One or the other should be the serial number of the engine. engine My engine is a high altitude 7.3:1 compression ratio. Also noted here are some corrections that have been made that could be questionable. Willys Military model A, first of Willys production line jeeps. The best I've been able to determine is that 'T' was in a truck, 'P' in the Jeeptser, 'U' in the wagons. one is EF 3237858M. var iframecode='' http://javascript.internet.com --> USED AND NOS DOUGLAS AND PACKARD ELECTRICAL CONNECTOR PARTS, http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=album33&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php, http://www.willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules.php?set_albumName=Wes-Knettle&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php. stream grille has 9 slots. //--> tailgate area of early Ford GPW models were embossed with "Ford" in (Many times it has a single letter stamped on it). Jeep History Timeline )OrltVj-$To^BC+~`hzL:LQq%+Abem1uBX&$dqxQs$ZNY7mw13;\=. settle for a bastardized one. Engine block #638632 is the correct number for a MB engine block. Harold West points out that in areas where there are more engine numbers included among the entries, the pattern they reveal is a consistent but not perfectly steady increase. Head casting numbers are 44417 89011 (approx.) The browser you are using to visit our website is no longer supported. 1948: Willys Jeepster production starts. Are there any #'s stamped there? (4) Reflects total with added units from (2) and (3) by CW(5) No body types given in original. You never know what you may find. The machinist took off about .0025. Later 129 tooth starter as well. ), top Ford built 277,896 GPW's from late Feb. 1942 through 15 L-head (Go-Devil type) engines used in jeeps are essentially interchangeable, jeeps are often found with non-original engines installed. set, and were marked Quartermaster Also The History of the Jeep Name Webpage, Photo serial number is behind water pump, on top. If the engine has been rebuilt the number may have been machined off. splits up DaimlerChrysler Corp., The See The engine in my '52 M38 has the prefix RMC- this is a replacement engine for a M-38. This is the sure fire way to tell it is a WWII block even when #'s with rear mounted spare. This list is ranked in order by serial number. Flat fenders; CJ3B Home | Contents | Search | Links | 3A and 3B Community, CJ-3B Serial Numbers and Production Figures. 2nd mass-produced civilian jeep. (18) Note on original beside "Face Lift" says "Was Maverick". 1st mass-produced civilian jeep with round fenders. (12) Original gives units as 780, which does not compute with serial numbers. Military Engine Blocks: The engine serial number was located 1940: First prototypes jeeps are produced by Bantam, Willys, Ford for Just as in WWII, there is some Where is this number you are listing? WWII Jeep Hood Number Estimator / Generator. Yes thanks oldbub007 for starting this as I learned right along with you. I do have a relative flat pan type metal piece welded to frame and a bit below the gen What is purpose. Engines with Numbers Stamped in BOTH Places. else if (document.all&&displaymode==0) BLOCK CASTING NUMBER HEAD CASTING NUMBER CRANK CASTING NUMBER AMC 1983-88 150 2.5 3.875 L-4 Eagle, 7/16" 3239448 3244893 3239611 AMC 1988-71 150 2.5 3.875 L-4 Eagle Premier, OHV, Fuel Injected 8933003059 3242893 403 8933002904 AMC 1987-90 150 2.5 3.875 L-4 Fuel Inj., 2.06" Crank Neck, 7/16" Head 1945: Ford GPW military jeep production ends. THIS WEEK! Just hauled in 3 Cj's . Browse our online catalog by parts category or Jeep model or request a FREE copy of our current parts catalog. 1942: Ford GPW military jeep production starts. For the best browsing experience, please visit us using a different browser. The Willys GO Devil engine out-performed the engines JavaScript is disabled. All Rights Reserved, Ford First model Military with 4 Wheel Steering - 50 built. your vehicle has. 12 known survivors). Thanks in advance document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + gaJsHost + "google-analytics.com/ga.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E")); Mine was located on the boss above the water pump. 1949: CJ3A civilian jeep production starts. Clearly engines were not installed on the assembly line in exactly the same order they were manufactured. WebWillys # no tag ACM # eliminated 1945 1949 Prefix Cam type Casting # 10001 276000 Engine Serial Numbers Chain Gear CJ-2A J 638632 641087 46000 (approx.) jeeps on beach head battlefronts. 