This site is unaffiliated. and Ramp/ritual + sacrifice-effect for :). Nethroi Menoy Commander / EDH BGW (Abzan, Junk) TheDragonBuster. Buried Alive Is this going to spend a lot of its time getting chump blocked? If you have Nethroi, Apex of Death has an extremely powerful built in combo finisher that begs to be pushed to the limits. If you have both It is true, that the deck uses two lines that have proven to be successful - RazaKats and Protean Hulk are insanely strong. for free. While this is yet to be tested, it would seem to me like it could be totally possible to slap Nethroi, Apex of Death onto a really big Voracious Hydra or other big creature and go to town, killing people with Commander damage instead. Nevertheless, I think that this Nethroi deck can be very strong and convinces precisely because of its possible resillience. Other people can view your private deck by using this url, Seems there are no cards in the Acquireboard. 2 1 27. andy. Nethroi is used to make my late game stronger, because I still have a chance to get the pieces back from the graveyard. Without blue these spells are the most effective ones protecting our combo's. Deck should be a very resilient deck that can win by combat (going wide or via a giant mutation) or by decking with Altar of Dementia. Pgina de inicio. They're cards that have triggers whenever a creature dies. Animate Dead Protean Hulk I tried Grim Flayer in BloodPod and was pretty disappointed in it, is it better here? tell me what you think! Fiend Artisan : the deck use only two tutors, Eladamri's Call and Fiend Artisan. Let me know below, and thanks for reading. Leonin Relic-Warder No infinite combo here, the deck isn't competitive at all and doesn't want to be. That's why there are basically two ways to start: build up the setup or prepare the combo. [[Aven Mindcensor]] would also be a solid include into your hatebears package. You have plenty of creatures that care about your other creatures dying, so feel free to play your hydras and such as 0/0s just to get the triggers! Other people can view your private deck by using this url, Seems there are no cards in the Acquireboard. . Green Sun's Zenith Sylvan Safekeeper Those creatures may be used in combat, but if that strategy is not viable, aristocrats like Corpse Knight, Zulaport Cutthroat or Cruel Celebrant can use the dead of all these creture to damage our opponents. make the deck more fragile and inconsistent, because we would run too many pieces. Contact | Yes, he does not only stop our activation of and start the line and even could tutor for Razaketh, the Fouldblooded I decided against this card. You've got some really good picks in here, but since you are not in blue, stack interaction is where you falter. We basically do not care about the upkeep-costs, because we intend to win with it the turn we cast it. Edit. Nethroi, Apex of Death is a newer commander, making it's debut into the MTG Multiverse for the first time in Ikoria: Lair of Behemoths. or Karmic Guide Season of Growth. The first thing that you'll notice is that we are playing 65 creatures and 36 lands. You can now import it in the MTG Arena client. Protean Hulk Because he has a mutate trigger rather than a ETB trigger, that means you have to cast him for 7, and can't cheat him out with reanimation or anything. Kill a threat, get a key card, put key cards into our graveyard and get later a reanimation spell or play Bob. The biggest issue is honestly speed. Drannith Magistrate Archidekt. We've also included a host of Dredge cards. I may be wrong though. Walking Ballista is crucial, because he will force you discard one of the pieces and let you return one. Body Snatcher Final Parting Sakura-Tribe Elder is one of the premier staples of the format and was an easy inclusion. You can cast these for however big you want! Nethroi, Apex of Death However, since the adjustments are a combination of the above lines, they are not listed here. $0.35. Complete Comment Tutorial! Many years looking for an abzan deck, but none of the existent legends really interested me in a lore and aesthetics perspective. is too slow. 4- Combo through Sun Titan. TappedOut.js Blog Widget. Discord Server | with legs, but additionally sacrifices a creature, enabling the Hulk-Combo. Attention! I would even love to turn this into a Primer at some point for Nethroi, but I'm only comfortable making a primer once I feel confident that I know the ins and the outs of the deck, which just frankly isn't possible in the few play sessions