The only hint of negative publicity Carter drew came a few years ago when he appeared to be campaigning for the Mets' managing job though it was already filled. Robert Gene Carter has died. Robert Carter, the father of pop stars Nick and Aaron Carter, died of an apparent heart attack on May 16, 2017 at 65 years old. The person in question was a member of the opening act, and apparently, Aaron didn't appreciate that he was taking photos with fans and making noise while Aaron was beginning his performance. The Carter family previously weathered another tragedy when Nick and Aaron's sister Leslie passed away from a drug overdose in 2012. Actor Robert Guillaume arrives at the red carpet opening night of 'The Phantom of the Opera' at the Pantages Theatre on June 17, 2015 in Hollywood, California. Nick has said on many occasions that he felt used by his parents. Aaron Carter Children Daughter Leslie Barbara Carter (b. . (Turner), Fox News Channel and radio host Alan Colmes passed away February 23 after a brief illness at the age of 66. The Carter family have seen their fair share of grief in the past decade. No one was on base and New York was trailing Boston 5-3 in the bottom of the 10th inning in Game 6. His first All-Star appearance came that year, in 1975, as a defensive replacement in left field for Pete Rose. Not much is heard and known about the celebrity mother of Nick and Aaron Carter. Thank goodness for that twin bond! "I am heartbroken to share the news that our father, Robert, passed away last night" Nick tweeted. "Gary's brave battle has ended, but his from-the-gut laughter will be heard and his vitality and spirit will be felt forever. Taelyn Dobson became Aaron's stepsister when his dad Robert Gene Carter married for the third time to Ginger R Elrod in 2003. He has always been fairly candid about his struggles with addiction, which included alcohol dependency, prescriptionmedication addiction and reliance on narcotics. Nick accused Aaron of harbouring thoughts of harming his then-pregnant wife, Lauren, and their unborn child. Robert also is survived by wife Ginger Elrod and their son, Kaden, Nick's mother, Jane, Aaron's twin Angel Carter and daughter Bobbie Jean, 35, and another daughter, Virginia, from a previous relationship. There are very few details about the cause of death but we know he died during the night on Tuesday, May 16th. The star's sister, Leslie Carter, died in 2012 from an overdose of prescription drugs. Carter played nearly two decades with the Mets, Montreal, San Francisco and the Los Angeles Dodgers. Bob seemed to have reconciled with most of his family members before his untimely death in 2017. Ron Galella, Ltd./Ron Galella Collection via Getty, Evan Agostini/ImageDirect, Kristy Leibowitz/Getty, Gabe Ginsberg/Getty, Nick Carter and Backstreet Boys Tearfully Honor Aaron Carter at London Concert: 'Heavy Hearts', Aaron Carter's Twin Sister Angel Pays Tribute After His Death: 'I Loved You Beyond Measure', Aaron Carter Dead: Looking Back at the Former Child Star's Ups and Downs, Aaron Carter Listed His Home for Sale a Month Before Sudden Death to Start a 'New Chapter', Lindsay Lohan Says She Has a 'Lot of Love' for Aaron Carter as She Remembers Ex Days After His Death, The Game Sends Love to Nick Carter After Brother Aaron's Death: He Was a 'Very Good Human', Nick Carter Reacts to Death of Younger Brother Aaron: 'My Heart Has Been Broken', Aaron Carter Filmed Sitcom Before His Death Cast and Director Moving Forward with Pilot Episode, Aaron Carter, 'LV' Artist and Former Child Star, Dead at 34, Aaron Carter's On-and-Off Fiance Melanie Martin Shares Tearful Reaction to Singer's Sudden Death, Hilary Duff Reacts to Ex Aaron Carter's Death: 'Boy Did My Teenage Self Love You Deeply', Aaron Carter's Fiance Melanie Martin Says Her Heart Is 'Completely Broken' After Singer's Death, Carrie Ann Inaba Remembers Former 'DWTS' Contestant Aaron Carter as 'One of the Brightest Lights', Celebrities React to Death of Musician Aaron Carter at Age 34: 'Just a Terrible Tragedy', Leslie Jordan Was More Than 2 Decades Sober: 'The Hardest Thing That I Ever Did'. Though the Carter children were very obviously talented, details about their troubled childhood