And she starred in the recent Freeform holiday movie Ghosting: The Spirit of Christmas. It took us about four years to get it made. A post shared by DeVon Franklin (@devonfranklin). A post shared by Jazz Raycole (@jraycole), In a 2012 interview with PSLOVECHARLI, Jazz said that it was her 2004 episode of SVU filmed around the time that she was 15 that solidified her acting ambition. They did not have any kids from their relationship. It was definitely a leap of faith, and being obedient, and being like, God, youre gonna work this out.. I remember being in my early twenties and looking at some of my friends who were very frustrated with the commentary of, You may not play the lead because youre Black, and that might not sell our movies, or this or that. Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez split after 4-year romance: Who will keep stunning $1.8M engagement ring? Her husband, movie producer DeVon Franklin, filed for divorce on Monday, Dec. 20, after nine years of marriage. Franklin previously sang Good's praises earlier this month, celebrating the release of her Amazon Prime Video series Harlem. Franklin is shown various times throughout the series playing the piano, but what you might not have realized is that Gray-Cabey is hitting the keys and making the music all by himself no special effects necessary. On Tuesday, Good and Franklin announced their split in a joint statement, six months after celebrating their ninth wedding anniversary. Ratings might have been going down, which is very difficult to avoid for a show that's been on the air for four years and isn't the exciting new thing anymore. Meagan Good andHosea Chanchezwere romantically linked to each other from April 1995 to June 1998.Meagan met her first love, rapper Lil Wayne in March 1998, when the two were doing a show in Los Angeles. Jay's patience is tested by the quirky shenanigans that her children and husband get up to, which allows the audience to relate to her. The idea that people wouldnt turn out for a Black female drama doesnt seem to make much sense. Distractify is a registered trademark. Glenn Garner is a Writer/Reporter who works heavily with PEOPLE's Movies and TV verticals. Luckily, she has no regrets about leaving, saying that the freed-up schedule allowed her to pursue her dreams in dance for a while. Franklin also acknowledged he and Good would see a therapist as a couple as well as individually, a choice he said was inspired by one of his mentors,Will Smith. At the time, Gore was 18 years old, making the age difference between mother and son only 15 years. In the early stages of her career, she worked as an extra on television shows such as, Doogie Howser, M.D., and Amen. if(document.querySelector("#adunit")){ "I wanted to have someone come inject me because I couldn't ever imagine injecting myself," Good said whose only issue was the "tenderness" that followed. }) We were at youth group one nightAlicia, a good friend of hers Barbara, her older sister Joachima, her friend Gina, and they were babysitting a little girl named Jessica, who was 4and the five of them got into a car accident. Vanessa explains to Jay that she is truly in love with Junior. Meagans hair color is black and her eyes color is dark brown. When DeVon and I got together, I really came under fire from a lot of Christians and folks in the church. I couldnt agree more. This announcement comes after they celebrated their ninth anniversary in June this year. You mentioned bullying, and it plays a role in the film as well with your daughters character being bullied by her classmates. For one, that was not a funny experienceit was traumatizingand two, Im not going to go up there and act like Im apologizing to someone when I have nothing to apologize for. Their response was: You either say it or you dont present. So I was like, OK, then I wont present. And when I got off the phone, I cried. But I was never really that girl who said, I cant wait to get married, I cant wait to be a mother. I was very much a tomboy, and I started my career so young that Id always been very business-oriented. Since the show's cancellation in 2005, she has only continued to book more roles. We soon became very close.. Instead, actress Jennifer Freeman took over the part of Claire, who also underwent a drastic personality change. "Will has been a mentor and a friend, and has been very helpful to me in terms of helping me do the work that I need to do as a man -- to be a better man, to be a better husband and getting that work and getting that therapy," he said at the time. I was never the best, the prettiest, or the most talented, but everything Ive done is because God has allowed it. Oh my God. This is an impressive attempt to keep me indoors, one viewer tweeted on July 8. ", "Their work schedules often kept them apart, and they just haven't been spending a lot of time together this past year," the source says. And then I went through a season of feeling like I was trying to do everything right and couldnt quite get it right, and then I was upset with God, and then I rededicated when I was 19. Later when she found out they had slept together, she and Michael came up with a plan to give Junior a plane ticket to Japan so that he would leave her. Gray-Cabey's family decided to instill musical instruments into their children's lives to escape their growing obsession with video games. All the while, I was doing the cover of King