I've had so far. You can now import it in the MTG Arena client. Construction date: 30/04/2020 He lives in Joplin, MO with his wife. Golgari Thug Other important decks to compare Nethroi with while you are searching for a graveyard recursion commander are Meren of Clan Nel Toth or Muldrotha, the Gravetide. Reanimator Gemrazer : a artefact/enchantment removal on a boby and one of the mutate creature of the deck, allow us to trigger Nethroi and deal with some threats. A huge, recursive threat on its own, but it's also a great target to mutate Nethroi on top of, since it will have a base of 5/5 but gets +1/+1 for each land you control . Protean Hulk And what are these other creatures? The Ooze is also our only graveyards' hate. Apprentice Necromancer Karador can be paid very fast thanks to his first cost reduction ability, but he only let you play one creature card from your graveyard per turn, and you will have to cast it normally, paying it's mana cost. Nontheless, you get the idea with this hand). The easiest way to do this is to fill our deck with creatures that have zero power, which would allow us to reanimate all of them. Nethroi loves to brin. Mystic Remora This is a boring upgrade, but it's a powerful one. If you want to know exactly how deep Golgari's legendary creature pool is, at the time of writing, Izoni is the 14th most popular commander in the color combination (with Dina, Soul Steeper, Gyome, Master Chef, and Willowdusk, Essence Seer rapidly catching up). I believe (unfortunately) that Nethroi can only ever be supportive and work as a backup plan in a cEDH deck. Mikaeus, the Unhallowed Card Odds V2 Draw hand. It's not a great Nethroi reanimation target, but is one of the best Nethroi-enablers. Thanks. Yes, it was printed in Commander Anthologies, and is a card on The List, but you and I both know that those don't really count. Leonin Relic-Warder . I have to say I prefer to support the original and official aspects of Nethroi: Nethroi, Apex of Death and Nethroi, Apex of Death, wich I find trule awesome and unique, rather than the Biollante version, clearly not for me (Although I think Wizzards of the Coasts had an awesome and fun idea of creating "skins" of official cards with flavors resulting from the crossover with other franchises). will go on the stack. This site 2023 TappedOut.net, LLC Karmic Guide Knowing all of this, what's a Nethroi deck look like on a budget? Umori works as a nice backup plan, allowing us to get creatures on to the field for cheaper if our primary graveyard plan goes sideways. Our creature-only restriction leaves us short on board wipes, but every deck has some weakness, and this is ours. or I am of course aware that Nethroi's ability is very expensive, which is why the deck is not particularly accelerated by him. Nethroi, Apex of Death is a very unique commander with the ability to return any number of creatures from your graveyard to the battlefield with total power 10 or less. or Walking Ballista dies as a state-based action. Articles and comments are user-submitted and do not represent official endorsements of this site. Here is what my Scryfall search turned up. Both Sun Titan, Angelic Renewal and Fiend Hunter are useful cards in our deck stand alone, so this combo doesn't means dead cards if you can't assemble it. ) to sacrifice The first thing you may notice is that, along with cards that actually have 0 power, we also have cards with "*" for their power, with the * being equal to things like Elves in play, lands you control, or creatures in graveyards. by bobthefunny Jul 12, 2019. But if this gets interrupted we are out of the game, because we have no engines to get us back into it. Luminous Broodmoth : This one is certainly one of the best value engine of the deck, turn every creature that dies in a flying threat for our opponents. . Walking Ballista Walking Ballista Mill Be very careful, though, as Hermit Druid is a human, meaning you can't mutate Nethroi, Apex of Death onto him. Collector Ouphe - (G) (SF) (txt) (ER)Drannith Magistrate - (G) (SF) (txt) (ER)Eidolon of Rhetoric - (G) (SF) (txt) (ER)[[cardname]] or [[cardname|SET]] to call. Articles and comments are user-submitted and do not represent official endorsements of this site. DMCA requests | In many ways this deck is a mixture and combination of Varolz-Hulk and Razakats. Copy Clear. Discord Server | Then This card is insanely fast and strong. WHY NETHROI? Springbloom Druid is Harrow: the Creature'ing, and Farhaven Elf does a decent Farseek