Quite possibly, this is one of the most complete paddles available in the market right now. USA & International; Australia; Canada; France; Product Identifiers. Pickleball paddles have textured graphite surfaces and honeycomb cores made from graphite polymer composites. As a Bantam paddle, the Bantam New Era XL is designed to provide power to players' strokes, without sacrificing too much control over the ball. This article reviews the Paddletek tempest wave pro paddles in detail. The high-tack, ultra-cushioned performance grip has a 4 3/8-inch diameter. Check out The Dink Newsletter. As we mentioned earlier, theres no doubt that the Tempest Wave is among the best paddles available. Further, this feels very forgiving on my forearm tendons (tennis elbow) when I play which is a main reason I bought this paddle. Paddletek Tempest Wave II Pickleball Paddle. The Tempest Wave II Graphite Paddle has a soft touch with the ability to respond quickly and make precise shots. The paddle is also designed as a quiet paddle to be used in "green zone" communities where noise levels are restricted. Paddletek Phoenix Genesis Pro. This paddle has a textured graphite surface and a graphite polymer composite honeycomb core in a typical Pickleball Paddle shape. A true player's paddle, the Tempest Wave II offers you incredible control for strategic short games. Reddit's automated bots frequently filter posts it thinks might be spam. The Tempest Wave is also great for dinks and superior accuracy in all of your shots. Not as powerful as the 13mm. 4893403189177. The Paddletek Tempest Wave II Pickleball Paddle features a textured graphite surface that adds spin and accuracy to your game, while the core of the paddle features the Tempest PolyCore. Also the edge guard was very fragile. Paddletek Tempest Wave Pro Pickleball Paddle has a similar handle to a tennis racket. I found that after only a few games playing with this paddle, it felt second nature and there was almost no adjustment time needed to get used to this paddle. The paddles construction is excellent. The graphite surface increases the accuracy behind the shot by dampening vibrations and providing power behind shots giving the player massive control behind all shots. I've played pickleball since 2014 and tennis since I was ten. Known as one of the best paddletek pickleball paddles in the market, the Paddletek Phoenix Genesis Pro is an excellent all-around paddle with a good blend of control and power. Spin and touch games are enhanced by the graphite textured face. Playing soft games requires the right kind of finesse and control this paddle can provide you everything you need. New Era Paddletek Phoenix Genesis Pro Pickleball Paddle Red Wildfire The Phoenix 264516285007. The Tempest Wave II is their intermediate offering in the Tempest line. Besides being handy for overhead smashes, this feature is also helpful for quick hits. UPC. Moreover, all the products are manufactured in the United States to guarantee acceptable standards and high-quality paddles. Firstly, the paddle is purposefully built to provide epic control for strategic players, who favor skill and touch over power. When the game called for an overhead smash shot, it was amazing how controlled even the power game was. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. I find it gives my hits a little extra pop and allows me to put more strength in each shot because of its lightweight nature and overall grip on the ball. I'm a 4.0 player and trialed 5 paddle brands: Control/Softness: Paddletek > Selkirk > CRBN 16mm / Onix > Rogue2 MAX > CRBN 13mm, Power: Rogue2 MAX / Onix > CRBN 13mm > CRBN 16mm >> Selkirk > Paddletek, Forgiveness: Selkirk / Rogue2 MAX / Onix / Paddletek > CRBN 16mm >> CRBN 13mm, Spin: CRBN 13 and 16 > Rogue2 MAX >> Onix / Paddletek > Selkirk, Hand Speed: CRBN 13 and 16 / Rogue2 MAX > Paddletek > Selkirk / Onix. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Simple Secrets for Mastering Your PickleBall Game. Your email address will not be published. Choose options. An innovation from Paddletek is Tempest Wave, a two-player game thats geared for pro players. You might be thinking advanced players will not get much benefit from this paddle. Unlike other paddles, this one lets you spin more. Despite the fact that the shape of the paddle is pretty narrow. A great deal of thought has gone into the design of Paddleteks paddles. Do you Use the Hairpin Drop in Pickleball? This paddle features a Tempest Smart Response Technology Core. It's durable, powerful but control oriented. Every shot felt comfortable and predictable thanks to this. in length, one of the longest Ive seen. The accuracy provided by the graphite surface and its enhanced grip provided by the shock guard are just a taste of this masterclass, and any professional would go for it. Find out everything you need to know about Pickleball today. Perforations on the grip are excellent for absorbing moisture. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. and what kind of balls do you use? Being able to consistently place the ball exactly where you want and wait for your opponents to make the mistakes is this paddles sweet spot. The paddle does not perform poorly as a result of this cosmetic issue. 5. Most of these participated in the Franklin Masters, an invitational tournament for 32 of the top Pickleball pro players. Its true. Apart from the fact that the Paddletek Tempest Wave ii is just beautiful in design, it is one of the most potent paddles in the field. Having played racquet sports for over 20 years, Jack took up Pickleball in 2012 and has played at a high level ever since. Head light, so my hands felt extremely quick at the kitchen. . Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. The perforated surface of the grip is excellent at drawing moisture away from your palms, while the cushioning built into the paddle makes the paddle comfortable to hold. Happy pickleballing! The paddle has a large sweet spot which enables a player to deliver accurate shots from any point of the hitting surface. If you dont know its size, grip length, face width, and other essentials, then you never know if a paddle will be right for you. CONTROL FREAK. In general, most experts recommend beginners buy inexpensive pickleball paddles. Polymer and carbon fiber are now used as head materials. The PolyCore technology makes the Wave II paddle responsive and reactive, while still giving you enough power to put away winning shots. The brand incorporates the latest technology and groundbreaking innovations to push paddle technology forward and produce some high-performing paddles. Many pros have used this masterwork with great success, and the reason for that is not at all mysterious. This paddle enables you to play your way in the "Kitchen" and lets you win the game. Power pop may be a hindrance to players who transfer their opponents energy into a slower dinking battle. As youre already used to dinking and control, this paddle adds to your control. The Tempest line is the favorite of Paddletek athlete Dave Weinbach. The interesting caveat to this guide on the best pickleball paddles is I found it took a lot of research to determine the paddle the pros were using. Buying expensive paddles might be risky for beginners because they dont get as hooked as others. At the bottom we also included a concise pros and cons section to further help you make your decision if you're considering the Paddletek Tempest Wave II or a paddle like it. This is not a power paddle and it does not pretend to be one. This paddle added less power to my game due to its lighter weight in an already control-oriented package. Smart Response Technology and a large, consistent sweet spot add finesse to every shot, while the balanced weight increases speed and maneuverability for even better play. Paddletek Bantam SABRE PRO 169.95 $ Paddletek Bantam TS-5 129.95 $ Paddletek Bantam TS-5 PRO 194.95 $ Paddletek Phoenix G6 99.95 $ Paddletek Phoenix Genesis 119.95 $ Paddletek Phoenix Genesis Pro 159.95 $ Paddletek Tempest Reign Pro 229.00 $ Paddletek Tempest Wave II 169.95 $ Paddletek Tempest Wave Pro 229.95 $ 1; 2; Dinking and net play proved to be the best uses for this paddle. We have seen many paddles with professional-looking basic appearances, but the Paddletek Tempest Wave Pro is definitely one of the most impressive ones. Additionally, it has an 8-inches face too. PickyPickleball.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Call us at 1-800-724-9439 to discuss the condition of a particular paddle if you'd like additional details. The handle plays a significant role in handling paddles, and the design allows for ease of use and maneuverability. The core material significantly absorbs most of the power giving a more controlled shot. The textured surface made with a graphite polymer enables players to control where they place their shots. Missing the sweet spot just slightly results in a totally dead ball. Im going to combine my analysis of the Paddletek Tempest Wave and Tempest Wave Pro. Power players may find the top end lacking and the soft feel of the paddle a detriment to their passing shots. This item: Paddletek Tempest Wave II Pickleball Paddle $129.19 Franklin Sports Outdoor Pickleballs X-40 Balls USA Pickleball USAPA Approved, 12 Pack $23.99 ($2.00/Count) Onix Pure 2 Outdoor Pickleball Balls 3-Pack and 6-Pack Available $18.99 ($3.17/Count) Customers also search paddletek tempest wave ii paddletek wave ii nike pickleball paddle Taking care of it will ensure that the Tempest Wave lasts for years. If you want to see the physical specs side by side this website will let you compare multiple paddles. The Paddletek Tempest Wave Pro Pickleball Paddle is a professional-level paddle that is designed for advanced players. I wouldnt just focus on one brand either. The paddle provides feedback through the hand, dampens vibrations, provides comfort to the hands, and alienates wrist pain. This helps produce the power you need on a control paddle, but it didn't suit my playstyle. Paddletek sponsored player and. After the table is an analysis of the paddles on the list to help determine the best Pickleball paddle. I hope you enjoy your time on here. Show More Show Less. The first thing that I noticed when I began playing with this paddle was the balance between power and touch. The paddles comes in a lightweight and mid-weight version. I think once I adjust to this paddle shape the control will be great, but I can't say yet. The Paddletek Bantan EX-L and Tempest Wave along with the Onix Summit C1 and Engage Elite Pro Maverick had excellent ratings with 4.5 out of 5 stars. Head light as well, allowing my hands to be fast at the net. Paddletek describes this paddle as being ideal for the control and touch style of player. You will merely think anything missing out for this pickleball paddle. Thats why more affordable paddles are usually preferred for beginners. This is a good price point for an intermediate paddle that will last you through at least a season and maybe two. Pickleball is played with a paddle and perforated ball with 26-32 holes (indoor) or 40 holes (outdoor). The paddle met the expectations of most users. Check Price. An easy-grip is facilitated by a thinner circumference. For indoor and using indoor balls I need something with a bit more power for deep returns so i use a Bantam EXL and its a noticeable difference for me. Total comfort and control." Control every game! No matter how much it may seem like a power paddle, it is not one. The word consistency immediately comes to mind when I think of a control paddle; being able to consistently place the ball with the perfect spin and finesse on the court. Generally, Paddletek tempest wave pro is a good product built to last long.