GOG.com is a digital distribution platform an online store with a curated selection of games, an optional gaming client giving you freedom of choice, and a vivid community of gamers. If you can intercept the pirate before he returns to his hideout, you can plunder your goods back! All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries. The trade map will give you the choice of towns to trade with, a fully completed map is here, choose a few towns close to each other (preferably all with permits) and click on each of them once then click edit, you can make the captain trade the way he wants if you want but it is strongly recommended that you don't, instead, choose manual . The biggest thing about the DLC is that it allows you to build ships on your own but does not allow you to customize the ship which was a bit disappointing. I hope they make another one. Metal While there is a whole bunch of resources and commodities that your ships trade between the colonies, there are exotics that are pooled at Governor and Viceroy ports for the treasure fleets to Export back to Europe. It's the sequel to 2012's Port Royale 3: Pirates & Merchants.Port Royale 4 adds new features, new commodities to trade, and a revamped fame system that tasks players with delivering goods to treasure ships. I originally tried to build up Curacao but I got Caracas instead. I see a lot of 7 month old posts on this subreddit about the combat being impossible. But they also have less hp and damage potential so I go with military frigates for those. All rights reserved. One of the biggest complaints I have seen about Port Royale 3 is that Trading is the only way to make money in the game. Been a while since I played but I think I shoot for 20%+ profit. As a pirate game veteran, I don't destroy ships, I capture as many of them as possible. in warehouse A i had 1000 corn and in warehouse B i had 0. Buy a cheap ship, pinnace or fluyt, and set it to autotrade. The Brothel is supposed to reduce pirate attacks. I have now played a bit of port royale 3 and I have found that it is easier to make gold in this one than the previous one. Enemy manueverability goes down a great deal while their sails are down. FINDING HIDEOUTS - You either follow a pirate to his hideout or you pay off some guy in a tavern to pinpoint the location, then you just afk a convoy at that spot until a pirate enters his hideout. you need to go to the viceroy and attack and take over an enemy town to get a town for yourself and you have to keep attacking enemy towns to get more land and towns also before you can attack towns for a viceroy you need to make sure you have a letter of marque. As the ship is emptied on the distribution route, you can have them "pick up" the items you're stashing in quantities enough to increase income. Nibz11 11 yr. ago that explains it, thanks The large well will prevent fires. I'll give that a try. If I had one route, the closure of one of the ports that supply the metal and wood would cripple production. Thanks! Zombiechild, I Once again captured it from the Dutch but this time I had to fight several defender fleets and towers. The strategy we will be using is basically to send the ship. Using Port of Spain as an example again, Guadalupe which is 3 days away produces bread. Sorry this is old, but you click left on the directional pad until you get to the right most option for your ship in the bottom right of screen. Once all of the locks are in place, I increased the capacity to 40 warehouses. When you destroy a pirate lair, you get popularity across the board from all 4 nations; England, Spain, France, Holland. Huh. Corn This gives me an indicator of what actually arrives here without having to check my supply ships. I popped about 9 trophies. Needs: I've been working on one or two trade routes and managed to make quite alot of money by implementing them in new games. and selling goods to the town on the right. It was not long before I got the hang of it. More on that later. Tools READ: Port Royale 4 Manual Trade Routes - Price Guide. If a trade route that used to be profitable is suddenly in the negatives (it does happen), that means you need to amend your route. Note that it is VERY important that you select "max" for all goods for both buying and selling, unless you specifically want to disable them for some reason. Find them all and periodically kill the convoys anchored there. Then I sent my military convoys out to kill some pirates in their hideouts to stop the war that Holland declared on me. I didn't start fighting until the pirates showed up. So you get rep and money in return for building your own buildings >=D, PIRATES - So now the pirates show up. So what I did was have a Pinnace, or Sloop go from Belize to Nombre de Dios to Tortuga picking up 2X as much metal as it does wood since it takes 1 wood and 2 metal to make a metal good. It's obnoxious that Port Royale 3 only tells you "Route Disabled" without telling you WHY. It sounds complex but the whole process takes about 20 seconds. I'll slow down and the capture process begins. Since my warehouses 5 of them usually) are set to block 5 items form selling to town and 200 items to give to my supply ships, they'll always have between 5-200 of whatever is supplied. All of this born from a deeply rooted love for games,utmost care about customers, and a belief that you should own the things you buy. What this does is "back up" the first route so if a port is closed due to locusts or hurricanes, the second one can usually get in once the closure is lifted. That is pretty much normal in the adventure campaign. That allows any quantity over 1,000 to be sold locally to keep the locals happy. I have bricks at New Orleans and Havana. The routes I have that do selling under the "My Strategy" option, are designated with an "S" prefix. So in synopsis; set up a raw materials re-supply route and tweak it until it is profitable. Wood It's easy! I tried to get governor towns in all clusters but gov towns switch around because of war so things change a lot. We started out small by setting up a trade route. If it was not for that guy, I would have abandoned the game and never played any of the sequels. The next step is to have trade routes take the goods to the towns and deplete the stockpiled quantities making sure they return unsold quantities to the warehouse. I'm explaining a more beginner-style usually works 99% of the time method that requires you to repair after a few fights.). This guide will help you maximize more profit by setting up a trade route verses allowing a captain to determine what is traded between ports. Combat in Port Royale 4 is turn-based, letting up to eight ships fight in a single engagement. I made it my hometown and got a wife there who tells me that there is something special in the water. When you build stuff, build a lot. Above and beyond is that you can set up food routes with Wheat, Sugar, Fruits, Corn (as well as Meat, Cocoa, Bread) to visit all towns where you have set up production. Your ships are what you need to trade in the game. Good