more info Quick view Add to Cart. USGItype-3 rear sight marked JAO and the number 7160060. on EBAY I found a flip sightbidding at$112 and there are 11 bids on it. The standard rear sight on the M1 Carbine is pretty darned good. (Underwood; Markings May Vary), Slide, Type III, G.I. Now you can get a complete Inland-Skinner Sight package that includes both .5 & .7 B.Jones aperture lenses, a savings of over 30.00 if purchased separately. Product Overview. In fact, some manufacturers have supplied other manufacturers with breech housings. This referred to the area of wood covering the operating handle. M1 Carbine NRA excellent to unissued condition $1,799.99. "War Baby" by Larry Ruth may give more precise dates. micrometric stamped (Adjustable sight, stamped construction). But beware it can be very costly and hard to recover $$ out put. It was not until 1940 that the Ordnance Corp. accepted the request. Therefore, if any other carbine has this type of barrel band, it is not all original. . Sight Sets. B.Jones lenses have been the standard for nearly 3 decades providing aperture lens options for competitive long range rifle shooters. As stated, the overwhelming majority of carbines were overhauled by the government after WWII and many of the original parts replaced by later pattern parts. In this book, you will find a lot of information you won't find anywhere else. Make witness marks on the barrel and front sight ring then remove. The picture is supposedly dated February 5, 1945. Senior Member . I'm not sure of the maker but I have a letter from my great uncle dated Aug 1945 where he complained that his M1 carbine had been changed an adjustable rear sight. You need an original USGI M1 carbine rear sight. Looks like the GI in the top pic is wearing an arctic field jacket? The lowest setting is marked '1 - 1.5' so you would expect to be a little high at 100. Kensight Rear Sight M1 Carbine Rifle Adjustable Precision Peep 860-102. $79.95. This late type 3 barrel band was introduced in 1945 towards the very end of WW2, the vast majority of M1 carbines having their barrel bands upgraded to type 3 after 1945. At 100 yards (91 m), the M1 carbine can deliver groups between 3 and 5 inches, sufficient for its intended purpose as a close-range defensive weapon. Free shipping on orders of $199+ |Use Code: SITESHIP | Restrictions apply, Offer ends 3/5/2023. The type 2 band was fitted to some late war M1 carbines, around mid 1944. Now all we need is a pic of a carbine with the adjustable rear sight plus the bayonet bar in the PTO before the cessation of hostilities. It has 35 'Watchers'. Didn't notice at the time, but rear sight was pretty loose. This stock assembly is eligible to ship priority mail. (Standard Products - Marked S), Slide, Type IV, G.I. ), Recoil Plate, Type III (Marked 1 Inside Letter C), Recoil Plate, Type III (Marked 2 Inside Letter C), Recoil Plate, Type III (Rock Island Arsenal - Marked RIA), Recoil Plate, Type III (Winchester - Marked W), Recoil Plate, Type III, Cast (Marked E in a Circle). Such markings can be sanded off by someone wishing to remove such evidence so any sanded areas make the stock suspect. Originally it was planned to equip the USM1 with a firing selector (semi-auto, full-auto). As you can see the first picture the top of the carbine for the sight and in the second picture is the sight he ordered. Thank you. marked leaf Flip sight sold a few days ago with 4 bids, went for $187.50. Therefore, if any other carbine has this type of barrel band, it is not all original. (w/ Bayonet Lug), Barrel Band, Early Style, New Reproduction (Includes Swivel & Screw), Barrel Band, Parkerized, New Original G.I. Not Available Dealers are dealers Brownells cannot ship guns to at this time. Good job on this one, looks just like the original. April 14, 2017, 04:02 AM #3: lunger. The base has a tiny "S" on one side. Each Click up or down will move the elevation up or down approx.. 5" for each 100yrds. If you choose a Standard Dealer, you are responsible for contacting that dealer and arranging for the dealer to submit a signed copy of an FFL and to give Brownells permission to ship the gun. Winchester, Inland, Rock-Ola, STD.PRO or IBM? 55.00$ 0 bids Buy It Now. A brand new condition stock on a carbine with well-used metal components is a sure indication that something is amiss. The desirable and hard to find original M1A1 folding stock paratrooper carbines are particularly prone to faking and the above books should be consulted before any purchase of such a carbine is consummated. Early M1 carbines had a flatter straight stock. M1 CARBINE REAR SIGHT REMOVAL & INSTALL TOOL For USGI CARBINE. The one I still have consists of 11 SA parts [replacement parts used by SA for their after war rebuilding contracts] including the stock, operating slide, barrel, front sight, rear sight, trigger housing, trigger, magazine catch, hand guard and barrel band. We have the following M1 carbines available: M1 carbine NRA good to INLAND ONLY $1,099.99. There are three types of barrel band for the M1 carbine. Is this a legit and original M1A1 Carbine rear flip sight. Inland has partnered with Skinner Sights to develop what could be the best sight solution ever produced for the M1 Carbine! Post WWII slings used a solid style tab. By the way, the company that produced the receiver