and personal demons started to surface over time. He was born on April 3, 1942 in Detroit, IL to George Lee and Stella Howell Carter. "He was a part of our family and we thank you guys for all the love and all the well wishes and all the support.". (Photo by Michael Loccisano/Getty Images for Churchill Downs). Little brother Aaron became a tween pop and hip-hop star in the late 90's, very much aided by his older brother's powerful presence in the scene. (Photo by Frazer Harrison/Getty Images). Bobs two sons became teen idols in the 90s. Her brother, Aaron, was trying to help her get into a private detoxification program. (Photo by Angela Weiss/Getty Images), Actor Michael Mantenuto, seen in this 2004 photo, was found dead of an apparent suicide on April 27, 2017. he was 35. His father, Robert Gene Carter (better known as Bob), died from an apparent heart attack in 2017. (Photo credit should read -/AFP/Getty Images). Five kids is a lot, but it was only four pregnancies for Jane Carter, who had one set of twins in her lot of children. (Photo by Elsa/Getty Images), LOUISVILLE, KY - MAY 02: Actor Miguel Ferrer attends the 141st Kentucky Derby at Churchill Downs on May 2, 2015 in Louisville, Kentucky. The brothers announced the news on Twitter on Wednesday. "When you think of the great baseball field generals, you think Gary Carter," Hall of Fame president Jeff Idelson said in a statement. He was 90 ((Photo by Theo Wargo/Getty Images), Boston, circa 1976, from left: Sib Hashian, Fran Sheehan, Barry Goudreau, Tom Scholz and Brad Delp. This is the most difficult thing I have ever had to write in my entire life but I wanted you all to know," Carter's daughter, Kimmy Bloemers, wrote on the family website. The bronze plaque shows him with a toothy grin, too, forever the "Kid". (Photo by Bryan Bedder/Getty Images), Actress Glenne Headly passed away on June 8, 2017. Aaron Carter is opening up about his family tragedies. Bob Carter had at least two grandchildren, Alyssa Jane Ashton born in 2011 to Leslie Carter; and Odin Reign Carter, born in 2016 to Nick and wife, Lauren Kitt. Each card includes fields for the following items: soldiers name, residence, death date, cause of death, date . An aspiring pop singer herself, Leslie appeared on the reality TV show revolving around her family, aptly called House of Carters, which aired for a sole season in 2006. Nick skipped out, as he chose to celebrate his own co-ed party in Vegas the same weekend, which took him away from walking his little sister down the aisle, a task that Aaron stepped in for. Bob's daughter, Leslie, passed away tragically at the young age of 25, in 2012. Carter was a restless man who seldom stayed . His father, Robert Gene Carter (better known as Bob), died from an apparent heart attack in 2017. People Projects . In fact, he likened the pain he felt when he lost his father to that of losing his longtime pal. (Photo by Frazer Harrison/Getty Images for Coachella). Reports put his age at 65and his cause of death is still unknown. From his first marriage Bob Carter fathered daughter Ginger Carter-Daniels born in 1972. Bob . 2 min read. ", My heart is broken, We are so hurt we lost you poppa way too soon. Angel got married in 2014, and was walked down the aisle by Aaron, as the rest of the Carter gang opted out of attending her special day. Lauren, who is a personal trainer, married Nick in 2014 in a ceremony that few of Nick's family members attended. Nick Carter and Aaron Carter 's dad Robert Gene Carter, known as Bob, passed away suddenly at age 65 Tuesday. He also tweeted over the weekend that his family is larger than previously known. Aaron Carter met the king of pop, Michael Jackson when he was just a teenager, but the pair developed a long and deep friendship. Brother Aaron also had a very rough time with his addictions, leading him to be arrested on several occasions. Carter was elected to the Hall on his sixth try. (Photo: Travis Schneider), Jim Nabor passed away on November 30, 2017. Home of Ryan Seacrest, KIIS Jingle Ball and Wango Tango!. In response, bandmates AJ McLean, Howie Dorough and Brian Littrell rushed over to embrace him with Littrell offering his sleeve for Carter to wipe his