Does he seem OK?". 6 of our favourite bags from the luxe new accessories label to know, Win 10,000 to kickstart your fashion career, 5 new spring denim cuts to flatter your figure. And he didn't say anything, he was just giving me a hug. But while she and her husband, Mark Consuelos, relax at their luxury home in The Hamptons with their children, fans have been asking what happened to their oldest son, Michael, who seems to have disappeared from the staycation. MORE:Where is Kelly Ripa and why isn't she on Live? Subscribe here. with Kelly and Ryan," Ripa shared that she and Consuelos are officially . This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, Kelly Ripa's son Michael makes revelation about famous family in rare interview, Kelly Ripa reveals incredible news and husband Mark Consuelos 'can't wait', Kelly Ripa prepares for bittersweet end of an era in her family. ', Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos Share Laughs with Their Three Kids on Thanksgiving, Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos Run a 5K Together: 'Two Incredibly Average Runners', Kelly Ripa Says Youngest Son Joaquin Consuelos Got His Driver's License: 'Big Day in Our House', Mark Consuelos, Ryan Seacrest Celebrate Kelly Ripa's 52nd Birthday: 'So Proud of You', Kelly Ripa Says Son Michael's Post-College Job 'Evaporated' Due to Pandemic: 'Adulting Is Hard', Kelly Ripa Says Becoming an Empty Nester with Husband Mark Consuelos Was 'Shocking and Quiet', Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos Do Rock Climbing 'Couples Therapy': 'Love on the Rocks'. On Instagram, the 25-year-old actor shared a mysterious snapshot of himself on the set of a television show or movie. Her mother, Esther Ripa was a homemaker, and her father, Joseph Ripa was a bus driver. By registering to HELLO! The New Jersey native shared that she tested negative for a number of. After . He's like, 'Hey, where's this?' Ripa then shared she's been watching some home videos with Lola and recalled a funny memory of Joaquin stealing a stuffed animal from his older brother Michael. "Are you and Mark so happy and proud though? Now that hes living on his own, hes called three times, Halloween envelope arrived? Just so he can have electricity, Ripa said. I dont think he ever really experienced extreme poverty like now., KELLY RIPA AND MARK CONSUELOS 'CRYING' OVER DAUGHTER STARTING COLLEGE. asked Seacrest. However, her son appears to be in good health, as there is no evidence that he is ill at this time. Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos sent their youngest son off to college, and it was an emotional journey.. On Tuesday's "Live! Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos supported their son Joaquin, a student and wrestler at the University of Michigan, by visiting the campus on Saturday to . "Here's the problem. Mark and Kelly are one of Hollywood's favorite couples. ", "We dropped him off at school and we gave him a hug it was actually brutally painful," she recalled. as well as other partner offers and accept our. Market data provided by Factset. You were in Vancouver for a while, so I figured' He's like, 'Don't figure, ask!' Her nationality is American and belongs to the Mixed (Italian and Irish)ethnicity. As People reported in September 2021, she shared during an episode of "Live with Kelly and Ryan" how difficult it was to drop youngest son Joaquin Consuelos off at college. Georgia Slater is a writer/reporter on the Parents team at PEOPLE. MORE: Kelly Ripa reunites with son Joaquin - but she's not impressed, MORE:Kelly Ripa details terrifying uncertainty with her children. "Things are less severe when you're an adult and things that bothered you when you were a kid don't really bother you anymore. "Yeah, he worked one day last week. How to Watch 'Daisy Jones & the Six' Online Now Streaming, John Legend Launches Affordable Skincare Line Loved01 at Walmart, How to Watch Farmer Wants a Wife Premiering March 8, 15 Spring Wedding Guest Dresses for Every Budget, How and Where to Watch All The Oscar-Nominated Films Online, Mark Consuelos Cant Stop Checking Out Wife Kelly Ripa, These Celebrity Kids Look Exactly Like Their Parents. Co-host Ryan Seacrest also brought up the family's recent vacation pics, including one of Mark and his sons and a much darker one of Kelly and her sons. The two went on to have three children together. Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos sent their youngest sonoff to college, and it was an emotional journey. & 2023 CBS Studios Inc. and CBS Interactive Inc., Paramount companies. Joaquin took a break from college to support his brother. ", Read more: THEN AND NOW: 53 celebrity kids who are all grown up, Ripa went on to say that she and her husband, Mark Consuelos, who she met on the set of the soap opera "All My Children," "didn't grow up privileged. Only now they're much bigger," she said of her kids. Conscious, hard-working, diligent, respectful," she continues. "Joaquin iswatching, so I only have nicethings to say about him," Michael joked of his sibling. I think it was a good motivator.. Due to Kelly's absence, entertainment host Maria Menounos has stepped in to fill her role. If you wish to change your mind and would like to stop receiving communications from hellomagazine.com, you can revoke your consent by clicking on "unsubscribe" in the footer of the newsletter. The Live with Kelly and Ryan host, 52, shared a sweet throwback photo on Thursday featuring her husband Mark Consuelos and son Michael in Italy. With age, Michael has come to accept his mom talking about him and his family on TV and social media. It was really hard. Meanwhile, Riparakes in about $20 million per year forLive With Kelly and Ryan," according to Forbes, and the family live in a multimillion dollar townhouse on the Upper East Side of New York City. "She already adopted a dog, so she's already been preparing," Michael said of his mom's new dog, Lena. I know it's a long journey," Seacrest asked Ripa. 's newsletter, you acknowledge that you have read and accepted hellomagazine.com's privacy policy, the cookies policy, and the website terms of use, and that you consent to hellomagazine.com using your data according to the established laws. WATCH: Kelly Ripa melts hearts with touching montage for oldest son Michael. You can find out more and change our default settings with Cookies Settings. with Kelly and Ryan in various formats.. As an actress, Ripa's best known roles include Hayley Vaughan on the ABC daytime soap opera All My Children (1990-2002, 2010) and Faith Fairfield on the ABC sitcom Hope & Faith . Published on October 16, 2022 01:55 PM. Kelly and Mark are also parents to Lola Consuelos, who started at NYU in late August, and younger son Joaquin Consuelos. MORE:Kelly Ripa's daughter Lola has a big year ahead - and it's bittersweet for her family. It's especially heartfelt now that Kelly and Mark are empty-nesters. Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos' 18-year-old son went to prom on Tuesday night and sported a tuxedo that belongs to the "Riverdale" star. MORE: Kelly Ripa details terrifying uncertainty with her children In one photo, Kelly, Lola, Mark and Joaquin posed in the stands with the crowds behind them and the father-son duo looked. The Tonight Show alum, who suffered third-degree burns when his face, neck, ear, upper body, left arm and hands caught fire on Nov. 12, appeared on Wednesday's Kelly Clarkson Show along with the . Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos' son Joaquin suits up for prom: See the dapper photos, Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. And I said, 'I did not realize that 18 years would go so fast' and he didn't say anything, he was just giving me a hug. All Rights Reserved. You've successfully subscribed to this newsletter! Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos's oldest son, Michael, has always dreamed of becoming a filmmaker and it looks like his dream is finally starting to come true. It also happened to be a time when Riverdale , a show his dad Mark Consuelos stars in, was looking to cast a younger version of his character. He'll be headed off to Michigan and leaving New York behind him, meaning Kelly and Mark will be empty nesters. "'Michael respects his father's work ethic,' " she reads in a serious tone. A post shared by Michael Consuelos (@michael.consuelos), Michael plays a young version of his dad's character in Riverdale. Kelly Ripa Celebrates Son Joaquin's 20th Birthday with Throwback Photos: It Goes By in a 'Flash', Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos Discuss Being 'Wrestling Parents': 'We Don't Know Anything', All About Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos' 3 Kids, Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos Say Daughter Lola Has Moved Home And Warn Her It's 'Freaky Week', Kelly Ripa Enjoys 'Favorite Holiday Tradition' Before Christmas with Mark Consuelos and Their Kids, Kelly Ripa Shares Funny Comments Husband Mark Consuelos Made During Childbirth: 'Do You Mind If I Eat? Ripa is married to actor Mark Conseulos with whom she shares . Joaquin Consuelos, the 17-year-old son of the "Live with Kelly and Ryan" host and "All My Children" star . Quotes displayed in real-time or delayed by at least 15 minutes. She said: "Mark and I were Facetiming the other night, and you'll be surprised to know - because you're nothing like this at all - Mark got very emotional and choked up and said, 'I never thought he would be able to go to college,' because he was profoundly dyslexic and dysgraphic.". Michael was one of thousands of New York University graduates who finally got the big ceremony they've been waiting for at NYU's signature graduation spot, the iconic Yankee Stadium. Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos Celebrate Son Joaquin's 19th Birthday: 'We Love You Buddy' To mark the occasion, the couple shared a number of photos of their youngest child throughout the years on . "I'm used to getting a lot of slack because people love to have fake outrage over something they didn't see. Some things are easier and some things are a lot harder. Actor, Mark Consuelos, and TV host, Kelly Ripa, met each other in 1995, on the set of the soap opera, All My Children. "It's all normal to me," he says. A user called the Emmy winner "out of touch. Sign up for notifications from Insider! You did it, you raised three amazing kids who are now adults.". And he kept walking. "I think it's edgy. On Thursday, the 24-year-old actor made a guest appearance on Live With Kelly and Ryan,where he opened up about his famous family and getting into acting. ", MORE:Kelly Ripa reveals incredible news and husband Mark Consuelos 'can't wait', READ:Kelly Ripa prepares for bittersweet end of an era in her family. "I wish I had set the. Kelly Ripa is one proud mom! Michael updated his social media followers with photos from the set of Riverdale, where he got a guest role as a younger version of his father's character. Kelly Ripa is reminiscing about an Italian getaway long ago!. Michael vacationed with his family in Italy recently. She appeared on the late night talk show Tuesday and talked about about how her son, Michael Consuelos, is living . Want all the latest celebrity news sent right to your inbox? Kelly Ripa addressed recent comments she made about her son Michael Consuelos. '", Kelly Ripa Is Writing Her First-Ever Book: Here's What to Expect, Mark Consuelos Can't Stop Checking Out Wife Kelly Ripa in Cheeky Photo, Kelly Ripa Responds to Claims She's Missing a Foot in Her Family Photo, By signing up, you agree to our Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos' youngest son left his Michigan college to reunite with his family for a very special reason, Kelly Ripa's daughter Lola has a big year ahead - and it's bittersweet for her family, Kelly Ripa reunites with son Joaquin - but she's not impressed, Kelly Ripa details terrifying uncertainty with her children, Kelly Ripa makes tongue-in-cheek remark about her age in new photo that gets fans talking, Kelly Ripa's New York townhouse has the most extravagant dcor. 73,272, This story has been shared 57,804 times. 33,856, 2023 NYP Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved "Michael goes to college and is a senior and works full time," Ripa wrote on Instagram in response to a user who commented on a recent photo of her and Consuelos, a 22-year-old student at New York University, asking whether he was still in school or ever had a job. Consuelos agreed with his wife's statement, saying, "We don't know anything!". The aspiring actor and producer recently worked with both of his parents on the Lifetime movie, Lets Get Physical. Michael lives inBushwick, Brooklyn, and pays his own rent and bills without the help of his well-off parents. Kelly Ripa is the co-host of the morning show "Live with Kelly and Ryan." She previously stared on the soap opera "All My Children. "I don't think he ever really experienced extreme poverty like now. Quotes displayed in real-time or delayed by at least 15 minutes. Consuleos, 51, also posted a photo of himself with Joaquin, who held up his championship ring, and a close-up of his son's new piece of hardware. The pair also joked about how they ended up becoming sports parents, even though they initially planned not to get their children "in sports" after watching parents move "across the country to support their kids" during the Olympics. Joaquin has loved wrestling since he was a little boy and his parents couldn't be prouder of him following his dreams in the sport while at college. ", "I got new glasses and then my dad texts me, 'Where did you get those glasses?' When you visit this site, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. "We are so thrilled we did it young because now I'm like, 'Imagine if our kids were this age now?' "But now that [Michael's]living on his own, he's called, like, three times. "Then they would squeal and scream and it was always exciting.". Born on February 24, 2003, in the United States of America, Joaquin is five years younger than Michael and about two years younger than Lola. Like this story? For more on Michael Consuelos, pick up PEOPLE's 2022 Sexiest Man Alive issue, on newsstands Friday, or subscribe here.