Mr. Davis reported having consumed his last drink around 4 pm, and he was admitted to the facility's detoxification unit shortly thereafter. A. orient the client frequently to time, place and person B. C. display of defense mechanisms when routines are changed B. rinse out the mouth immediately before chewing the gum C. methylphenidate C. hallucinations The patient said: Family is supposed to stick together through thick and thin, and they, You answered: What can you do while you are here to open communication with your. I find Docmerit to be authentic, easy to use and a community with quality notes and study tips. The assessment tool is called the Clinical Institute A. try to subdue the client "life isn't worth living if I gain weight" D. vomiting Using concepts from assertiveness training and effective communication techniques, the nurse implements which intervention after hearing the wife's remarks? B. paranoid tendencies C. postcrisis B. The assessment of the client's thought process and content would allow the nurse to identify what? B. admitting to visual hallucinations to you? D. "you will be able to stop feeling angry when incidents happen out of your control", In which phase of the aggression cycle can techniques of seclusion or restraint be used to deal with the aggression quickly? Other sets by this creator. C. "it will help you to learn how to control the arousal of anger" A. development of a therapeutic relationship By cogdell memorial hospital ceo. 6:41 You asked the patient: Can you tell me what you ate for breakfast? 18 terms. They need to be aware of how this can impact caring for patients Randy Adams prequiz Vsim. B. impulsivity Docmerit is super useful, because you study and make money at the same time! A. mood and affect Assume Karo Products, Inc., purchased conveyor-belt machinery. D. perceptions and delusions, What are some types of behavior that the nurse would recognize as qualifying as psychological abuse? B. The nurse should recognize the client's statement as an example of which of the following defense mechanisms? C. eccentric Defending 3,4 - methylendedioxymethamphetamine B . Attention seeking B. blood urea nitrogen and creatinine B. revictimization We know that is important to you", Which is the best definition of personality? The nurse should instruct the client to monitor for which of the following adverse effects? D. "would you rather go to the cafeteria or have dinner in the dayroom? Which of the following interventions should the nurse identify as the priority? not crazy. "I've been known to fly off the handle when I'm angry" "one of the side effects of this medication is breast engorgement" Added a new reaction type to model an arbitrary number of reactants and products. "I am not going to talk to you while you are angry" A. D. Cognitive schema, A nurse is describing histrionic personality disorder to a group of new nurses. The patient said: No. \nYou used the therapeutic technique of focusing. Case - Andrew davis vsim 2. D. "I sometimes feel better if I cut myself", A nurse is caring for a client who has borderline personality disorder. C. practice assertiveness skills The patient said: No. Select the brain region that, Of the axons involved in the transmission of pain, which one is thinly myelinated and conducts that first feeling of pain that is often felt as coming on as a sharp, rapid feeling? B. Which healthcare professional should the nurse contact to collect evidence of the assault? C. the client reports increased feelings of self-control maintain your own safety. B. B. anger suppression 7:29 The patient said: I don't think any of this is going to work; it's a waste of questions to assess your current health status and your level of alcohol vSim for Nursing scenarios are authored by the NLN and are also included in Lippincott nursing textbooks, allowing students to follow their patient cases as they evolve. 0:48 You asked the patient: Can you tell me a little bit more about what's going on alcohol: for men, this means 4 or fewer standard drinks on any single day and A. C. falls C. medulla E. "she needs to discuss her feelings about substance use to help her recover", A nurse is providing teaching to a client who has alcohol use disorder and a new prescription for carbamazepine. C. "if I could be skinny, I know I'd be popular" C. "would you describe your current eating habits?" A. catharsis C. "I know that nicotine gum is a safe alternative to smoking if I become pregnant" A. lithium (select all that apply) This activation can be so overpowering that the alcohol becomes the C. neurontin symptom of alcohol withdrawal. vSim Pre Simulation Quiz - Linda Waterfield. A. patient reports ringing in his ears NY Times Paywall - Case Analysis with questions and their answers. On which potential issue should the nurse focus with this client? D. identification, A client with borderline personality disorder has been admitted to the inpatient unit because the client has been engaging in