Ian Bennett, Hereford (08/11/2005). 1977-82. Two were for the programmes; one was for the commercials. Un afecto grande desde estos lejanos lugares. Many thanks for this webpage! It was good to hear Noel Edmunds' programme about the history of Radio Luxembourg on Radio Two recently. Best regards Best Regards Herten/Germany (26/04/2003). I have been trying to find a JIMMY YOUNG B SIDE ie ---FAITH--- but no luck. (11/01/2005). And still is. W POLSCE DLA NIEJEDNEJ OSOBY JESTECIE KULTOWI.MAM JEDNAK PROBLEMY Z ODBIOREM WAS W INTERNECIE. Thank You Radio Luxemburg very much. 192. Radio Luxemburg bood at all times because of the interference with other stations (at the Middle East, if I'm not mistaken). Dear Barry, your program is excellent. 208 always was my absolute favourite for so many years back then when I was a youngster. Brilliant! 493. Please ressurect these abandonded SW, LW and MW spectrum. ich wrde mich sehr freuen,- wenn ich vom einen oder anderen der deine I listened to Radio Luxembourg every night from 1958 until 1962 when I made the mistake of becoming religious and deserted 208. Mic Ham Perth, Downunder (14/03/2004). Exellent! Van Keep this unique site alive. uitzendingen en later ook de Duitse. I found a closedown recording by Bob Stewart. Please help? Bona! BBC to "get with it" even then set back 464. Would you like to help me and send information, where I can find a Top List of RL - 1967-1972. Liverpool England (09/07/2003). How I used to love those nights of listening to 208 Radio Luxemburg. Eerst met een oude lampenradio(BELL), later met een transistor kofferradio(NOVAK)en dan onder de lakens met een oortelefoontje. Alan Bailey Thank you so very, very much from the deep of my heart! Jaggu Ani Juliet movie songs download list. I visited your Web site after finding it through the US Radio Lux. Always enjoy visiting this great wee website coz it brings back so many great musical memories! Now Im trying to start a project to collect all the singles presented on the top twenty charts from the years 1962- 1970. 533. Atviras Pi-Pe 10:00-20:00 e 10: . a long afternoon at 38 Hertford Street (208 London Studio's) Just to let You know. That programme was never handed over too willingly! That was wonderful time.Thank you!!! 283. Mike Craig Frinton on sea Essex UK (19/08/2006). I listened to radio Luxembourg on 208M Sweden (09/04/2002). right hand side. Almere, NL (08/07/2012). 837. Caversham, England (04/04/2003). Roger Browne Sure brings back memories of other nights in Dublin. Tuning in at night with my old valve radio, especially during my student days. some of those power plays still come into my head from time to time. Suddenly Thanks for your pioneering radio moved ahead in leaps and bounds. Play / pause. The station is in my opinion really a "phoney". Jeanne Hampton With practically no pop on Swiss radio in those years (the 60s and 70s) I was elated when, late at night, listening secretly in my room, I discovered RL! I am crazy about charts of radio luxemburg, I joined right now, I want to collect all the charts especially 1968-1973 i started to listen music in september 1968 and the first song was nights. So at night I listened to Luxembourg 208 although the reception was most of the time terrible. I'm 57. But today more than 50 years after I started Listening to Lucky Luxemburg I happened to buy an LP of Steve Conway (not the Caroline guy:) ) in a second hand shop with two tracks with the Hasting Girls choir and orchestra conducted by Peter Green. Ken Crossland Tony Osborne Thanks for the memories on this terrific website. Szczecin, Poland (27/10/1998). I was "summer relief" for two or three years at the Villa Louvigny! Oh, how wonderful is to see the site! Woud love to know. I'm 42 years old now, and seem to be thinking more and more about "my yoof" ;) and Radio Luxembourg is a big part of those memories. I always hated the Beatles, and as it happens I still do. See reaction nr. Thanks for such an interesting page. Ral. 193. 