Royal Caribbeans award winning dining program, My Time Dining, offers flexible and traditional options. There is a $9.75 gratuity per day that is required and this actually covers not only the wait staff but your room steward. Enrollment required. Now, she helps over 1 million people per month to plan their perfect cruise holidays. Card Rating is based on the opinion of TPGs editors and is not influenced by the card issuer. 2010 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. They are per person. Earn 5X Membership Rewards Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year. *Please see all applicable Terms & Conditions for Promotions. If you dont like tipping in advance to your service, and you would rather leave generous tips individually, there is nothing stopping you from going the extra mile to tip your waiter or waitress each night you use the My Time Dining option. 0000905656 00000 n Theres also a dining hotline you can call from the phone in your stateroom to make changes to your reservations. Reservations arestronglyrecommended in order to avoid a delay in seating. Ships registered in the Bahamas. The flexibility of My Time Dining comes with responsibility. In many cases, the service charges are adjustable. If you have a smaller party, you might find that you do not have to wait as long as larger parties. If you keep things as they are, everyone who is supposed to be tipped, WILL be tipped. Opinions expressed here are the authors alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, airline or hotel chain, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Another method is to just simply show up at the Main Dining Room each night when you are ready to eat. Discover the culinary curiosities of Wonderland Imaginative Cuisine. I don't mind tipping for good service. One thing Ive read over and over again from people who really like My Time Dining is that they dont have to worry so much about what time dinner is. Editorial disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are the authors alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, airline or hotel chain, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. January 11, 2019 in Royal Caribbean Discussion. If you want to use My Time Dining you must pay for tips in advance. That's exactly the case with the Amex Platinum card. 0000913572 00000 n The included tip amount varies by cruise line, but is typically 15% to 20% of the bill. The same applies if you want to switch from My Time Dining back to traditional dining. If you dislike tipping on cruise ships, but can't afford to sail on an all-inclusive line, look for promotions when cruise lines with service charges throw in free gratuities as a booking incentive. Australians typically do not tip because the minimum wage in Australia is $20.33 AUD/hr ($14.56 USD/hr). If, for instance, you plan on staying late in port one day but still wish to eat in the Main Dining Room, you could make a reservation for later in the evening, rather than miss out on the experience because you have early dining. 0000015069 00000 n Maximum of 10 guests per reservation. Note that if you purchase a dining or beverage package, the cruise line will charge you gratuities based on a percentage of the package price. Privacy Policy | If you would like a specific waiter or table, they are more likely to be able to accommodate your request with advance reservations (however, please note this is based on availability). Guests may request a special table or waiter. We always choose My Time dinning. So for those who like some solitude, they may find that this more freestyle approach works better, but not everyone likes the NCL style of eating. However, spaces may be limited so it may not be possible if you leave it too late. 0000736746 00000 n 0000005956 00000 n Ive worked in the cruise industry since 2015 and now my blog helps over a million people to plan their cruises each month. Read more: Whats Included in a Royal Caribbean Cruise? The current welcome offer on this card is quite lucrative. This allows you to decide when you want to eat, and who you want to sit with, instead of traditional dining where you have set times and sit with the same group each day. I'm so sorry that this post wasn't useful for you! 0000755470 00000 n ;). We have had really wonderful waiters in the WJ, some that even remember my DH loves those ranger cookies and will bring him some when they see us. Online, you can only book My Time Dining for up to eight guests. They will be seated in one of the main dining rooms. 0000914358 00000 n You dont have to attend dinner at the same time, and you can arrange a table that works for you. But some people just want to eat with their own family. Your statement You cannot sign up for My Time Dining until you are on board the vessel is incorrect you can do this online when you book the Cruise. Some dont charge a service fee at all. Note, however, that this means you may not be able to have as flexible of a dining experience as you might be hoping for, especially if prime reservations have been secured in advance by other guests. This is where you'll not only be able to make your My Time Dining reservations, but also where you can reserve shore excursions, drink packages, and more. 0000844607 00000 n If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account. I am not trying to get out of tipping, I would like to be convinced that the automatic charge actually gets passed on to the crew?? ( use to happen frequently). In addition to this, an 18% gratuity is automatically added to all drinks, spa and salon services. 