impression. As a Nethroi player, we are not very impact by this effect, in the early game, we just want to fill our graveyards and ramp to be prepare. Ranking every Equipment in EDH using EDHREC! It also provided an opportunity to build it . Fauna Shaman This hand might be possible if it is the third one we have drawn. Terms of Use | with Even if . Dear whichever WotC employee has been given the enviable task of following all of my articles. Imo this card is no-brainer. Rise of the Dark Realms is $15 and nine mana. BRGW, Please watch the video on how to pilot it: https://youtu.be/OmNNBWFNh0M. Achieved #18 position overall 2 years ago. to have another strong combo. It might be weird to exclude this card, because of its sheer value. to get the card from your hand into the grave. Fauna Shaman Again using an aristocrat (Corpse Knight, Zulaport Cutthroat or Cruel Celebrant) to kill our opponents or just use Altar of Dementia as sacrifice engine to mill all our opponents to defeat. and start a tutor chain. Articles and comments are user-submitted and do not represent official endorsements of this site. That's why many of our creatures have small power (1/1s or even 0/0s that come with +1/+1 counters on them, or just creatures like Hornet Queen that can look small but grant us lot of power in tokens or ETB effects). 3 - Combo through persist. Aristocrats This deck chases that extremely fast combo win with no budget and only winning in mind. Nethroi, Apex of Death Nethroi, Apex of Aristocrats Commander / EDH Aristocrats BGW (Abzan, Junk) Combo Multiplayer Reanimator Value Engine akumawerewolf Upvote 0 Playtest v1 Similar Deck Space Card Recommendations Commander Recommendations Card Kingdom $0 - 615 TCGPlayer Mkt $0 - 472 CardHoarder 79.01 TIX Compare to Spoiler Timeline Card Odds Draw hand Themes. will trigger to sacrifice Reanimate With The goal of this deck is to stockpile your graveyard full of 0/0 creatures. If one of your pile-pieces is in your graveyard and another one in your hand, your Hulk-Line will change. for free into the hand and thats just beautiful. to slow your oppontents. Protean Hulk Keep going through the deck and generating value until you're ready to reanimate them all for the sudden kill! In fact, the elf is probably tapping constantly for more mana and I don't depend on the colors either - besides, my meta is full of elves, so that's good for me. Cast Rally the Ancestors with X = 2 (total 4 mana). I had settled on using [ [Nethroi, Apex of Death]] as the commander, since it provided both main wurm colors, and then black for [ [Massacre Wurm]]. Complete Comment Tutorial! The goal of Nethroi is to execute an explosive mass reanimation effect that grants you a sudden giant board. Now, opponent's can't really act during your turn, ensuring your combo safety. We'll see in the future if he deserv his place ! If one of your pile-pieces is in your graveyard, your Hulk-Line will change. Primer are good ways to protect the line if they are in our graveyard. in your hand, your Hulk-Line will change. Our best creatures to use as offensive mutation bases are: God-Eternal Oketra*f-pre*, Athreos, Shroud-Veiled, Karametra, God of Harvests or Oketra the True, only be careful to check you have devotion for some of your gods before mutating! Nethroi may not be the most efficient and game-breaking option, but it's certainly one of the more interesting options to build around. Entomb and kill him with Might be worth a try. If he dies, he can put important creatures on top of our library, which is a nice effect. Nethroi being the Apex nightmare monster of the eerie triome of Indatha, a dark marsh flats where the cyrcle of life and death seemed twisted, became my personal most interesting legend from the set. Fiend Artisan And even if he is not needed for adjustment, he is an enabler for the Hulk-Line. Ideas are welcome, thanks!! Since we are a fast-combo-deck, there is not much to write here. ) is a straight win. Cast Rally the Ancestors or Eerie Ultimatum and win. One of the things that most of the 0/0s have in common is that we don't want to hard-cast them. Throw your big creatures onto the board to threaten people with huge creatures throughout the game, with your only restriction being how much mana you have available. to reanimate many creatures at once or directly your win-pieces. If you reanimate Copied to clipboard. Nethroi, the Death-Dweller is the apex monster of the Indatha triome on Ikoria . The decks primary goal is to make a lot of fast mana and