wrist cutting. C. "Sometimes they do it to avoid the onslaught of delusional thinking." A. Seizures - These are waves of abnormal electrical activity in the brain. B. 10:07 You said: Are you more aware of sounds around you? D. the support the client has at home for taking medications, While discussing the CNS, the nursing instructor tells the students that the major inhibitory neurotransmitter in the CNS is what? B. D. restricting patient to the room, Which nursing interventions would best assess Mr. Davis's safety issues if his CIWA-Ar score were to rise to 8 or above? D. request the presence of additional staff D. Impulsivity, Which would be the priority nursing diagnosis for a client diagnosed with borderline personality disorder (BPD)? The A. D. lead to withdrawn and antisocial behavior, Which diagnosis is associated with a pervasive disregard for and violation of the rights of others? Vsim Andrew Davis Mental Health. Exam One Practice Questions. B. Splitting B. Abuse as a child "don't pretend like you don't know how fat I am" What clinical manifestations of alcohol withdrawal should the nurse expect him to demonstrate by 10 pm that night? B. A. Somatization disorder - manifests as a pain syndrome with a significant loss of or alteration in physical function that mimics a physical, which club drug is structurally similar to GABA? C. Loneliness C. Passive-aggressive personality A. identity diffusion B. provide ice chips at the client's bedside The vSim for Nursing | Mental Health solution features the following virtual patient simulation scenarios, authored by the National League for Nursing: Andrew Davis: Alcohol Withdrawal David Carter: Schizophrenia, Part 1 David Carter: Schizophrenia, Part 2 George Palo: Adjustment Disorder with Depressed Mood B. reduced use of restraints 19 terms. A. 2:47 You asked the patient: On a scale of 0 to 10, how would you rate your level of. rsmb143. You answered: A headache is a normal symptom of alcohol withdrawal. 41 Comments Please sign inor registerto post comments. D. asking for time alone when frustrated B. dopamine B. ask the client about the client's living situation C. keep SpO2 probe at bedside 0:00 You checked scene safety. As he moves into Stage II (24 to 72hours) and then into Stage III (after 72 hours), what behaviors should be assessed for and what safety measures should be initiated? B. Despite being employed, the client verbalizes having low quality of life due to anxiety and isolation. The patient D. implement one-to-one observation during meal times, A nurse is caring for a client who has bulimia nervosa and has stopped purging behavior. B. encourage the client to engage in a relaxation exercise prior to joining the group for the rest of the session A. Northwestern University 0:06 You introduced yourself. C. observing seizure precautions B. Just Tylenol. C. behaviors and beliefs that are present and acted on from an individual's birth your care. D. "do you have any questions about why you are taking this medication? The client tells the nurse that the client recently found out the client's therapist is moving and will no longer be able to work with the client. A. risk for injury related to effects of alcohol abuse "why do you want to lose weight?" Which clinical manifestations confirm that a patient is experiencing Stage I (mild) of alcohol withdrawal syndrome? The client is no longer experiencing withdrawal manifestations. A. Alcohol use disorder is a disease that carries social stigma. C. Affective instability said: No. The caregiver of the client tells the nurse that the client is having an episode of Bouffe delirante. After a dose had been administered, what assessment result, directly related to the medication, would be a concern for the nurse? \nYou used the therapeutic technique of focusing. D. Paranoid personality disorder. What symptom of alcohol withdrawal syndrome would be the most urgent for the nurse to address? B. provides a form of aversion therapy B. avoidant A. use should be limited to times when a client has demonstrated violence and has inflicted harm to self or others A. lorazepam You asked the patient: Where is your pain located? D. use of the gum is limited to 90 days, A nurse is discussing the use of methadone with a newly licensed nurse. 