0000901714 00000 n but only parties of 20 or less can be seated at one time. 0000747552 00000 n 0000828837 00000 n So if I cancel my gratuities what will be added to my account for my time dining. Just head over to the Main Dining Room to speak with a head waiter, and they will assist you! Theyll be able to make recommendations based on what youve previously ordered and make sure your favourite drink is waiting for you, if you want them too. Also, once you have been seated and your meal is being served, no other guests will be sat at your table. 0000006312 00000 n Someone else that pays more will take up the slack for you. If you have multiple people in your stateroom or travel party, you can make multiple reservations each evening to accommodate everyone's preferences. My Time Dining usually begins around 6:00pm and lasts until 9:30pm, giving you a wide range of times to choose from. Gratuities haven't been going up "almost every year." | And, unlike the typical service fee or resort fee found at a land resort, they are not per room. All sent to your inbox. A list of those who do this is available to the staff. 0000812508 00000 n Any amount is fine and will be appreciated by the hard-working crew. Copyrights |, www.royalcaribbean.ae is part of Royal Caribbean Arabia owned by Safeen Tourism LLC the Sole Middle East Representative of Royal Caribbean International, 2023 All Rights Reserved | ROYAL CARIBBEAN ARABIA. 0000022110 00000 n Dont worry: When lines offer such deals, it doesnt mean the crew will receive fewer tips the week you cruise. Still, not all lines have service fees that high. Not every ship has it though, so you should check out their website to see if your ship will offer this service if you are interested. 0000006679 00000 n 0000916923 00000 n 0000737875 00000 n At the same time, you will be able to add prepaid gratuities and vacation protection, if you choose to do so. Started in 2010, Royal Caribbean Blog offers daily coverage of news and information related to the Royal Caribbean cruise line along with other relevant topics of cruising, such as entertainment, news, photo updates and more. Your automatic gratuities also cover your cabin steward and other behind the scenes personnel; not just dining room staff. 0000898322 00000 n When you log into the Cruise Planner, all you have to do is navigate to the "Dining" tab and scroll down until you see "My Time Dining.". 0000421346 00000 n 0000006358 00000 n Enrollment required. Reservations are highly recommended, as the wait time can be long if you choose to eat during the prime dinner hours of 6:30-8:00pm. If your line raises the rate between the time you pay and the time you sail, you wont pay more. If you tip personally in cash, those people must turn it in or face dismissal. A beginners guide to picking a cruise line, Use these credit cards to maximize your next cruise vacation, 9 times you do not need to tip on a cruise, The best cruise booking perks and which ones are actually free, pay $16 for what the line now calls a crew appreciation charge, The 5 most desirable cabin locations on any cruise ship, The 8 worst cabin locations on any cruise ship, A quick guide to the most popular cruise lines, 21 tips and tricks that will make your cruise go smoothly, 12 best cruises for people who never want to grow up, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. You don't have to tip on these cruises because the line is already paying gratuities to the staff on your behalf. Wondering if anyone can help out with this? 0000417807 00000 n 0000892817 00000 n If you do not prepay gratuities, they will be charged to your onboard account automatically, on a daily basis. Follow along on this incredible voyage! 0000427335 00000 n Can a family in one stateroom dine at different times with My Time Dining? Like what you see? Can I participate in My Time Dining but make a reservation for a specific time? 0000006714 00000 n $155 Walmart+ Credit: Cover the cost of a $12.95 monthly Walmart+ membership with a statement credit after you pay for Walmart+ each month with your Platinum Card. But I remember the days before MTD and Automatic Tips when, on the last night, TIP Night, people would eat at other venues and skip out on tipping the wait staff. The automatic service gratuity is $14.50 USD per person, per day for guests in Junior Suites and below, or $17.50 USD per person, per day for guests in Grand Suites and above, applied to each guest's SeaPass account on a daily basis. Contact Us Get support by Phone or Email 866-562-7625 Email Your Questions Locate a Travel Agent It can be awkward to eat with a complete stranger, and this dining option also makes it easier for folks who just want to enjoy their getaway at sea. Traditional dining is great for anyone who enjoys the classic cruise dinner experience, meeting new people and enjoying a dedicated waiter for the duration of your sailing. Im really asking the opposite - We havent prepaid gratuities, but the agent has booked us in for My Time Dining! 