New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Dangerous days for a woman when she is theoretically able to get pregnant are four to five days before ovulation, on the day of ovulation and the day after it (while the egg lives). Thanks, coach_gurl31497246 Please note that transferring sperm to a partner is possible not only through the male intimate organ but also through the hands and other objects used during RSI. I don't know to what extent other women use the pullout method in conjunction with condoms as opposed to using solely the pullout method (with or without cycle tracking), but I actually feel a stronger bond with my partner because that trust has to be there. We do not endorse non-Cleveland Clinic products or services. Among married couples, the failure rate is 20% per year. Even though the pull-out method will reduce the pregnancy chance, women still need to avoid sexual intercourse during the ovulation period. All it takes is one slight miscalculation on your partners part. I wouldn't worry 'too' much. Last edited 17/3/19. If you took sex ed at school, you probably heard that the pull-out method was an unreliable and risky form of contraception. Youll still need to protect yourself against STIs. Some people might consider this a natural method, but withdrawal is not acceptable to the Roman Catholic Church. Whether sperm enter the vagina from a strong ejaculatory spurt, an ejaculation ooze, or from precum, each sperm travels the same route by the same method. Franny4966 Get prescriptions or refills through a video chat, if the doctor feels the prescriptions are medically appropriate. , pure and simple. No method is 100% reliable, and the pull-out method is less reliable than most other methods. And after having gone through that experience, not only have I never gone off the pill, but it also infuriates me how dumb some of my friends are that haven't learned from what happened to me. (pdf), HEALTHY CHOICES FOR FERTILITY CONTROLA Couple's Guide to Better Birth Control, Conscientious Contraception, and Sensible Sexuality,