicknames:100+ Fantastic Nicknames For Girls (With Meanings). Sarabel 43. Some funny and unconventional nicknames for Sarah are: Sarah is such a sweet and pretty name, so heres a list of cute nicknames for people named Sarah: The name Sarah stands for strength and high standards, so it goes that the nicknames should also match that sort of a personality. For example, Sarah Ann. Variations: Candice, Candis, Candyce, Kandace. She was the wife of Abraham, the father of Judaism, and is herself considered the matriarch of the Jewish faith. AllNaturalMothering.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Name Noodle is a reader-supported site. Sara has been a recognizable name for centuries but has never reached the same peak as many of its counterparts. She was the 12-year-old daughter of Joel before the Cordyceps brain infection outbreak. With a total of 28,486 infants born in 1982, the first name Sarah was the most commonly used. The best Sarah nicknames are short, simple, catchy, and creative. I think both are acceptable, but I prefer Nora. Naming a baby can feel like a big responsibility, but it can also be a precious and special opportunity to bestow a meaningful and unique identity on your little girl. Sarah is undoubtedly a classic girls' name, a favorite from the Bible. Find inspiration in these baby girl name lists featuring the name Sarah. Highlighted are the variations of Sarah in other languages around the world. The French version is Noemie, in Italian Noemi. So now, at school (and only at school) I go by Sally (except for my friends who knew me as Sarah). If like me you had no clue that Sally was a common diminutive for Sarah you would not be alone. Origin: Latin. Janie - This nickname feels little more mischievous than buttoned-up Jane. Id say possibly the easiest female name to pull nicknames out of is Elizabeth since its such a long name with so many established nicknames already made out of it Beth, Bessie, and Liz to name a few. And, like we already mentioned, this name has a lot of references in pop culture. Sara Lee 53. Nicknames for Sarah include Sar, Sare, and Sadie. My sister is a Sarah, and she's told me before she wishes it were just spelled Sara. I think Clara would sound nice with sibling names! If your aunt is named Sarah, or your name is Sarah and you are about to be an aunt, then you are in luck! If your family has mixed backgrounds and cultures, you could choose a popular movie name that honors your heritage. A popular writer once told me that most author names are between three and six syllables. Shay 48. Well I had a friend in primary school whose name was Sarah and I liked it ever since. Best of luck and do let us know what you decide! There are so many names to choose from, and you want to find the perfect one for your little Sarah. It's still in use today as some parents tiring of Rachel and Rebecca are giving Ruth a second thought. DAISY. I think that if you have no qualms with popularity in a name it's an excellent choice, and to go for it! She has quite a temper. But it's been used so widely for so long you may be seeking a substitute. Sarah is a girl's name with Hebrew origins meaning "princess.". Current US popularity rank: #134. Hey, Im not rlly gonna be helpful cos Im just here to find a good nn for me, but mf calls me Sazzy and Sassy (cos I am) and my mum calls me SarahGrace cos Grace is my middle name yeah. This name features throughout history including within the Jewish Bible. Click here to see the most unique and stylish names for your little man. FallCat . Syllable Balance Since Sarah is a two-syllable name, either a short or long middle name can work well. Religious folks love her Biblical ties, as Sarah was the wife of Abraham and mother of Isaac in the holy book. Because of this, it is a symbolic name given to girls on Shavuot when the story of Ruth is read in the synagogue. Sarah is an Old Testament/Biblical name, Abraham's wife and the matriarch of the Jewish people. A lot of the nicknames start with an S and sound a lot like the first part of the name Sara the sar portion. Today, Sarah continues to sit relatively high on baby name charts. Some characters have funny names because they are from a foreign country or culture. Sarah is an appropriate name for people who are bubbly, charming, and are tenacious. Her descendants through Isaac became the Hebrew people. Clara sounds the same but is pretty different than Sara. A Group Leader is a What to Expect community member who has been selected by our staff to help maintain a positive, supportive tone within a group. Its important to select a name that you feel suits your new baby the best. Weve pulled together the best girls names that go well with the name Sarah. For example, if your family is from Hawaii, you might choose a middle name like Kahului. Sally was popular in the eighteenth century and then again from the 1920s to the 1960s--it was just outside the Top 50 around 1940. For example, if you love the ocean, you might choose from the middle names Ocean, Wave, or Blue. There are nicknames based on other words, and these I found super cute as well. Your email address will not be published. Ashsmi8 5 yr. ago Others start with S, but have nothing to do with the name Sarah really. There are innumerable nicknames for Sarah, ranging from beautiful and elegant to funny and quirky. Similar name to someone famous: If my name was