You can expect about a 7-10 year lifespan for a single plaster finish; more, with proper care. StoneScapes Aqua Cool finish gives your pool a unique texture. How deep is your pool. Pebble-Tec has a more solid reputation because theyve been in business longer. Most of the Designs Tend to Be Rough On the Feet. The main advantage of Pebble Tec pool finishing is its durability. Maybe you could e-mail some pics to your builder and ask them about doing an acid wash. Don't feel bad for not choosing Pebble Tec. But, the time invested during maintenance should also be considered in this case. stonescapes aqua cool vs aqua white Stronger than conventional pool surfaces and easier to maintain, StoneScapes resists etching staining and wear, and comes with a limited warranty. 2023 Pool Corporation, All Rights Reserved. We like the stonescapes mini and will have them add more blue to the aqua cool. StoneScapes pool finishes ensure a comfortable surface texture so pools can be used with the utmost contentment. The door looks like a high dollar antique. One of the oldest and cheapest options is a plaster finish. Typically, only 10% of its structure, which is cement, is likely to be affected by the pool water chemistry. Like Pebble Tec, StoneScapes is also highly durable, lasting for up to 20 years. I got it from Home Depot for around six dollars. The decision of which to choose depends on your budget and the look you want to achieve. Even if the tiles arent glazed, they are fairly waterproof, and you dont have to worry about your pool leaking. However, you have to be extremely careful with glass tile. The shades of manufactured goods and finishes also may vary within a given color. As we mentioned earlier, Pebble Tec comes in four different finishing designs. Caribbean Sticks and Stacks Glass Mosaic 10. I don't see how. There is no guarantee that colors viewed on this website will accurately depict products or the result of the use of those products on the All American Pools and Spas website. It is a beautiful blue color and not dark at all. Their PebbleTec, PebbleSheen, PebbleFina, and PebbleBrilliance lines each have their tiles cut into different shapes: StoneScapes doesnt offer the same level of versatility. With a thicker, stronger, finish than conventional pools, you can count on the permanence of your StoneScapes pool finish. I would highly recommend them if you are considering any phase of pool ownership. Pebble Tec is no doubt the most durable pool finishing. We'll assume you're ok with this,but you can opt-out if you wish. NOTE: Color samples shown are representations of the actual product and are for identification purposes only. These pictures are a great help. My finish is Wet Edge Midnight Sea which is also a dark finish. This is especially true for the leading edge. We are trying to stay pretty light but may want a little color. Pics of Tropics Blue Stonescapes pools much appreciated. You are using an out of date browser. However, to determine which is the perfect one for your pool, it is best to understand everything about them, from their cost to their maintenance requirements, to mention a few. This is not an exact process. StoneScapes Touch of Glass Aqua Cool creates light blue water color and is comprised of modified white Portland cement and features natural white quartz pebble aggregates and Cobalt Blue colored quartz highlights with subtle Cobalt Blue glass bead accents. The glass pendants were a perfect selection as they don't draw away from any of the other design focal points. This aggregate produces medium blue and has pronounced cobalt blue accents. Also have a less than perfect trowel job which frustrates me but nothing can be done about it and PB considers it normal. Both StoneScapes and Pebble Tec are popular pool finishes, but that doesnt mean they are the perfect choices for every pool. Natural Beauty: Create the serenity and gracefulness of a pebble-bottomed stream in your own backyard. I need to pick in the next day or so and am hoping someone here has pics that can help with this decision. River pebbles create a nice-looking pattern that plaster just cant replicate. It looks pretty if you want a natural aesthetic, but can be rough on the feet when youre dealing with larger pebbles. On the Internet the same pictures come up for three different colors. Sidle up to a ranch. These cookies do not store any personal information. I rubbed it lightly over my aqua door and immediately wiped everything off, working the glaze into the panel grooves. You can choose from four basic types of tile. One good thing about plaster is that it comes in a variety of colors and gives your pool a smooth, classic look. However, glass tiles allow a far greater variety of colors, shapes, and patterns than other types of tiles. An exposed aggregate finish combines elements of plaster finishes with standard aggregate. Here is another, with a close-up of the steps. Look for inexpensive tile/marble squares on sale and replace the floor. As we mentioned earlier, both Pebble Tec and StoneScapes are excellent pool finishes. In fact, most pool surfaces with Pebble Tec look more like the bottom of a creek or river. This company is excellent! User Name: Password: * New users Click here to Register. All four of their lines Regular Pebbles, Mini Pebbles, Puerto Rico Blend, and Touch of Glass seem to have the same basic appearance. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. When the interior of your concrete pool needs a makeover, StoneScapes Midnight Blue creates a stunning aesthetic that invites reflection and helps your backyard renovations stand out. Most of the time, your quartz tiles are going to have blue or a teal pigment to accentuate the color of the water, but you can increase that amount to give the pool a deeper-looking hue. It gives a nice sparkle to the water as well. If you think you have a true issue with the quality of the workmanship you may need to seek help from the registar of contractors or a similar agency. Invented back in 1986 by Pebble Technology International, Pebble Tec is a type of pool finishing that comprises of white portland cement and small pebbles. Breitling Superocean vs Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean . When we first added water and noticed splotchiness we called our pool company, our builder came out right away, looked at the finish and said brushing should do the trick, but if we weren't satisfied with that they would have done a no-drain acid wash. Lucky for us the brushing did the trick. NJ13VH04487600 PA004896 Because colors vary, there is no guarantee that the actual color will be an exact match to the image shown. These tiles are made similarly to aggregates, with a blend of regular-sized pebbles and small pebbles. Aqua cool or aqua white Stonescapes????? Aqua White Mini Pebble- From www.troublefreepools.com Feel to the touch Houzz nutzt Cookies und hnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. I would check dark pebble anyway for contractor rating purposes. But, StoneScapes tends to have more because of the various materials used to construct it. When the water is perfectly still I can see some variations in the finish. On initial fill the water will look darker and greener. I do all my stripping of furniture that way, and do the rest of the staining in the garage, or right outside the garage if its not a windy day and pull them into the garage overnight to be sure they dry. Concrete pools look fabulous with the right finish. THIS DESCRIPTION OF THE LIMITED WARRANTY IS A SUMMARY AND NEITHER SUPPLEMENTS, AMENDS, ALTERS, NOR MODIFIES THE TERMS, PROVISIONS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH IN THE LIMITED WARRANTY DOCUMENT. You can also trust Coronados Pool Renovations with the installation and removal of tile and other features that you would like to replace. I did not have the splotchiness you spoke about, but had a couple other issues, small crack in finish & a footprint from the install. If your finish is "browner-darker" than mkfmedic's pool then I think they must have used the wrong color. How could that be? When its time to give your cementitious pool a makeover, consider StoneScapes Aqua Blue finish. .With a freshly upgraded look and feel, it's easier than ever to . This is only due to the fact that I am not finding as many pics or closeups of the aqua white finish. I chose Tropics Blue Stonescapes based on pics of pools on the ingernet. That means acid washing at regular intervals and careful monitoring of your pools pH balance. Ive gone a little crazy putting tester paint on my walls. What do you think about going 25% lighter with the Shaker Beige or even 50%? The glass bead accents enhance the water color by adding additional pops of color and contrast that only colored glass bead can do. The PB talked us into one of the more pebble finishes. Right now the aqua is reflecting onto the samples and possibly showing through the samples and distorting the color. StoneScapes comprises of White Portland cement and natural quartz aggregate with a mixture of glass bead aggregates. To make the water look appealing, you even see plaster dyed as a bright blue color. I wonder if that might solve the issue I'm having with it being too dark in the hallways where the light is minimal. JavaScript is disabled. StoneScapes inviting, appealing colors and textures combine for a naturally harmonious look. I'm in the mist of this too. Are your pebble finishes (especially darker ones) obviously mottled in color? We use the toy chest all the time at its current location for our drinks and the wicker one for blankets. Tile, under normal circumstances, shouldnt ever need to be replaced. Finding pictures on the Internet is crazy. stonescapes aqua cool vs aqua white. chivas regal ultis vs royal salute; instagram models dubai; shooting in henderson, tx today; city of ottawa hedge bylaw; tequila anejo kirkland; skillern's drug stores; which statement is most likely true for this distribution; sweet things to write in a baby book. Many companies specializing in creating this pool finishing are regularly coming up with tons of options that consist of distinct components in terms of color, texture, and materials. Saturday: 8am 2pm He said to look at the pool water with them on and you should be able to see what type of head is on the screws in the pool drain. Does your contractor or the plaster company have other customers with that