20102023Regal Sea Media LLC. You can then book dinner in the Main Dining Room for any time you want, or just walk in without a reservation. But to the OP's question, we have MTD on Mariner next month and have not prepaid our gratuities. In this case, no gratuities will be charged to your onboard account. Im sorry you never received a tip in your years of "slogging your guts out." 0000735845 00000 n These 9 Drinks Are Free on Royal Caribbean Cruises. Sometimes it's worth a large investment to reap the benefits of a great credit card. Should they have been paid at the time of booking? Our goal has been to provide our readers with expansive coverage of all aspects of the Royal Caribbean experience. Quote tiny260 Members 2.4k LocationOklahoma Posted January 11, 2019 I think you probably have had you questions answered already but I wanted to show an example. 0000003555 00000 n The mandatory 20% gratuity comes out to nearly $22 per day. xdOHTQ7Ho1bJ!IP"th+5ha0P"..\h! hQhE9; So with My Time Dining, you might lose some of that experience, but the flexibility of your own table and time is often preferable anyway. I always prepay my gratuities and do traditional dining. Get up to $300 back per calendar year on the Equinox+ digital fitness app, or eligible Equinox club memberships when you pay with your Platinum Card. Outside of the current welcome bonus, youre only earning higher rewards on specific airfare and hotel purchases, so its not a great card for other spending categories. What happens if I cancel the gratuities? On a cruise ship there are so many activities and fun shows, that it can be easy to lose tract of time, and not having to worry about being at diner at a specific time works for some people. Reservations are strongly recommended. Are you sure that isn't an Iglu Cruise rule? Understood, and many passengers also feel this way. 156.1k. Then, contact one with a best-price guarantee and have them beat it! I am looking at cancelling my gratuities when I get on board. The folks who WERVE YOU are the ones who get your tips. Our dining options have been reimagined to give you a culinary experience at sea as vast, varied and eye-opening as dining in the worlds most cosmopolitan cities. Our new My Time Dining option allows you the flexibility to choose when you want to dine each evening, giving you the chance to enjoy your meals at your own pace. If youre late then your table may be given away, and youll have to wait for another one. It has its advantages, but for a lot of people, its too restrictive. You may request a certain waiter each night, and we will work to seat your party in his or her area depending on availability. The menu for My Time Dining is still the same, so you will get the same quality meals. Your previous content has been restored. CC Help Jenn You need to contact your TA and have her add it to your invoice in order to prepay gratuities. My confusion is to do with the My Time Dining - If gratuities havent been prepaid, do we still have the My Time Dining thats on the invoice?! |, www.royalcaribbean.ae is part of Royal Caribbean Arabia owned by Safeen Tourism LLC the Sole Middle East Representative of Royal Caribbean International, 2023 All Rights Reserved | ROYAL CARIBBEAN ARABIA. 0000016969 00000 n 0000422260 00000 n If you're wondering how much you should tip on the specific cruise line you're considering or have already looked, we've compiled that information here. You will be able to see the exact times that My Time Dining is offered each evening once you book your cruise. (Enrollment required for select benefits.). However, you can still make reservations, based on availability, once onboard. You can post now and register later. The dining staff will do all possible to accommodate the request, based on availability. Lines with such charges include both of the two giants of the cruise business, Royal Caribbean and Carnival Cruise Line, as well as Norwegian, MSC Cruises and Princess Cruises. Remember that all additional tipping is at your discretion. 0000897170 00000 n You can then make reservations for your restaurant, or just turn up at the restaurant between 6 pm and 9.30 pm and wait for a table to be available. Once you have made your My Time Dining reservations, they will appear in your cruise calendar, both on Cruise Planner tab and Royal Caribbean's app. 0000002916 00000 n Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member only. I will pay for fantastic service but can't stand getting it shoved in my face and HAVE TO pay gratuities. A fun part of cruising can be meeting the same people for lunch or diner every day and discussing things about the ship or about the excursions they went on. 0000750166 00000 n My Time Dining is therefore available to anyone who wants to mix things up. The longer you wait to arrive, however, the longer you will have to wait for an available table. I am looking at cancelling my gratuities when I get on board so I can pay these personally. If you are asking by prepaying gratuities in advance does that force you to do MTD, then the answer is no. 0000892388 00000 n 0000019016 00000 n Jon can be reached at. ;) Can we opt out of those added on charges also?? No, no, no, no, no. Below is a line-by-line look at policies for automatic gratuity charges (called service charges or crew appreciation charges at some lines). Automatic Gratuities were added to lessen the event of "skipping out" on tips and to make sure MTD waiters were tipped. Kudos to NCL for no longer allowing grats to be removed onboard. trailer <]>> startxref 0 %%EOF 158 0 obj <>stream All rights reserved. Sunshine State. 