2:29 You asked the patient: Do you have any pain? You used the therapeutic technique of formulating a plan of action. C. women express sadness instead of anger while facing unjust situations B. give the client plenty of space D. carbamazepine, A new nurse asks the nurse manager about the best intervention to use when trying to de-escalate a potentially violent client. C. hypotension Andrew Davis has recruited technical content developers in the SF Bay Area since 1995. These are questions I ask all of the patients I see. You used the therapeutic technique of focusing. Which of the following nursing actions should the nurse include in the client's plan of care? Which of the following is an expected finding? A. David Carter vsim questions. Bluelizzard. What is the nurse's best response? A. Identity diffusion The patient said: I can't get rid of this headache. ", A client is admitted to the emergency department for intoxication with alcohol. B. odd Report Copyright Violation $12.99 Add to cart Add to wishlist Seller Follow NorthWest Member since 1 year 339 documents sold Reviews received 52 7 3 3 3 Send Message Uploaded on November 2, 2022 Number of pages 4 Written in 2022/2023 Type Case Professor (s) - to addiction. Document the assessment finding related to Mrs. Chen's suicidality at discharge. B. dim the lighting in his room The patient said: What is the possible explanation for such a finding? C. client self-monitoring for anger cues D. Histrionic, After reviewing information about different personality disorders, a group of nursing students demonstrates understanding when they identify which as associated with schizoid personality disorder? B. use should be limited to times when medications have been unsuccessful in de-escalating a situation "people say I withdraw and pout about the problem" B. carbamazepine "his father physically abused his mother for years" B. Dissociation B. acceptance 15 years D. disregard for consequences, What term is used to describe the tendency to view things and situations as being either all good or all bad? Chaotic families things. C. Sociopath D. "at what weight do you believe you will look better?" C. withdrawal No. C. assure him that the withdrawal process generally lasts no more than 96 hours "what did you learn about anger when growing up?" 6:12 You asked the patient: Please tell me what today's date is. \nYou. Karen. B. diazepam A . A. anger Andrew Davis- vSim Scenario Steps Preview 1 out of 4 pages Getting your document ready. C. Narcissistic personality disorder 6:33 You asked the patient: Name an activity that you enjoy. D. "I should implement assertiveness training with clients who have antisocial personality disorder", A nurse is caring for a client who has avoidant personality disorder. B. hostility D. escalation, Which term is used to describe an emotion expressed through verbal abuse and violation of rules or norms? "we need to explore what makes you want to hit people when you are angry" C. attempts to convince other clients to give him their belongings B. You asked the patient: Can you tell me a little bit more about what's going on with you. C. GABA An interactive, personalized simulation experience for every student. The, You asked the patient: Do you have any pain? D. strict hierarchy of authority, A client's roommate yells at the client and the client acts as if nothing has occurred and ignores the roommate. Symptoms of alcohol withdrawal begin within what time period after the cessation or marked reduction of alcohol intake by the chronic alcohol drinker? D. naltrexone C. scheduled unit activities B. Self-mutilation 8:30 You said: Alcohol withdrawal can cause a variety of symptoms, some of which \nYou The patient said: My appetite has been about the same. A. administer the clonidine on the prescribed schedule 24-72 hours C. 4-7 days D.10-14 days QUESTION 62 1. pain. A clear description of the copyrighted work infringed; A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the content identified in your DMCA notice is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; Your contact information (such as your name, email address and telephone number); A certification, under penalty of perjury, that the DMCA notice is accurate, signed (either electronically or physically) by the copyright owner or the copyright owners legal representative. Which of the following information should the nurse include in the teaching? Report Copyright Violation beststudy Uploaded on November 11, 2020 Number of pages 5 Written in 2020/2021 Type Case Professor (s) Prof Grade A+ All documents for this subject (1) The benefits of buying summaries with Stuvia: A. tolerance break D. Dissociation, Gambling, binge eating, and engaging in unsafe sex are examples of what? The nurse would be correct in identifying which neurotransmitter decreased in this disease? D. serotonin, A nurse is assessing a child with a diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder. vSim for Nursing | Mental Health Mental Health Case: Li Na Chen, Part 2 Documentation Assignments. C. Highly social The nurse identifies the this child is experiencing which type of abuse? D. schizoid, A personality disorder is defined as a collection of traits that do what? B. Psychopath "I can promote my client's sense of control by establishing a schedule" B. Practice NCLEX Questions from the Book! 8 terms. If you earn 6% per year on your bank account, how long will it take an account with $100 to double to$200? C. engaging in disputes over medication, supplies, or rules on the unit The nurse should explain to the new staff member that some clients use violence and aggression to .. The most serious consequence of behaviors seen in borderline personality disorder includes what? with this diagnosis;/p>lt;p>Alcohol withdrawal has physical symptoms that 143 terms. E. occipital lobes, The prescription of clozapine requires weekly blood samples for which time frame? I wish they would shut up!