same pool color that you could see for comparison? StoneScapes Mini Aqua White pool finish creates medium blue water color and is comprised of aqua blue pigmented white Portland cement and natural white quartz pebble aggregates. I have stonescapes and am very happy with the finish. In this post, we are going to give you a pool finishes comparison. I'm having major problems with my Stonescapes pebbles on my pool. The pool company we used had a sample of aqua white from NPT in their showroom (see photo 1), we chose the color based on this sample. Their pool has Tropics Blue. Here is a picture of Aqua Cool applied in a pool a few years ago.Hope this helps. Plaster is also porous like concrete, so over time, youll begin to notice some flaws. The work was on schedule. *Aqua Cool 1 has 1 bag, Aqua Cool 2 has 2 bags, and Aqual Cool 3 has 3 bags. This formulated surface system combines science and nature to create an exceptional finish. I will upload a better video once we get the water treated and the true color comes through a lit. You can group pool finishes into several broad types: Each of these different materials has its appeal whether its appearance, durability, or grip. Although plaster has fallen out of fashion in recent years, it is simple and cheap in appearance. lexington county mobile home regulations. I so feel your pain. This resilient material will enhance the look of your outdoor oasis and is more durable than traditional pool plaster. Dip strips are notorious for subjective, often inaccurate results and should not be the sole indicator anyone uses. Can you post some pictures? The few extra dollars was well invested! Always examine a sample of the actual product before purchase and installation. Maintenance As mentioned before, StoneScapes pool finishes will last for 15 to 20 years with the proper maintenance. Also added wrought iron handrails. Love this? We were also told that the darker the pebble finish, the more likely it is to get some uneven areas. Maybe it could be saved and planted elsewhere? I do know that anything with browns or tans will make the water have a green tint. But we are not only trying to pick a color, but a finish too. StoneScapes is an ideal finish for a new pool or spa, and can also be used to resurface existing ones. It can be glazed or left exposed; the difference is similar to that between exposed aggregate and polished aggregate. Stepping up in luxury, were looking at tile finish. my pool was finished last weekend. Help! Accomplish your goals from decluttering to rediscovering fitness for real this time, Don't take chances on this all-important team member. What I learned:(1) I'm scared of pebble finishes given my experience. I just thought that was an interesting trick. I, like you, saw the images and selected this particular finish because of the images. I think the color of Dogpaddles Tropics Blue looks great. display images in the same manner. Pebble Tec also consists of different pebbles carefully selected for their vibrant colors, unique structure, and smooth surface. Where standard aggregate finishes use concrete as the main component, this type embeds pebbles directly into the plaster, giving it a far rougher texture. Could someone tell me the difference between StoneScapes Aqua White Mini and Aqua White Small? But which pool finishing do you choose? If you ever have any stain issues they aren't going to show up as much. Ship Weight (lbs) : 1164.00 Product UPC : Specifications StoneScapes Touch of Glass Aqua Cool creates light blue water color and is comprised of modified white Portland cement and features natural white quartz pebble aggregates and Cobalt Blue colored quartz highlights with subtle Cobalt Blue glass bead accents. Most pools are rectangular, which makes it easy for other tiles to cover the entire surface, but what if your pool is curved? Rather than pouring in a mixture and smoothing it over, this type of finish consists of a collection of hand-applied tiles that can create attractive mosaic patterns or dazzling displays of color. When it comes to maintenance, Pebble Tec may require regular maintenance compared to StoneScapes. 2 junio, 2022; how many murders in trinidad 2021; christian liaigre death :-) I tried Collingwood Grey, but it appears much too purple/blue in certain areas of the house. Also, please take a look at the unique Features and Benefits you receive when using StoneScapes. Since my sweep is still picking up fine pebbles and plaster particles from brushing, I think the finish will continue to evolve. I have also looked on Pinterest and there are more pics of aqua blue than aqua white. It may yield a few pics. These styles also have many other options, giving you a wide range of choices to choose from. To make matters worse, the finish is very splotchy in color. White plaster is subject to the ravages of time more than aggregate or tile finishes. If you sand down and start again, it could like just as bad or worse unless you do it all right. Aggregate finish, when combined with chemical dyes, can create a striking range of colors that rival plaster. I'm going to be doing the same as you, but buying my bottom cabinets only unfinished, but will NOT be buying from Home Depot.