0000011539 00000 n No reservation is needed, but Royal Caribbean strongly encourages you to get a reservation if you dont want to spend a lot of time waiting when you go to dinner. 0000014874 00000 n My Family Time Dining is a dining option for families with children ages 3-11 years that aims to help kid's complete dinner within 45 minutes, freeing parents to enjoy coffee and . Yes, if there is availability in the My Time Dining Room, we would be happy to accommodate the request. Some guests do not plan on eating in the Main Dining Room each day or would rather do so at the time of their choosing. 0000897240 00000 n Whether you cruise multiple times per year or you're new to cruising, the goal of Royal Caribbean Blog is for it to bea useful resource for keeping up to date with what's new and exciting with Royal Caribbean. The wait. Royal Caribbeans award winning dining program, My Time Dining, offers flexible and traditional options. Be the first to rate this post. Speciality restaurants require reservations but they dont have traditional dining times. How Does Royal Caribbeans My Time Dining Work? View All Cruises Just make sure to turn up at the reserved time. My Family Time dining is currently unavailable throughout our fleet. 0000005051 00000 n 0000722800 00000 n but it's so much better to leave the automatic tips in place and just give extra cash to those you feel deserve it. Some people also like to pay their service charges in advance for budgeting purposes. For more cruise guides, news and tips, sign up for TPGs new cruise newsletter. Rather, you will be seated wherever there is availability. 0000902188 00000 n At most lines, you can pay your service charges in advance of sailing (at the same time you pay your cruise fare). 0000738152 00000 n If you are adjusting a gratuity charge downward, expect to be asked about the reasons behind the adjustment. document.getElementById( "ak_js_2" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); About Us | MY FAMILY TIME DINING MY TIME DINING DAILY RESERVATIONS Awards FOLLOW US JOIN CROWN & ANCHOR SOCIETY CALL US NOW +971 4 331 4299 Also if staff are chastised for receiving cash, why do all the posts advocate tipping over and above the automatic gratuities for good service? On a typical seven-night cruise, thats nearly $600 in fees. Royal Caribbean "My Time Dining" Review. Powered by Cruiseline.com, spoke with royal Carib rep today who said prepaid grats are now out if you are using My Time Dining. For example, Norwegian offers a complimentary Open Bar drinks package for travelers who book its "free at sea" promotion. 0000027181 00000 n Do you know about when you'd like to sail? Seating can also be reserved while onboard. You'd likely pay it at final payment date. My Time Dining uses the same menu as traditional seating. Lines that now cover gratuities in their fares include Azamara, Ponant, Regent Seven Seas Cruises, Scenic Luxury Cruises & Tours, Seabourn, SeaDream Yacht Club, Silversea Cruises and Virgin Voyages. If you are unable to book show times in advance via the Cruise Planner when you are making your My Time Dining reservations, you may end up booking a dinner time that clashes with one of the shows. That said, the total number of lines with a service fee has been shrinking over the years. 0000006046 00000 n So by your definition no one should tip because others will make up the difference? My partner and I prefer a later dinner and have selected My Time dining however we'd still like to join them for dinner at least 1-2 nights. Unsubscribe whenever you want. Royal Caribbean gratuities for children and infants Be sure to join my email list for my best cruise tips and handpicked deals each week. You must have JavaScript enabled to use this form. She has worked in the cruise industry since 2015 and has taken over 20 cruises. No votes so far! 0000014304 00000 n The flexible option allows you to select your own dining time and table companions on a daily basis. Similarly, if youre on a higher-end ship that lists gratuities as being included in the fare, that means just what it says. That is not the case anymore but Royal is not great about updating their website information. Get Cruise Savvy with our FREE Newsletter! Paste as plain text instead, Compare the cost in points or miles to cash, and see which option is best. It gives passengers prepaid gratuities, a single-device Wi-Fi plan and a basic beverage package for a single bundled price of $50 per person, per day. Also (and I'm probably being the grammar police on this one) do you really mean "you HAVE to pay the gratuities up front at the time of booking" or do you mean they have to be added to your bill at time of booking? Breeze through security with CLEAR lanes available at 100+ airports, stadiums, and entertainment venues and get up to $189 back per calendar year on your membership when you use your Card.