is deemed the prime contractor. The sight should be kept clean and lightly oiled to prevent rusting and insure proper operation. M1 CARBINE TYPE 1 BARREL BAND SCREW M1 Carbine type 1 barrel band screw. We will inform you when the product arrives in stock. The original WW2 produced rear L-type or 'flip' site had no adjustment for windage and had only two elavation settings of 100 or 300 yards. M1 Carbine, Rear sight. New USGI. M1 Carbine. If you do choose to go ahead with it pick up a copy of Warbaby, and make sure you get the exact right part to maximize the benefit for the money spent. Becareful these are so often listed as real when they are reproduction. If you have one, you can find them every where. Two of the most significant areas to observe are the barrel and rear sight base. Each rifle has a Parkerized finish, American Walnut stock, 15 round magazine (10 rounds where required by law), 18" barrel, and flip-style rear sight. Carbine rear sight. M1 Carbine type 3 rear sight assy --- I.R.CO. High quality tool for removing and installing the rear sight on an M1 carbine. Credit will be reflected in the checkout process. There are a few. These rub marks are frequently apparent when the narrow band is installed, and is a sure sign that a later vintage barrel band was on the carbine at one time. You dont have to remove the barrel, and the tool fits nicely in a vise. Get the best deals on M1 Carbine Sight In other Ww2 Original Us Collectibles when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. It has been machined to fit the curve of the M1 carbine . With the Type 1 sights I use a brass punch. Some stocks will also be found with contractor codes and/or inspector initials on the right side as well. ), Slide, Type III, G.I. Magazine capacity: 15 shots Your email address will not be published. Auto-Ordnance. Please search by another zipcode to find the nearest dealer. Looks pretty legit to me. Free shipping for many products! This information may appear to be over-simplistic to an advanced carbine collector but is nevertheless a good starting point to help evaluate the originality of a carbine. This sight was installed at the factories of Inland, #5,000,000, Winchester, #5,700,000 and Saginaw Gear 6,050,000. Bolt Rebuild Kit M1 Carbine. IHC m1 garand Safety. This tool is fast, easy to use, and gentle on your sight and receiver. This proved to be unsatisfactory, as it was closely located to the magazine release and of the same operation, but did remain in production till very late in the war, when replaced with a rotary style safety. You are considering an original vintage M1 Carbine L-Type Sight, issued with the early model M1 Carbines during WWII, it has an S marked on one side of it. Here we see 2 nurses cleaning an M1 Carbine somewhere in the PTO. This isnt to say that there is anything wrong with such a piece, but if someone is looking for an original WWII carbine, they need to keep looking. The Carbine Collectors Club is a CMP Affiliated Organization. (see photos). If you read up on zeroing the M16/AR15A1 you can apply the same process to the M1 carbine with the original flip sights. The rear sight assembly was damaged. Our 15 round M1 Carbine magazine is constructed with 400 series Stainless Steel with a nitride finish for durability and long life! New condition. Buy Chiappa M1-9 Carbine 9mm PC 19" Tactical Rifle 10rd Polymer: GunBroker is the largest seller of Semi Auto Rifles Rifles Guns & Firearms All: 974292718 . All Rights Reserved. I guess this means I can pretend my Inland M1 with a Type 3 barrel band and adjustable rear sight is still in WW2 form. . The following additional information is courtesy of: . You don't have to remove the barrel, and the tool fits nicely in a vise. Also, any indention in the wood at the tip of the stock covered by the barrel band should be examined. It is not uncommon to find cases with two manufacturer's names, one of which is crossed out. M1 CARBINE FLIP SIGHTS We got these from an old timer that owned a gun shop back in the 60's. Quantities are very limited order now! may i say that this tool is the most satisfying device i have ever bought and used that did exactly what it was supposed to do very easy to install and use. It was just kind of a mess. ), Slide, Type IV, G.I. or 1" at 100 yards. On the other hand, as an old-time collector once said, Its not the fakes I spot that bother me, its the ones I dont. Note: Not for the Universal brand Carbine made in the 1970s. . All WWII carbine slings have a horseshoe shaped metal tab. How to Build An AR-15: Your AR Build Made Easy, California Residents: Do Not Share My Personal Information. If you are interested in M1 carbines, I warmly recommend the book by Leroy Thompson published a few years ago: "The M1 Carbine". This is because the leftside Dovetail opening narrows as you install left. C-OM M1 Carbine Owner's Manual . leaf. They are marked 'U' on the bevel. M1 Carbine Rifle Adjustable Precision Peep Kensight Rear Sight $43.95 . Barrel stamp 12-42, if I read correctly the serial number for this carbine's parts list would indicate type I rear sight. There is no cracks or wood damage to the stock and forend. Type and code markings notwithstanding, a slide that shows little or no evidence of having been fired should not be found in a carbine that has seen extensive