549. great site great memories takes me back years and years back under the blankets listening to all the hits ah the memories. Brilliant. That time I met 176. Columbia SC ()26/10/2009). Used to love listening to Gracie Fields on Radio Lux. Roger Turner Tony Hall show, Louisiana (18/11/2001). My best wishes to everyone. I recall so many things while reading this. I used to listen on a radio my brother made up. Budapest / Hungary (05/06/2006). Aleksandar Kocic left school. Valencia, Spain (14/10/2011). Ireland (05/08/2002). The rest is history. After that there was only Radio Mi Amigo during the daytime and Hilversum3. Great to see a site devoted to Luxembourg. . The Postal Bingo Show. Vienna, Austria (20/07/2001). 203. seem to loose it's magic then! Venice, Italy (08/01/2008). stronger and indeed become listenable. eyes at me for Emile Ford Pye ja. 415. became better in the middle of the night. But nothing could spoil my love of pop music and fashion. on sunday night, they counted down the top 10 from england. Jacqui Carter Roy Murray After him Only thanks to Radio Luxembourg we were able to keep up . However I also still have the reel to reel tapes which must contain music recorded either from 60's or 70's tv music programmes or 'pick of the pops. Thanks! Belated greetings Dick. Check out the club page of our DX club: www.ddxlk.net (in Danish but with interesting features) Thanks for helping me to remember good times. Eivind Motland, Svanevn 17, N - 4300 Sandens, Norway. I looked after them, you know who were my regular customers. At the time, there was no 'pop' music to be had in It was a real wonder for me,living in the USSR behind the iron curtain, to listen to R.L.sometimes at midnigt, when radiowave propagation was relatively good. Irena Sidlauskiene I don't think it would be a succes today. A great site. Oak Park, California (08/06/2002). I was an engineer on all Jimmys programmes. Atlanta, USA (18/10/2008). On a par with "Deck of Cards" in my opinion but there's no accounting for taste ;-) your website is very intresting and really sends me on a great nostalgic trip. 102. 563. (19/11/2000). It would do better to put it out on a pan-european basis with a massive widespreading omnidirectional beam covering all four corners of Europe from the UK in the northwest to Turkey Greece and Cyprus in the southeast, and from the Canary Islands, Spain and Portugal in the south west right up to bordering Russia in the north east and from Scandinavia right across to the extreme south of italy and the various holiday islands and destinations of the Southern Med. This site is one of the best i have seen on the internet,a treasure for all of us nostalgics:) 429. Portencross (13/02/2001). Many thanks for such an entertaining visit. Hallo Dick, het is fantastisch dit alles te lezen over radio Luxemburg. In Stavanger we could only listen to Radio Luxembourg after dark because of atmospheric conditions. Chris Bainbridge Oslo - Norway (29/08/2002). radio shows from 38 Hertford Street, as many as 14 a week. The End of the Day A Great story - I was one of the London Producers Circa '61/62 - "Smash Hits" Bob Monkhouse and Dennis Goodwin; Teddy Johnson and Pearl Carr; The Shadows; Acker Bilk, etc; etc; I remember Don Moss 'Drive Time', Produced the Max Factor Show and a wide variety of others. Norwich, England (02/11/2009). I can remember driving up the A1 to the sounds of 208 in the sixties as I travelled home from uni. 1959 -1960 could be fun. He played the discs and the commercials - the announcer could only do the talking and indicate when the next item was to be played. 226. Thank you all, The Nostalgia Central website has been a labour of love for me since 1998. I could go on forever about how radio 248. Myra Rowe What wonderful times. All the evenings were spent listening to the (then)only source of popular music available in the UK - Radio Luxembourg, I still have fond memories of "The Station of the Stars" and "208 metres." England (05/03/2006). Muffled the sound with a cushion so my parents wouldn't know I'd sneaked downstairs. I've heard so much about the Radio Lumembourg program and searched the web and found your website. Jackie Carvill Aub. Hearing 208 "The Station of the Stars" in the Azores 1872 miles away from the transmitter, with Hughie Green and Michael Miles ("Do you open the box or double your money?)" influenced my tastes in music. Thanks! Then it went, I still have the last 3 hours of the station recorded onto video tape so there would be no breaks. Mike Grant Chard, England. wetter abhngig. The whole engineer's room looks like it was just Still in radio streaming 7 days a week KWXY.dot com sat/sun 12 - 6p pacific = mon/fri 10= 2p pacific; from Palm Springs,California Question "How do you spell keynsham" (horace bachelor commercial). Mark Pollitt ,Jacksonville, Florida (25/11/1999). 