utilize it to make explosive plays. If you're looking for a way to improve your deckbuilding and to find cards off the beaten path, this is one of the best ways to do so. Grand Abolisher Other people can view your private deck by using this url, Seems there are no cards in the Acquireboard. Protean Hulk That's a lot. into the graveyard and getting him onto the board with Build restrictions: No combo heavy, no expensive tutors, lack some expensive staples. Razaketh, the Foulblooded This EDH / Commander Gameplay FeaturesFiresong and Sunspeaker, Vadrik Archmage Eternal, Wulfgar of Icewind Dale and Nethroi Apex of DeathWelcome to Enemy Co. Of course, that makes it more difficult to play. This card can't be underestimated in this deck. or Leonin Relic-Warder It's one of the most broken mechanics of all time, and we're happy to be running every Dredge card we can get our hands on. Natural Order and Even so, is always fair have some kind combo as a back-up plan, specially if your deck isn't foccused into tutor it or abuse it, and it's also true having a combo to end a locked game that became boring is always grateful. Body Snatcher In this case, our first combo is: Kitchen Finks with Good-Fortune Unicorn or Luminous Broodmoth can make an infinite loop (by sacrifying the finks with something like Viscera Seer, Carrion Feeder or Yahenni, Undying Partisan) to kill our opponents through life loss (thanks to Corpse Knight, Zulaport Cutthroat or Cruel Celebrant) or to mill them (with Altar of Dementia). However, there are other ways to achieve this win. $1.49. The next thing that stood out to me are how many cards enter play as a 0/0, but receive a pile of +1/+1 counters, so instead of digging through a bunch of Walls and other *-powered creatures, I changed my Scryfall search to make things a bit more manageable and was rewarded with finding a bunch of Arcbound and Clockwork creatures. dometic water heater manual mpd 94035; ontario green solutions; lee's summit school district salary schedule; jonathan zucker net worth; evergreen lodge wedding cost Articles and comments are user-submitted and do not represent official endorsements of this site. Privacy statement | . He works as an ASL interpreter, enjoys running, and sitting on his porch reading, while simultaneously silently judging his neighbors. Razaketh, the Foulblooded Selfless Spirit : Boardswipe's protection for our creatures, easily targuetable by Nethroi. if you have a reanimation spell. Birthing Pod Nethroi apparition solved my search! Contact | I have been testing this deck on Cockatrice with friends primarily. I'm not sure, in that case, why you wouldn't play stax, which would only help your early game. It could be Nethroi but also the other mutate creatures. [[Collector Ouphe]], [[Drannith Magistrate]], [[Eidolon of Rhetoric]], etc all would slow your opponents down from their plan and allow you to get to the mid-late game. And since we also don't focus on stax, we're not an interactive deck, so we only concentrate on our combos. This site is unaffiliated. in your graveyard, just get Help | Fiend Artisan Autumn's Veil Sure, in other formats, you have some decks that play Cultivate, Primeval Titan, and various mana dorks, but in EDH decks, every single deck has to have a way to ramp to keep up with the table. As me being a biologist, a wild plane wich it's main feature was nature, echosystems, beasts and monsters? Nethroi & Kaheera vs Malcolm & Tana vs Mogis vs Yurlock | Commander Melee S2: E10 | EDH Gameplay - YouTube Here is the season finale! Similar Deck Space Card Recommendations Commander Recommendations. If you Mutate a creature on top of a hydra, it will still have all the abilities and the counters from the hydra, but it will have a larger base power and toughness. adds too little value and therefore other commander that also use these strategies are better. ;). back using it two times a turn giving us the mana for our commander. Discord Server | Leonin Relic-Warder Otherwise, I don't have a lot of cards that get the pieces into the graveyard, so he just helps. the trigger of Format: Commander User Submitted Deck Deck Date: Feb 26, 2023 Deck Page Visual View Stream Popout Edit He would be useful, of cource, because with infinite mana and good cards in our graveyard, . Overall, he is good. Complete Comment Tutorial! - and put them into the graveyard - and Another strategy is to tutor directly for either Because this deck lacks interaction, we really need the cards that will lead us to our combo.