eyes. Carter hit his first major league homer in September 1974 off future Hall of Famer Steve Carlton as a 20-year-old rookie -- Carter homered 11 times against the ace lefty, his top victim. As a young boy, he joined Zion Baptist Church in Lottsburg. Entertainment Television, LLC A Division of NBCUniversal. Actor Jay Thomas attends the 40th Anniversary St. Jude Hollywood Gala honoring Danny Thomas and the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital March 7, 2002 in Beverly Hills, California. He discussed how he hit rock bottom with his substance abuse issues, and went into detail about his unconventional family and their up and down relationship over the years. Check out the hottest fashion, photos, movies and TV shows! The new season of Marriage Boot Camp: Family Edition premieres Friday, Oct.11 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on WE tv. (Photo by Michael Buckner/Getty Images), Jordan Feldstein, the longtime manager of Maroon 5 and Jonah Hill's brother, has died at 40. TCM posted this tribute to their colleague. AFP PHOTO JOHN MACDOUGALL, Scholarly, genial, affable on-air host for Turner Classic Movies from the channel's inception in 1994, Robert Osborne, passed away on March 6, 2017, in New York City at the age of 84. Nick has been estranged from both of his parents Bob and Jane after long-standing family friction and revealed in 2015, I havent seen them in maybe seven or eight years.. This eventually settled on a solo shot of Aaron, with "Aaron Carter 1987-2022" shown in large text. 10 Things You Did Not Know About The Death Tarot Card, 18 Facts Nobody Knows About Aaron And Nick Carter's Family, Everything To Know About Greta Gerwig's Highly-Anticipated Barbie Movie, 10 Ways To Deal With Going Back To The Office, 10 Ways To Add A Pop Of Color To Any Outfit, Growing Up With John Gotti: 20 Things About Victorias Childhood, 15 Secrets The Queen Never Wants The World To Know, 10 Ways To Spend Time With Friends This Summer, Side-Gig 101: Everything You Need To Know Taking It On, 10 Uses For Back-Of-The-Door Hanging Storage, 15 Disgusting Rules Female Gymnasts Have To Follow, A Guide To Tinting Your Eyebrows & Which Method Is Right For You, 10 Essentials To Host The Perfect Wine Night With The Girls, Here's An Army Of 15 Women Who Look The Same, Why You Should Host A Weekday Wedding & How To Plan It, What Beauty Box Subscriptions To Look Out For In 2022. Carter stayed in baseball after his playing days ended. Website for moms seeking advice, community, and entertainment. He won the award in 1981 by homering twice in baseball's first game after a players' strike that lasted two months. In addition to Angel and Leslie, Aaron was also a sibling to brother Nick Carter and sister Bobbie Jean Carter, as well as half-sister Virginia Marie Carter, half-brother Kaden Brent Carter, and step-sister Taelyn Dobson. But that all changed when pop singer Melissa Schuman accused him of forcing himself on her, when she was just 18, and Nick was 22. After getting security to remove him, things took a turn for the worse. (R). Mets spokesman Jay Horwitz said Carter died at a hospice in the West Palm Beach, Fla., area. I will carry you with me until the day I die and get to see you again. Things seem to have gotten better over the years, and the siblings have gotten closer in the aftermath of the deaths of their sister Leslie, and their father, Bob. 9. He is the father to eight children; three sons and five daughters. (Photo by Ethan Miller/Getty Images for Caesars), John Wetton of the music group Asia died Jan. 31, 2017. Character actor and author Ji-Tu Cumbuka passed away on July 4, 2017, in Atlanta, after a long illness. The circumstances behind Aaron Carter's passing have not yet been made public. "My heart is completely shattered I'm in shock and I loved my dad so much," Aaron tweeted, sharing a picture of his father. Since then, only one player has gotten more in a World Series (Sandy Alomar Jr. had 10 for Cleveland in 1997). Three out of the five Carter children have had major struggles with substance dependency, and one sister, Leslie, tragically succumbed to her addiction in 2012. "His induction actually made me appreciate mine all the more.".