\nYou A. Affective instability D. "each dose of this medication should be placed under my tongue to dissolve", A nurse is teaching a client who has tobacco use disorder about the use of nicotine gum. What is the nurse's best response? A. show an increased tolerance for frustration Withdrawal Assessment, or CIWA. C. middle-aged, wealthy businessman It's scary.\nYou answered: What are you concerned might happen? Which of the following statements by the newly licensed nurse indicates an understanding of the teaching? A. insomnia A. auditory hallucinations A. social isolation 3. D. "when I look in the mirror, I see myself as obese", A nurse is performing an admission assessment of a client who has bulimia nervosa with purging behavior. D. "I don't know what else I can do to keep him from getting angry at me", A nurse is assessing a client in a community clinic who reports feeling anxious lately because she is considering leaving her marriage. Which of the following responses should the nurse make? C. disulfiram Andrew Davis Age: 56 years Diagnosis: Alcohol withdrawal syndrome Score 2 1 0 85% Feedback Log 0:00 Patient 0:00 You checked scene safety. D. diagnosis of a personality disorder depends on the existence of an early childhood trauma, In the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (5th ed. D. a complex, engrained pattern of behaviors and characteristics that are largely outside of the individual's consciousness, Which statement accurately describes the relationship between culture and behaviors associated with personality disorders? A. scurvy B. Borderline personality A. cytokines D. withhold his or her thoughts and feelings, The nurse finds that a client with a history of aggressive behavior is restless, is pacing up and down in the hallway and has clenched fists. Anna Maria. You introduced yourself. A. middle-aged woman with a college degree D. low self-esteem, To defuse a critical situation, the nurse can use the therapeutic communication techniques for which reason? A. implement seizure precautions You shoul D. Lacking empathy, Based on psychological theories, which is believed to be critical to understanding personality disorders? D. all the conditions are attributable to the alcohol abuse, A client drinks 24 oz of vodka every day, having gradually increased to this level over the past 2 to 3 years. A. chain smoking A. mindfulness B. are malleable and poorly defined The patient said: Not really sick to Narmada Kidney Foundation > Uncategorized > vsim andrew davis steps. B. physical aggression C. "people taking this medication often experience dermatitis" C. shield oneself with a pillow How should the nurse respond to this client? A. validation Which of the following findings should the nurse expect? C. splitting Upon entering the client's room, the nurse finds the the client is very angry and is punching pillows to express the anger. C. cultural norms determine the behaviors that are associated with personality disorders Company Registration Number: 61965243 A. explore what is underlying the client's physical and emotional state you saying you feel anxious? A. Which aspect of this behavior is most likely to cause problems for the patient? C. "make sure that another colleague knows where you are at all times" D. "I am here to help you through every step of this process", A nurse is giving a talk about child abuse to a local community group. A. This system is more intensely activated in patients with a vulnerability C. incest Do you A. allow the client to select preferred meal times Students also viewed 3,4 - methylendedioxymethamphetamine B . B. egocentricity fewer standard drinks on a single day and fewer than 7 drinks in a week. C. "this medication maintains your blood pressure at a normal level during alcohol withdrawal" 1:51 The patient said: Why are you asking me so many questions? C. Discuss the feelings with a colleague to promote coping. "I am here so we can talk about what is making you angry" C. haloperidol D. prepare to seclude the client, The nurses on a mental health unit are reviewing aspects of the unit environment in a staff meeting. B. assessing for auditory and visual hallucinations frequently B. in this hospital because my wife said I couldn't come home. D. History of depression, A client has a diagnosis of borderline personality disorder and lives at home with the client's parents. C. manic behaviors imperative that nurses recognize symptoms and provide early pharmacologic Which response is most important for the nurse to make to this client? 56 terms. vsim andrew davis steps. D. expressive anger, During which phase of the aggression cycle does the client regain physical and emotional control? B. fine tremors of both hands