magazine in an itty-bitty skirt and a bustier. "After much prayer and consideration, we have decided to go into our futures separately but forever connected," the couple said in a joint statement to PEOPLE. Jay and Vanessa got along well now, but before when Vanessa was caught in her and Michael's bed with Junior, Jay very much disliked her. I felt like I gave so much to that relationship. So why divorce [thinking emoji], Why would you want to divorce the love of your life? }); Engaged in May 2012, married in June 2012, filed for divorce in Dec 2021. Her breakthrough performance came in the role of a sexually charged teenager in the 1997 movie Eves Bayou and she later went on to land a regular role in the kid-friendly sitcom Cousin Skeeter. He describes her as being absolutely perfect, leading to his parents being slightly wary of the effect that this so-called "perfect girl" may have on their impressionable and dim-witted son. Its interesting, because if youre able to track down any interview Ive made it a point to always mention God. Why did DeVon Franklin and Meagan Good split? ", A post shared by Meag G, Ms. Good~If Ya Nasty (@meagangood), While it appears the divorce is amicable, Good took to Instagram on the day Franklin filed the paperwork and posted two cryptic quotes on her Story. eventCategory: event.slot.getSlotElementId(), While audiences are used to seeing Franklin in the Kyle home, we don't see much of his family until we're introduced to his sister Aretha, who just so happens to be an amazing singer. Therefore, she has also appeared in numerous music videos by famous artists such as 50 Cent, Imajin, Lil Johnny, Memphis Bleek, Tyrese, and Will Smith. For some reason never revealed Meagan was replaced in the role So, who replaces Meagan Good as Vanessa in Season 4 of "My Wife and Kids?" Make it make sense.. Offers may be subject to change without notice. While people are busy spying on Meghan, Prince William and Kate continuously stay in love with each other because of their one golden rulekeep the romance alive! We just havent had it much in this generation. Yes, we have ensembles and comedies, but we havent quite had anything that reminds me of the films we used to have in the 90s, and we got a lot of pushback. Ive worked tooth and nail for every single thing that God has allowed. I take pride in that. The couple broke up in April 2006 after dating ON and OFF for a couple of years. He took drastic action and kicked Junior out and told Vanessa to get out of the house. The reason for this has to do with creator Damon Wayans. eventAction: 'render' I saw that you said on Instagram it was due to an unlicensed aesthetician who gave you a bad skin product. If you read those interviews, I would always talk about Jesus but I dont think people took notice of it until DeVon and I got together, because hes a preacher and talking about my journey with celibacy blew up that conversation. However, once Season 4 came around, audiences noticed that Good had left the show and Vanessa had been recast. So, a combination of several things!, Let's Talk About That Major 'Supergirl' Recasting in Season 6, 'All American' Actor Elvis Nolasco Shares Statement After Fans Noticed His Role Was Recast, What Happened to Boyd on 'Last Man Standing'? So, it was less like Suzanne and more emotionally traumatizing for me. Raycole toldThe Christian Post that she was 12 years old when she got cast on "My Wife and Kids," and that she was too young to go in the direction that they wanted for Claire. Jay is a loving mother who, like her husband, uses wit and sarcasm to parent her family. [Laughs] I just thought that was really clever. They knew that the kids needed something else to distract their minds, and lucky enough, the children strongly took to playing together. window.googletag.pubads().addEventListener('slotRenderEnded', function(event) { The Wayans brothers were raised Jehovah's Witnesses;therefore, the members of the family who still practice don't celebrate holidays. Alicia came out the least scathed but had to undergo a lot of surgeries and trauma. A separate insider similarly tells PEOPLE, "Due to their busy work schedules and filming in different states, they didn't see each other that much even before COVID. Although he did take a step back from the religion for a few years, he later returned to the faith (via YouTube). Meagan Good and DeVon Franklin's split may not have been a surprise to those who knew them. Everything Meagan Good and DeVon Franklin Said About Their Relationship: 'Marriage Is Work, Every Day', Meagan Good Says Whoopi Goldberg Was 'Instrumental' and 'Eye-Opening' as She Split from Husband of 10 Years, DeVon Franklin Reflects on 'Painful' Reality of Living in the 'I Don't' After Split from Meagan Good, Meagan Good Reflects on Year of 'Transitions' amid Divorce: 'Going to Take a Beat for Myself', 'Harlem' Star Meagan Good and Husband DeVon Franklin to Divorce After 9 Years of Marriage, Meagan Good's Ex DeVon Franklin Says He's 'Fully in Pain and Peace' After Split, Meagan Good Says She's Still 'Hopeful for the Future' After 'Painful' Divorce from DeVon Franklin, Meagan Good Says Halle Berry Showed Her 'Support and Love' amid Divorce, Avril Lavigne's Dating History: From Brody Jenner to Mod Sun, Kendall Jenner's Dating History: From Harry Styles to Bad Bunny, Megan Fox and Brian Austin Green's Relationship Timeline, Gisele Bndchen Steps Out in Miami in