use. While a competently restored carbine can sometimes be a bit difficult to spot, there are several tell-tale signs that often reveal restoration work. This new model Mini-Scout-Mount fits all US military spec M1-Carbines (including those made by Kahr Arms), and has the same great features as the proven Mini-Scout-Mount for the M1-Garand. Our Friends at Classic Firearm Parts may have it in stock. View Product Details. Grand Rapids, General Motors. The stocks were also stamped with code markings which are normally found inside of the sling recess on the left side. Milled and stamped sights were used at the same time. $2.99 shipping. Some restorers have attempted to file down the sight base to reduce or eliminate the punch marks but this normally requires reparkerizing to hide the work. I've had this for a number of years. (Good To Very Good Condition), Stock, Italian Cartouched - Used Fair to Good Cond. $53.00 + $4.85 shipping. So I don't know how old your Carbine is. operating slide tube assembly. Springfield didnt actually make WWII M1 carbines, but did take a large delivery of tooling and parts in 1944 as production slowed down. Data from Canfield 2010. M1 Carbine NRA very good to excellent condition $1,299.99. The sight slides into the standard rear sight dovetail and is held in place by two set screws. Most opinions I have read say that any marks represent a replaced adjustable sight. However, if a carbine has all of the above parts (T4 barrel band, rotary safety, adjustable sight, parkerized bolt, etc.) Secure your piece of history today! They were then one of the main armouries to overhaul M1 carbine production post war and any parts manufactured by Springfield carry an SA stamp. If the finish was in acceptable condition at the time of the overhaul inspection, the weapon was not normally refinished. leaf. or just a loose .U. When carbines went through rebuild the flip sight was usually replaced with an adjustable sight and staked into place with a round punch. it's a very interesting photo for sure. one click is 1" per 100yrds. Again, I'm no expert in the world of M1 Carbines. to find the proper rear sight setting. A full guide about the WW2 M1 Carbine of the US Army : history, production and case markings, serial numbers, part names, pictures. Models made by Universal Hialeah and Iver Johnson are post war commercial models. $5.00. forward of the original rifle's bolt. Celebrating and maintaining Americas heritage. These were replaced towards the very end of the war by the adjustable sights (milled and stamped) and only by only some manufacturers. G.I., (Quality Hardware -Marked DA-Q), Slide, Type III, G.I. I'm not a carbine expert, but I would think that the earliest adjustable sites in post #14 would be the "milled" variety. The late production M1 carbines had a shaped pot belly stock. One of the design features to continue from the first M1s to later rifles was the rear sight assembly. Replacing the original M1 carbine magazine catch with a M2 catch can remedy that problem. (National Postage Meter - Marked UN), Slide, Type IV, G.I. Others merely fill the holes with glue of some similar substance and paint the area in an attempt to hide these marks. $ 125.00. Please don't Private Message me for Carbine questions. I'm in need of a .U. I found a picture of Okinawa which showed Army troops with adjustable rear sights and Type I (small) barrel bands that was dated in April 1945. 2018 Inland Manufacturing LLC - All Rights Reserved. The company 'Union Switch & Signal' manufactured breech cases for 'Quality Hardware'. Now these high quality lenses are available for sporting, hunting, and defensive applications with Skinner sight apertures. If the date is correct, than the picture I posted is one of the earliest I have seen so far. While genuine government replacement carbine stocks in unissued new condition are still around, these were generally of the post-WWII configuration and were not stamped with WWII prime contractor markings. Add to Compare. The receiver ring forward of the bolt had a replacement sight, with a V notched blade, silver soldered to the receiver ring forward of the bolt. . Cannon: 457.2 mm 4 stripes on the right side However, my first thought was, "it takes TWO people to strip and clean a carbine?". FOREVER. So when I got this gun, it was basically a perfect Fulton Armory receiver with a bunch of questionable parts stuck to it. The commissioning will be done from June 1942. A Underwood with .U. Click for Details. Quick view Add to Cart The item has been added. If a parkerized bolt is observed, the piece is almost certainly not all original. Sorta short story. $34.95. This was intended for an oiler that was never adopted on the M1 carbine. A version with folding stock was developed for the airborne troops under the demomination 'M1 A1 Carbine'. Ya, the one on the left seems a little long in the face about it too. Figured, oh, just restake it. Install the opposite from right to left. Kingston, NY 12401, 2023 Numrich Gun Parts Corporation. Type flip sight. Precision made in the USA. Complete "Round Bolt" M1 Carbine bolt assembly, includes firing pin & extractor. Springfield Sight Sets; Ruger Sight Sets; Kimber Sight Sets; Glock Sight Sets; AK47/AKM Sight Sets; . Jack. It was an improvement in that it had a larger surface area and was