Steve N. King, you'd better believe I'd be choosing a pen name. Famous Sarahs include Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York, Sarah Jessica Parker, actress. As she got older Cher evolved into Chera and eventually Sarah, but the name Cher still stays with my friends. Sarah Anne. I like Tara, Cara, Lara, Mara, but dislike Clara. Also meaning princess, Sadie is a Sarah spinoff thats picking up steam. Boys names like Sarah: John, James, William, David, . The name has a position in the top ten names for girls in Ireland. Additional Pen Names Used: Jill March and Sarah Hardesty. Among the name's earliest bearers was the influential Eleanor of Aquitaine (12th century), who was the queen of Louis VII, the king of France, and later Henry II, the king of England. Just where I left it!. BabyCenter releases its list of the top 100 names for boys and girls, topped by Aiden and Sophia. If you love European names or even have European ancestry weve compiled the best Irish, French, Spanish, Italian, German and Polish names to go with Sarah. Weve kept these spelt in their original authentic way, but you can always update the spelling if you prefer. Sarah meaning on a financial level. Clara sounds the same but is pretty different than Sara. The name and the alternate uses of Sarah have been used as a name to christen a woman in Jewish, Christian, and Muslim religions. The #1 online source for baby names and meanings, unique baby names, most popular baby names lists, celebrity baby news, and more. People spend a significant amount of time searching for the ideal name on Google. If you like the posts on Name Noodle, please take a moment to subscribe to the email newsletter! The name is made up of two elements: "Hrod" which means fame and "Beraht" which means bright. Learn more here. Click the next to a name to add it to your favorites. HelenOberon 11/8/2022. I used to think that my name was like hopeless and there were like no nns for it except like Sar and Sah and Rah and Sairand stufff Lol???? Sarah is the biblical reference for Abraham's wife, who lived in the time of Abraham. Annabelle is super gorgeous since it's basically a combination of two beautiful names (which are also really pretty): Anna and Belle. Cora gained popularity as a given name after James Fenimore Cooper used it as the name of his heroine, Cora Munro, in his 1826 novel, Zara has multiple origins, but most notably is a variation of Zahrah, a name derived from the Arabic, Naomi was once a primarily Jewish name from the Old Testament that referenced the mother-in-law of Ruth. The views expressed in community are solely the opinions of participants, and do not reflect those of What to Expect. Stevonne. In 2020, the Social Security Administration listed it as number 87 for girls. I agree Clara would be good with the names of your other daughters. Browse our list and learn more about these beauties. These nicknames are not very common, and you can make up pet names as a game on the go. Sarah is a beautiful name that holds the potential for untold strength and graceful dignity for a person. While Shiloh has risen from obscurity thanks to its celebrity baby use, it hasn't become a star the way brother names Maddox and Pax have. Read our. Adrienne is a feminine variation of the Latin name Adrian, whose lineage stretches back to Antiquity. Sally Sunshine 42. I love seeing all the Sarahs gathered here, I didnt think I had a nickname until I saw Sarah beara boo and remembered my older cousin Laura calls me Sarah beara, Sarah Connor is the nickname my mom calls ME AND MY BROTHER. clear Nameberry is a registered trademark of Nameberry, LLC. print. Sattie 40. Just fill in the form below and hit "Subscribe"! Because practically everyone these days appears to have a middle name, it is reasonable to assume that the vast majority of people want to give their children names that are at least three words long. Brazil contains its own fascinating culture as well as a blend of those from around the world, making Brazilian girl names some of the most diverse on Earth. Sarah has several meanings; Its Arabic, Hebrew, and Persian meaning is woman of high rank, which is best translated as Princess. In Modern Hebrew, Sarah means woman minister, and in Islam, Sarah means Purity.. Sarah Garone, NDTR, is a freelance health and wellness writer who runs a food blog. Baby names similar to Stella - Large list of baby names that are similar to Stella in many ways, including, similar in popularity, similar in sound, same length, or same meaning . In our middle name series, we have compiled a list of resources and tools to inspire the best middle name for your little one, as well as some wonderful middle name ideas for Sarah! The name Sarah is primarily a female name of Hebrew origin that means Princess. For those looking for an updated version of the name, check out her diminutive of Sadie. Though it hasn't been heard as a baby name for decades, we can see Sally bouncing back, especially after her exposure as young Ms. Draper on, Sasha, largely male in Russia--and also spelled Sascha and Sacha--is an energetic name that has really taken off for girls here, chosen by Jerry Seinfeld (using the alternate Sascha spelling) and other celebs. The meaning of Carmen is "song" or "poem" in Latin and Spanish. There are so many names to choose from, and you want to find the perfect one for your little Sarah.