Matching Spandex Set: She 'Loves' Working Again, Says Source, Who is Matt Lauer's Girlfriend? }); In the film, theres a characterSuzannewhose football player-husband cheats on her repeatedly. According to CBC News,Gray-Cabey has been playing the piano since he was a mere 4 years old, however it took him years before he was ever able to read sheet music. All Rights Reserved. Meagan Good Reveals Why Her Husband Left Her Meagan Good and Devon Franklin are divorcing after NINE years of marriage and Meg Its cable reimagined No DVR I was like, Would you do this to Gabrielle Union or Taraji? They discover Vanessa is pregnant, and Junior must tell his less-than-enthused parents. As luck would have it, Good worked with Jennifer Freeman again in 2004's "You Got Served.". By using our Services, you agree to our use of cookies. And then I got home and saw that I was trending on Twitter with all these Christians just dragging me. Well, mine was different in the sense that Im not aware if I dealt with any infidelity. I just have a sneaky feeling this is fixable. "Once I got used to it, it was like, 'Lets get this thing done!'" Meagan Good initially portrays Vanessa ABC A big casting change occurred in Season 2 when audiences noticed that Jennifer Freeman had taken over as the middle child That would be none other than Donna Summer's daughter Brooklyn Sudano. ", "We celebrate almost a decade of marriage together and a love that is eternal," the statement continued. Vanessa has sexual intercourse with Junior in her, now, in-law's (Michael and Jay's) bed. }); Meagan Good and DeVon Franklin's split may not have been a surprise to those who knew them. Tax from earning and keeping up residence in both places was a motivating factor, sources suggest. In the beginning, I was a straight-up Bible-stomper. While his statement may have quieted speculation of turmoil brewing between the former lovers, it did little to ease confusion for fans still wondering what wrong in the picturesque union. However when Vanessa told him he was pregnant he told them "no" so he could stay by her side and bring Junior, Jr up together in the Kyle household. More than a decade and a half after it left ABC airwaves, the 2000s-era sitcom My Wife and Kids is finally streaming, and fans are rejoicing. Im so sorry. But if someone said that to you in real life youd probably be like, What the fuck?. Its interesting. WebDuring the third season of My Wife and Kids actress Meagan Good joined the cast as Kyle Jr's girlfriend Vanessa Scott. Kaley Cuoco thought she'd never marry again after ex husband Ryan Sweeting ruined the word for her, Good froze her eggs in her late 30s after years of thinking of herself to be someone who isn't the marriage type and someone who didn't want kids. We raised a little money on Kickstarter, but it wasnt enough, and then we had a private investor come in and started to pitch the project to him and he said, Stopyou had me at Black women. I was raised by all women, and I do feel like this generation needs this story. And that was that. It was one of those situations where the arguments would get so bad, I would find myself walking on the side of the freeway at three in the morning convinced that I was walking to the airport in Fort Lauderdale, even though Im from California and dont even know where that airport is. Joachima died instantly; Gina died later that night; Jessica, the little girl, was put on life support and died about a week later; and Barbara had really bad brain damage. She starred in the TV shows Jericho, The Soul Man, and The Quad. }) Is Everything Good: Fans Express Concern Over Meagan Goods Hunched Over Appearance While Out In NYC, I Dont Think Its Something You Should be Asked to Do: Meagan Good Says She Can Relate to Eartha Kitts Message About Compromise In Relationships, What to Watch: Here Are 15 TV Shows and MoviesStreaming on Netflix, Hulu, BET+, and More This Weekend. For Wayans, his status as a memorable TV dad likely means a lot to him, as he created the Kyle family and the character Michael from his personal experiences. eventAction: 'view' We are also extremely thankful to God for the testimony being created inside us both and for blessing our lives with each other," they added. When I was 18 and I got my first serious boyfriend, he lived out in L.A., and when I went out there it was a culture shock for me, because Id never seen that many Black people in once place. I didnt realize there werent a lot of female directors in general, and there were barely any Black female directors at that time. Think Like a Man actress Meagan Good is rethinking her marriage. "After much prayer and consideration, we have decided to go into our futures separately but forever connected," they said. Why was Meagan Good replaced on my wife? Atlanta Black Star is a narrative company. So its great that your film centers the stories of four middle-class Black women going through everyday struggles. Moreover, Meagan datedrapper Soulja Boy from November 2008 to January 2009. Unabashed sitcom fans the world over, and maybeeven a few folks out there who don't like to admit it, love to sit down and unwind with their favorite TV family. However, there is a reference to his faith in the Season 2 Episode "Perfect Dad." Portrayed by actor Noah Gray-Cabey, Franklin is a staple character for the series. There was a rumor that Meagan Goodslept with Jamie Foxx, Lil Wayne, 50 Cent, and Nick Cannon.