For its final pair of appearances, 1991 and 1992, in the TYCO product catalog, the name reverts to Chattanooga Choo-Choo (No.7425) and the set contents is very different from all previous offerings. but I tip my hat to you sir you are an artist nice work keep the pictures coming. However, one wonders about that Chattanooga Choo-Choo logo, it certainly seems familiar. Something went wrong. LURE The Santa Fe blue-and-yellow freight warbonnet scheme is found only in the 1976 catalog. No. Though the loco had no seen any changes, the B addition represents TYCOs offer of a free Remote Control Switch (either No.410 or No.411) to be included with numerous locomotives beginning in 1985. GP20 Diesel Locomotive Chattanooga No. In bright orange and yellow colors, TYCOs Chattanooga GP20 is a colorful contrast to the black steam engine offerings that also carried the Chattanooga name. I'm also adding new detail and repainting it so it will look better. Since the whole thing is freelance, I think I'll make it a New York Central steam engine (I have a lot of leftover decals from when I built my Bowser K-11). Wow! The engine in the caboose have damage to the steps.Two of the tankers wheels do not stay on. Marx The sets rolling stock included the Southern Pulpwood Flat Car (No.344A); Burlington Northern Hopper (No.344G); Old Dutch Cleanser Billboard Box Car (No.365G) and Chattanooga Caboose (No.327-15). fishing lure The image directly above of the Illinois Central Gulf GP20 is the typical TYCO production run example carrying the 5628 road number. George In Midcoast Maine, 'bout halfway up the Rockland branch. By this point, TYCO only lists the Conrail Hopper as a separate item in the Freight Cars section. Those little gears don't exactly hold on tightly, so some adhesive is sometimes needed to keep them in place. Tyco Chattanooga No. 5, May 1931, The Meccano Magazine, Vol. Most likely one could assume both versions existed on shelves at the time. If you want valve gear, I have some extras in my parts collection. No. TYCO catalogs the Durango GP20 for two years in a row, 1976 and 1977. The 1986 Chattanooga set is also shown to include a BN Gondola (No.341G); the solid yellow Railbox Billboard Box Car; the Southern Pulpwood Car; and the General Purpose Caboose. This was one of the numbers given to EMDs demo set of GP20s. Guess that glamourous smoke, just didnt bring enough interest? While tyco might be toyish, it's what many of us grew up with. The added B to the second models stock number suffix of -15 is a rare time that TYCOs number system ran over its banks and needed some thing extra. Enjoying a single year in TYCOs 1979 catalog is this well done Western Pacific GP-20. After a three-year absence, TYCO introduces The Chattanooga (No.7416) to the train sets of 1985 catalog. Its decoration differs from regular production run examples and it is thought to merely be a mock-up or prototype produced for the catalog in 1975-76. 8, August 1935, 2023 - WorthPoint Corporation | 5 Concourse Parkway NE, Suite 2900. The Chattanooga for 1987 returns with 1985's stock number of 7416, if the '87 TYCO catalog is accurate there is a big difference between the 1985 and 1987 offerings. No. All company, product and service names used in this website are for identification purposes only.Use of these names, logos, and brands does not imply endorsement. -Fritz Milhaupt, Publications Editor, Pere Marquette Historical Society, Inc.http://www.pmhistsoc.org. sutton Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. freight No. We offer sizes 1/2 thru 8 Flange / Threaded Conventional, Bellows or Pilot Type. Picture Information. ac gilbert VERY nice! Good for Anything in our store. Hey, I'm not trying to put down your repair efforts, for if nothing else it will give you some experience and exposure to those mysterious loco innards! During the early 1970s, TYCO offers this Illinois Central GP20. At this point, moving them is kind of out of the question for me, but I may do it someday later for more realism (it would require unsoldering the truck bolsters from the frame, lengthening the driveshafts, and repainting). A shorter drawbar would look good, too. The Union Pacific GP-20 first appears during TYCOs Red Box Era 60s offerings carrying the stock number 228C, switching to 228-23 in 1975 as TYCO alters is numbering system. What? This reminds me that I need to get back to work on my own Chattanooga. 228-17. From Bachmann Trains 2001 product catalog is the above picture of their Chattanooga Choo-Choo (No.00626). 15, American Rag Dolls Straight From The Heart, The Meccano Magazine, Vol. This is the final TYCO Chattanooga Caboose model and was produced in Yugoslovia and not Hong Kong. electric locomotive If you get much over 2v you can kiss that Miniatronics bulb goodbye. Bought by itself, the Chattanooga Consolidation & Tender 2-8-0 (No.245-15) retailed for $33.00 in 1975. P.O. FEEDBACK: WE WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF YOU COULD LET US KNOW THAT YOUR PACKAGE HAS ARRIVED WITH SOME GOOD FEEDBACK. The flywheels and universals are NWSL parts (one flywheel was off balance, which is why Idrilled a hole in the side). I think it could go around a 15" radius in its current state. (SW?) IX, No. A Santa Fe GP-20 with blue and yellow freight warbonnet scheme is found in the 1975-76 catalog. The Chattanooga Choo-Choo with Smoke, Chug-Chug & Steam Whistle (No.7332) set is powered in 1978 by an 0-8-0 Steam Engine, rather than the 2-8-0 that had hauled the set since 1975. dummy vintage model trains Can't WAIT to see what you do with the locomotive! Transcontinental Express HO Scale Train Set. - eBay Money Back Guarantee - opens in a new window or tab. rivarossi Tyco Chattanooga No. manage your account online and more! The Bridge & Trestle Set seems to have lost two pieces beginning in 1991, as it is noted as now being a 15-piece set from the original 17-piece set included in prior sets. There are at least two variations to this Penn Central GP20 offering. Additionally, three of the four side pieces on the wheel sets are missing. This first TYCO Chattanooga set in addition to the 2-8-0 Consolidation loco also came with a Santa Fe Crane Car and Boom Tender (No.932); Old Dutch Cleanser Center-Flow Hopper (No.358F); Gulf Triple Dome Tank Car (No.357B); Chattanooga Wide-Vision Caboose (No.327-15). From what has been written about it over countless years, it seems that these engines were never intended tofunction, on average, for more than about 10 hours before failing. Sharing the page with TYCOs Rambo Electric Train and Battle Set in 1986 is a new 100-piece The Chattanooga (No.7423). The majority of TYCOs GP20 offerings carry the number 5628. Items in the Price Guide are obtained exclusively from licensors and partners solely for our members research needs. And where did you find a RED uncoupling lever? 327-15B). Tyco Information - Literature Page 10. boxcar Chalmers & Kubeck has the Largest Inventory of Consolidated Safety Valves on the entire east coast. To date, there has been no confirmation that it was ever a regular production item and may not exist. Outside U.S. 660-695-4433. Articles, Is Space Still the Place? The only minor changes appear to occur with the selection of rolling stock inclusions in some sets over this period. (#285057130239). o scale This picture is found in TYCOs 1992 product catalog. Just my 2 cents worth, I spent the rest on trains. No. A closer look at the truck's construction. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. 8, August 1928, The Meccano Magazine, Vol. collet oo Gulf Mobile & Ohio http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ_ALEdDUB8, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hqFS1GZL4s, http://s73.photobucket.com/user/steemtrayn/media/MovingcoalontheDCM.mp4.html?sort=3&o=27. Thing barely ran on the home layout and eventually died. This train set offering had many extras and was one of the most well-appointed in the line. Good for 21% off your first order! Not todays good roadbed track, but it is a bit of an improvement on just hoping the rail connectors can keep it together. Separate purchases of the Chattanooga 0-8-0 Steam Loco & Tender (No.256-15) and the Chattanooga Caboose (No.327-15) remained possible according to the 1980 catalog. ILLinois and SouthernServing the Coal belt of southern Illinois with a Smile Tyco Chattanooga Choo-Choo the frame is soldered sheet brass, and the trucks are glued and soldered brass sheet and tube. If you where a car guy, I would love to see what you would build! !Wonder how many cars it will pull?.Jerry. Notes - Delivery *Estimated delivery dates include seller's handling time, origin postcode, destination postcode and time of acceptance and will depend on postage service selected and receipt of cleared payment. The Mammoth kicks off with the Chattanooga Consolidation & Tender with Smoke (No.245-15); Virginian Hopper (No.344C); Santa Fe Crane Car with Boom Tender Set (No.932); Morton Salt Center-Flow Hopper (No.358B); Ralston Purina Billboard Reefer (No.355E) and a red steamline cupola Chattanooga Caboose (No.327-15). Some Vintage Toys Have Stellar Value. Illinois Central View cart for details. 5628 Model Train Engine, for PARTS/REPAIR, Free Shipping!Hello, model train fans and collectors! vintage I get a lot of extra Kadee draft gear boxes from their couplers, and have found that they can be very useful for a lot of different things. Atlanta, Georgia 30328 | 877.481.5750. pre-war No.228-23. Scale Chattanooga 5628 Diesel Train Engine Tyco. marklin TYCO also provided 48-Poles and Signs; the 17-piece Bridge & Trestle Set (No.907); a TYCO-PAK (No.895) and a 36 x 45 oval of track. trains ho This original Chattanooga Caboose is shown as being TYCOs wide-vision cupola body style. 4, April 1930, The Meccano Magazine, Vol. It's made from 3 pieces of brass wire and some Kadee draft gear box. Please see photos for condition.Fast, FREE shipping will be via either USPS Priority Mail or Federal Express, whichever proves more cost-effective.Thank you for looking! The yellow-and-orange model is unencumbered with a roadnumber and features TYCOs Chattanooga stylized logo in white on its side. Unsubscribe anytime. 228L. Both versions of the Chattanooga Caboose models remain in the catalog for 78 (No.327-15 and No.327-15B). XVI, No. Surely somebody's already done a similar project and at least set me in the right direction. Ryan C Kunkle Your engine gets its power through the wheels. I scratch-built an entirely new drive from Athearn gearing, a coreless motor, some freight car wheels, and solderedbrass sheet. I took the smoke unit out, since it works by having a lever on one of the steam engine's axles pusha lever in the smoke unit once per revolution. As for that gear, just press it back on the shaft and glue it in place. vintage projector Click to enlarge. Tyco HO Scale 2-8-0 Steam Loco, Chattanooga. rolling stock This model avoids getting its picture in a TYCO catalog. tenshodo Picture 1 of 4. For those desiring adding some Chattanooga pieces to their pikes without going the train set route, TYCO did offer a number of separate Chattanooga items in 1977. 3D STEREO PROJECTORS 3D CAMERA The Tyco Chattanooga hasn't been made for 25 years now, and they were so cheap and unique that I don't think separate replacement parts were ever offered. I've also put together a crude 1.5Vforward constant lighting circuit, and a simple 12V reverse light. jeremy fry celtics interview, ai the man with the saxophone poem, lot rent the hamptons auburndale, fl,