114 - Radio Luxembourg - 30 Second Jingle Mix - Muff Murfin. 398. By the way: His name was Peter Koelewijn. Hi. James Morrissey Great site. The worst thing too, if I left it on as I did many times. Uncategorized. I use to listen to 208 from early 1960's Benidorm - Espaa (05/10/2006). Stargard Szczecinski,-western Poland (24/02/2000). 827. 170. I liked her show because every night she would feature a birthday spotlight of a famous music person born on that day and give a little history of the person and play a few tunes by them. Terry Cosier 697. I listened to all RL Top Twenty programmes between 1962 and 1969 (when I had to 16. I started to listen to Radio Luxemburg in the early sixties in rnskldsvik 698. I was listener from 1971-1976, in secret (GDR). Horsham, Sussex, England (15/12/2009). Hi! I have tried to contact Kid Jensen 49. I managed to get a t-shirt Christopher Sims Paul Kaare Sorensen Now I am 50 years old. This last one had a fantastic music signal, which I ve been chasing ever since. Love to hear from anyone in New Zealand. Beste Dick, een geweldige site!!! Great sitebrings back wonderful memories of listening under the bedclothes to the Station of the Stars :) Hai Dick. Paignton, USA (16/12/2010). Steve Monk Western Australia (13/11/2003). Hi, back in dublin, in the early sixties when radio luxembourg was always on our dial. 43. and followed the Top Twenty charts every week, although reception conditions gordon mccreary 367. Fabulous web site about 208. Sputnik At But I was very glad that they gave me a copy of the famous Top Twenty Tune! etc.Thank you from my heart for the best years of my life. 39. I remember for example his voice from little gold pocket transy connected by wire to central heating (Brno city, 1963 - 1965). Beiarn,Norway (30/09/2006). must have them still? Like all first time fathers I was nervous, because my long awaited son was about to arrive in this world. which I have paid tribute to on the following page: www.leicesteroverseas.com/Foursights.htm I`d like to aire the excerpt on my radio show and share my seet memories of the 60`s with our listeners. I was then 14 years old. dag uit,bestaat die fantastiche zender nog?? came across The Station Of The Stars, Radio Luxembourg at 208 Meters. Accrington, Lancashire, UK (21/02/2001). artist was. Slavko Dekovic Ik vond het ontzettend leuk nog weer eens naar een originele oude He froze and did nothing. Wholesale "7 Fragen stellt der Franz" was a weekly quiz, where I sometimes wan some 45 singles. We recommend to enable all cookies to guarantee the website properly work. Den Haag, Holland (11/01/2005). gong. 208 almost three thousand miles away. 566. I've been a regular listener to Radio Luxembourg Denmark (14/01/20001). Atlanta, USA (23/01/2010). What ever happened to Horace Bachelor Keysham, that's K-E-Y-S-H-A-M Bristol. Best wishes, Mary Payne Tircoed, centre of the universe! I'm making a cd with all these wonderful tunes, and I need the theme to be track one. bezoeken/een kijkje nemen en de echte radio luxambourg antennes zien,dat zou echt te gek zijn,om dat te mogen zien Wojtek Newelski I visited Tony Prince in the UK studios long time ago and got a cassette recording of the top 40. I grew up listening to Mike Hollis. 408. Thank you for initiating such a wonderful tribute site to enable us to keep these golden memories for ever. De foto's geven een aardig beeld van de tijd van toen. Biuras (+372) 6 477 777. Nicky Turner Bob Skene Now I am collector of DVD from seventies especially from music of the bands like Slade, Sweet, Suzi Quatro and many more. Box 115, Farley, Iowa 52046, U.S.A. (16/03/1999). I liked your site. And for Manfred in Florida, the song is "The Deal" but I can't remember the performer. Thanks for putting this site together and for maintaining it. zend radio-luxambourg nu nog elke and graet music. I remember I was listening to 208 in late 80s. Thanks; Gus Rankin Great site. Thanks for including me. 20 (15) Long & Winding Road (Ray Morgan), August 23rd, 1970 Luxy's top 20 (the first to begin with the number 20), 20 (-) Apartment 21 (Bobbie Gentry) Budapest, Hungary (08/11/2011). Merv James 832. Svein Lokegaard ISRAEL (21/05/2002). Our playlist stores a RTL Luxembourg track list for the past 7 days. but there were times when it would grow Radio Luxembourg and me, that was the greatest time in the seventies.Thank's for the nice time. And does anybody know if there are some jingles left from the 'Nederlandsche TOP 50' on sundays before the English program started? It is now a government office but I wish I could have gone inside to see where the studios were. I was born in '58 in Clacton and grew up in High Wycombe. You know, as soon as I hear first accords of those times songs at present 596. Did you know your audio is on my site? 762. Toen Annemarie Coebergh bij Hakan Almroth Karlskrona, Sweden (28/05/2004). Es war ja nicht einfach in dem Regime, diesen Sender zu hren. Street, W1. Thank you for sharing all the 208-memories with us. I do not however have a photo budget so it would have to be a no-fee situation. Cathedral" She has fond memories of Radio Luxembourg and the artists around at the time. Today, Radio lives on, in the car and in the workplace as background noise or something to kill time to. Pop. Brian Pabst Luxembourg at night. 476. Long live Luxembourg 208 - in our hearts it will. 728. Dear, Dick! They played things like Floyd, Purple, Genesis, Yes, etc. I'm trying now since 35 years to find that song. Toronto, Canada (12/06/2010). That is where I first heard the news of the Lockerbee Plane crash! I used to listen a lot to 208 in the late 60's and I'm still looking for recordings from that time. Site (which I accessed for the first time tonight), I just wanted to say that I did exactly the same as many of your fans! 208 is probably most famous, among the general British public, for its naff (even by 60s standards) commercials and, in particular, for one advertising a company called - as the ad said, ten times a night - "Horace Batchelor, of Keynsham, spelt K E Y N S H A M, Bristol. 379. That was many years ago! Congratulations Dick! Rancho Mirage, CA, USA (09/04/2001). I have a off air last night recording on medium wave on sync AM i often listen to it i recorded it on a vhs video on the linear sound track i later copied it to mini disc. What was the closing song sung by Bing Crosby during the 60's? West Point, MS, USA (21/08/2008). 859. Hoi Dick. Greetings from Poland to You, all people from R. Luxy and all fans of that incredible radiostation. 30. Luxemburg kwam was Christina daar al Was wondering if we might be related in some way. When I was a young boy of 11 ( now I'm 60 ) years old I got a small room under the roof of our house for my own - and grandma's old tube radio. Norfolk, United States (27/01/2010). are annoncing Connie Francis,(she's still my number 1. Peter Kirianczyk 19 (6) A Song Of Joy (Miguel Rios) The commercial ads London (20/11/2007). maar ook dat was niet ideaal, As a teenager, it was because of Radio Veronica that I started to take an interest in your country, and to try to learn something of the Dutch language. The first time I heard Radio Luxembourg was in Jan of 1955. the following address: I've got a new Mayah2010 DRM portable and am getting the all-day tests now centred on 7295kHz DRM-SW from 09:00-17:00 UK with excellent results and reception! Any material from the station is always most welcome to see. Jan I started listenning to 208 back in 1965 to prefer British music scene to tough stalinist regime. Hilversum, the Netherlands (30/8/1999). 225. Sad to see stn has gone. Vielleicht weit du es 463. Sometimes it was not easy to find Luxembourg because its signal would fade and start fighting with a Russian station for supremacy and the little AM radio I was using had a fiddley tuning control. 132. I have been in the USA since 1973 and am now a US citizen. !best regards sadly long gone now but never forgotten,. Michal mono valve tape recorders. 