not nearly as often seen as the type 1 band, and was replaced by the type 3. Since 1938, the US Army has been eager to equip non-combatant troops with a semi-automatic rifle, less bulky, lighter and more maneuverable than the Garand. B.Jones lenses have been the standard for nearly 3 decades providing aperture lens options for competitive long range rifle shooters. After wire brushing out the crud I found this one was marked inside: The one pictured above is the far left one in the below picture: Inlands in the 5 mil serial range have been found with Underwood Flip sights. The M1 carbine's .30 Carbine round was closer to a pistol cartridge, as it used a straight-walled case that released a 110-grain round-nosed FMJ bullet at 1,900 fps, giving it an effective range of around 300-yard. Features audible clicks for precise windage adjustment and . Our Price: $19.95 . NEW for 2019! Rate of Fire: M2 on full auto, 650-700rpm However, bullet drop is significant past 200 yards (180 m). By the description I cut and pasted what does this tell me? M1/M2 Carbine Milled Rear Sight. He was in the USMC in China at the time. As it sits though it has already passed center being centered in the dove tail No adjustable stake marks; now that gives you another option if you can find an original type one flip sight. The M1 carbine (formally the United States Carbine, Caliber .30, M1) is a lightweight semi-automatic carbine that was a standard firearm for the U.S. military during World War II, the Korean War and the Vietnam War.The M1 carbine was produced in several variants and was widely used by paramilitary and police forces around the world, and also became a popular civilian firearm after World War II. $30.00. The Inland-Skinner M1 Sight is a very attractive usable solution for anyone that wants to have a functional M1 Carbine* , and want to shoot it! Unloaded weight: 2.48 kg In order to save time in production, later M1 carbines, from mid 1944 onward, utilised a round top bolt, which meant less machining. Typically these punch marks are rather deep and readily apparent. Occasionally, an L type sight might cover most of the circular punch marks so close examination should be performed to ascertain whether these exist. Each Auto-Ordnance M1 Carbine is a faithful reproduction of the famous military rifles that served American forces beginning in World War II. Leaf to replace one cut to a V notch. Money back guarantee. Share your e-mail with us to receive regular sales, offers, and promotions. The theme militaria. Website by Hudson, This product is no longer available, however, M1 Carbine, M2 Carbine, M1A1 Schematic w/ Parts List, Buttplate, Used Original G.I. . Rear Sight Enlarge Image. When the narrow L type non-adjustable rear sights were replaced by the adjustable variety during overhaul, the later types were generally staked into place by punch pricks on both sides of the sight base. $94.00. Michigan, General Motors, Saginaw Steering Gear Division. M1 Carbine Milled rear sight (NEW) $55.00ea: 127: Front Sight- new GI, unmarked: $32.50 ea: 128: Front Sight- INLAND marked N: $145.00ea: 129: Front Sight- ROCK-OLA marked R: $135.00 ea: 129A: Changing the front sight. The Springfield Armory that made yours is located in Illinois and never part of the US government. Now these high quality lenses are available for sporting, hunting, and defensive applications with Skinner sight apertures. Most were of the flat top variety although the rounded bolts came into use by a few makers before production ceased. As the adjustable rear sight is replaceable only as an assembly, no replacement spare parts are furnished for field repair. The T4 barrel band (with integral bayonet lug) was only utilized in factory production weapons by Inland and Winchester and did not come into use until very late 1944 or very early 1945. Another good book recommendation is "The M1 Carbine: A Revolution in Gun Stocking", written by Grafton and Barbara Cook. The type 1 was the model fitted on the vast majority of WW2 carbines. Original GI. Each Manufacturer would use different components and change production at different times. Just got back from the range. and the sporterised EGMI Model . It is very difficult to make a carbine look original as most rear sights are staked on and the originals were not. It should be noted, that all WWII production M1 carbine bolts were blued and not parkarized. my question is how is the rear sight base centered. This website uses cookies for functionality, analytics and advertising purposes as described in our. Your Source for Service Rifles: M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, M14 / M1A & AR Types After determining that the parts appear to be of the proper vintage and coded to match the prime contractor, the finish of the metal should be considered. Features audible clicks for precise windage adjustment and preset range increments for elevation adjustment. $33.69 . JUST DON't STAKE it. Its not real hard or expensive to come up with an adjustable sight (original) for an M1 carbine. The rear sight body is Wire-EDM machined from 4140 Chrome Moly Steel that is then heat treated to . There are two basic differences in the M1 carbine handguard. Money back guarantee. Pantograph stock was more rigid than the M1A1's folding stock and folded flush under the fore end.