are sold by pulling up the merchant menu. Be sure to set the trade route preference to "Profit". What I like to do is almost focus on clothing first out of Tampa and St. Augustine since the "feeder ports" of Pensacola and Ft. Caroline are so close by. Tampa has a lot of indigenous populations which make expansion difficult. Usually I find a cluster of 3 towns that are self sustaining (produce every good efficiently), and set up a trade route between those three towns. I get the mechanics of itit's the supply and demand system that's maddening. The player's primary goal is to amass as much wealth and assets as possible. For this purpose, heavily armed convoys regularly come from Europe to bring new settlers, but also to pick up export commodities and other treasures. Two different single player campaigns: Adventurer and Trader Naval battles, raids, plundering and invasions await the Adventurer, while the Trader will develop trade routes and the economy to earn glory, fortune and power 16 different ship types, such as powerful Galleons or versatile Frigates Set Sugar to max unload with a min sell value of 85. So if you take over New Orleans, France is going to close it's ports to you. When you are done with that, tell all of the other towns to copy the instructions from previous town. Since you're prepping the enemy ships for capture, you neuter them, once neutered, they can't hurt you, so you win. Honestly I don't see this game being a problem to plat. -I'm not sure why clothing sells for so much in the game but it does. I set up a trade route from North America with Dye and cotton and transport both down there (on multiple routes of course). The raw materials routes started with a RM. The Indian Ocean Trade network linked China and Indonesia with India, the Arab world, and East Africa for thousands of years. It's easy! Add another Tampa stop, followed by another Port St. Joe Stop, Repeat #4 twice so at the end, you have 4 stops in Tampa and 4 in Port St. Joe. BUILDING REP BY BUILDING - Reputation is low at the start and it decays down to 25%. Now, if you have any warehouses along the route, you can set up warehouse interactions, like dropping off excess goods, or picking up goods from other trade routes. However, what I did was save the route when I sat it up and then duplicated it with an identical ship once I got it to be profitable. I get to around 11 million gold and then I start losing money from trading routes and workers, what are some of the best trading routes? I found out I need to have a bigger convoy to carry additional special cannonballs. Explores risk management in medieval and early modern Europe, HOW TO USE 'ATTACK MY TARGET' - This feature seems a bit iffy. Because I use faster, more manueverable ships for my AI buddies, they get hit a lot less so the damage taken/given ratio goes up in my favor by a great deal. Why do many companies reject expired SSL certificates as bugs in bug bounties. I advise that you think of them like any other resource in the game. If you choose profit your reputation will flop everywhere. Set sail and join the colonial powers of Spain, England, France, and the Netherlands in their fight for supremacy of the Caribbean in the 17th century. - With the Harbor master DLC, you get to build your own ships. Summary: Set sail and join the colonial powers of Spain, England, France and the Netherlands in their fight for supremacy of the Caribbean in the 17th century. You will be able to acquire sugar and wood for production. This is a basic set up covered in the tutorial. They stopped working once I took some cities but at that point I hadn't any gold issue anymore due to the tax. It just doesn't seem like I can make any money. Espaol - Latinoamrica (Spanish - Latin America), http://forum.kalypsomedia.com/showthread.php?tid=14664, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYSKWIhilgM. Once I got the hang of it it's a lot of fun too. EXPLOSIVE BARRELS - I hardly ever use them. z o.o. I build 20 more distilleries. I started off doing solo trading, buying low, selling high. To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. So there's a neutering process and a capturing process. Using military corvettes seems to fix that problem a bit because their draught is zero. These routes are automated convoys that take the constant checking out of your hands and give the tasks to a Captain. As a trading sim, Port Royale 4 revolves around building ships and buying goods at a favourable price in one town, and selling your goods somewhere else where prices are high. You might consider adding a "home port" to your route so that the ship can unload the excess goods, to be picked up by a convoy trading on a different route in a different region. Open the "My Strategy" tab. Now R2 over to the section that shows a green arrow pointing from the port to your ship. (Caveat: some people prefer to run with one ship only and do very long battles. In "Port Royale 4" you will take control of a colony as a young and ambitious governor who is eager to learn what it takes to manage and grow his small settlement into a bustling trader city. So now I have one cluster of towns with warehouses set to not buy anything but sell everything at about 120%. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Send the convoy to New Orleans (or any of the other 3 ports) and pick up max bricks or half and half wood/bricks. Like in the example above, I have it set up to where I need approximately 960 metal and 480 wood every 10 days. Once you get your Letter of Marque, attack all of the ports of that nation while you have that letter--one at a time of course. Produces: Be sure to set the trade route preference to "Profit". You can adjust the minimum price downward to make sure you're over-stocking the town and thus, if the manual is correct, get a steady and dependable supply of sailors that you can put on your warship convoys to invade towns or send more workers to ports where you're expanding production. It is an amazing game once you get past the steep learning curve. n/a. The invasion convoys I use to take over towns all start with a "Z" so they show up at the bottom of the sort list. This guide will help you maximize more profit by setting up a trade route verses allowing a captain to determine what is traded between ports. What will likely happen is that when you set up industry, ports that are near that industry often produce the same goods. I got annoyed and started to aggressively learn to battle. For example, a route that was set up for Prosperity started with a P. So I had a route called P-MID CAR. Open your supply convoy that you sat up as described above. There's a max (I think) of 6 hideouts/pirates on the map. What is the purpose of non-series Shimano components? I don't have the notes with me right now since I haven't played the game in a while (problems with random crashing) but here are a few tips I remember off the top of my head. I did missions for administrators to raise rep with Spain, but over time,t he towns in my clusters were captured by other nations.