17 (-) Tell It All Brother (K.Rogers & 1st Edit) Thanks. Knut Folkestad Trondheim, Norway (30/03/1998). Carole Quirk Nov 2021 - Present1 year 5 months. funeral tributes wairarapa. Radio Luxembourg started with the I am 30 years old today and I still tune the 208 metres once in a while, waitig for some day listenig again the Bob's Stewart jingles: Radio Luxembourg - The World's Biggest Commercial Radio Station. Surrey, Canada (09/10/2008). co.kildare, Ireland (15/05/2010). Congratulations ! I remember RL in '62. 64. 540. I listened to "The Great 208" throughout the 60's while my father was stationed throughout Europe. 826. Bob Stewart (I lived in England then) when my brother and I discovered Radio Luxembourg. Hans Werner Finking 75. charts und ich versuchte an einem sonntag nachmittag das deutsche Benny Brown Oakland. brings back lovely memories of my childhood. At the age of 14, I was in a hotel room in Odense, Denmark at the end of a holiday, (28/06/1998). Hi, everyone! Used to listen to 208 in the 50's while I was supposed to be asleep. Great site. It was the best one. Maryport, United Kingdom (17/07/2012). Which frenkvency is now of Radio Luxemburg? Pedr ap Ioan (Peter Sinclair) And the legend lives on!! He had just as great time as I had 40 years ago - thanks to Radio Luxemburg!! Sofia -Bulgaria (21/01/2002). Popular Genres. Im a Brit whos lived in Spain since 1968. THANK YOU! Hungary,Budapest (20/02/2003). island in Scotland had ever listened to it. It brought many memories of the mid sixties when I lived in Germany and the long cold winter nights. Bob Haines Would love to know what it was. It was the time of the darkest communist dictatorship, when anything coming from the "imperialist western world" was not welcome-to make it simple! 704. (NB. It was very strange that he always started with number one. 41. Sincerely yours, I was a keen 208 listener 1971-1980. Winter time signal was clear but summer time heat nearly wipped it out. This is one of the very best radio sites ever. Found this site by accident whilst looking for a luxembourg memoribillia site as wife has signed pics 5 djs on 1 page of Kid Jensen,Bob stewart,PaulBurnett,Tony Prince and David Christian.bought back so many happy memories please start on internet would be great to hear again ,same jingles etc lol thanks again for bringing back so many happy memories. Leeds UK (27/10/2001). What great memories. 1981, DJ at the Blow Up, drank at Pub 13 Agency: World Wide Entertainment Agency, 8 Rue Pierre Witry, Strassen, Luxembourg. 1966 I ws able to go on summer holidays to London, officially to learn the language, in fact to get the right gear from Carnaby Street - with the result that the girls at home laughed at me because I wore what they called "high-water-trousers" and female-like boots. 172. 829. 862. I used to listen to Luxembourg in North V i t Zdenek Thank you Mr. Offringa very very much. Zoldo Alto, Italy (27/12/2009). A truly wonderful site, brought back so many happy memories, you have brought a tear to my eyesmy evenings as a young child on Tyneside in the early 1960s, listening to Luxembourg under the bed coversthe tunes from the 1962 chart made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up! 4. The memories came back.I have not heard this tune for 40 years but' it was always going round in my head. Jempi Enjoy. updates from the no.1 radio station then and now BRING IT BACK!!!!! I listened to my transistorradio under the blanket to the tune of Radio Lux Top Twenty. In Paris, Bordeaux, Barcelona, Tunisia it could be heard (with the usual fades, part of the fun) late at night. Just found your site, its great to see it. I always went to sleep listening to it when stationed at RAF Chicksands. 260. classic much missed station from the 60's so many memories.. Gigs at the Pavilion, the youth club at the Tec, waiting for me after school - and loads and loads of records at your house. Hello!! English transmissions on the famous 208 medium-wave for ever. just great. I've been searching for his 'Go Get It' track for years - was the other side of 'Like Lazy', I think. I went to Radio Luxembourg today and found him. (NB. Remember listening every night with my friend Jacqueline while we played scrabble at home in Eastbourne, Sussex. 288. hallo, toen ik 10 jr was zat ik altijd met mijn transistorradio,tje onder de dekens naar radio-luxambourg te luisteren,jullie waren toen fantasties Fun website. 374. ich knnte hier noch ewig weiter Sweden (04/09/2003). Thanks. By Language.