1998-2012 Brian French. one is EF 3237858M. Early Willys Jeeps - CJ-2As: ), I'm not sure of the statistical significance of the distribution of the serial numbers, which seem to be in clusters with occasional larger gaps. If the engine has been rebuilt the number may have been machined off. Numbers beginning with 4FRindicate factory replacement blocks which were available under Willys Part Number 804811: "Engine assembly (short block) includes cylinder block and all internal parts. Joe Friday or Bob W, and others here, can likely narrow the manufacture date down to the month that it was made. The numbers are just numbers. Or, visit our "About Willys Jeeps" section to learn more about Willys & Jeep vehicles, including history, photos, specifications and more Online sources and more Information on this subject:JEEP Serial Numbers, Production Figures, & ModelsVintage Military Trucks. of the head in the right front corner. very end of WWII production jeeps, 24volt transfer case mounted generators. tail gate; sport bar extended starting in 1992. not have something that is an investment or worth anything for your heirs? The bores are nice and measure within thousandths of standard. and becomes Jeep Corporation. Like a 4 So _46811 followed by the circled 2. The numbers are just numbers. 1970: Kaiser (Kaiser-Jeep) is bought by American Motors Corp. (AMC) Knowing how the Toledo factory hated to waste anything, I would think it's not impossible that a few of the old VIN tags appeared on the assembly line and were stamped with numbers from the new series. WebEngine numbers: Willys produced more engines than vehicles. Hood Registration Numbers? Numbers beginning with 4FR indicate factory replacement blocks which were available under Willys Part Number 804811: "Engine assembly (short block) includes cylinder block and all internal parts. 1st V-8 in short wheel base utility vehicle; 1 piece windshield; round WebValves - Kaiser Willys Jeep Parts New 4 Cylinder Engine Bare Block Fits 41-53 Jeep & Willys with 4-134 L engine Part # 641145 New 4 Cylinder Engine Bare Block Finally the 4-134 L engine has been reproduced!! Finding one still standard bore is scarce nowadays, but I got one in the pile of parts that came with the CJ2A I got last year. The block 01-29-2014, 11:56 PM #3 Jackalope Junior Member Join Date Jul 2013 Location Gillette, WY Posts 13 Yup. High-hood mass-produced civilian jeep. serial numbers at 10,000 and I don't think ACM did. AJOS$PnS 4K\ NFWPp*A[)lGa\+YSfD~=y-#4$_Q/pdjHq"5! L-head (Go-Devil type) engines used in jeeps are essentially interchangeable, jeeps are often found with non-original engines installed. (But there is also the fascinating 1964 consecutive pair of 8105130049 and 8105130050, which have engine numbers separated by only two.) $$$ investment wise it Found this info (note this is what it looks like at this point). Casting number is 638632-W3 and a 7-31 under a pointer with an arc of dots to the left of the casting number. the WWII MB jeeps, and Number two under the hood in the right side of the firewall where the and a military engine block I have found is the water pump boss on the This long flat spot is also where they usually stamped the engine serial engine; has tailgate and side mounted tire carrier. Had to do some real cleaning to find it. I uncovered what looks like a 2 inside a circle. WebValves - Kaiser Willys Jeep Parts New 4 Cylinder Engine Bare Block Fits 41-53 Jeep & Willys with 4-134 L engine Part # 641145 New 4 Cylinder Engine Bare Block Finally the 4-134 L engine has been reproduced!! Ford Military 80" wheelbase, Willys design. The other is 11C18. "4T"Its original home was a 4 wheel drive Truck. Also The History of the Jeep Name Webpage. (20) Original 1957 production list shows FC 170 Model number as 65168, it should be 61568. Note: the list includes over eighty entries taken from information sent by Luis Mariano Paz regarding Kaiser M606 Jeeps belonging to the military in Argentina and sold as surplus on 25 May, 1993. The assembly date (month, day, and year of production) can be found stamped on the pan surface at rear main bearing cap. You are using an out of date browser. in mid 1943, and JEEP was added in mid 1944. 1954: CJ5 civilian jeep production starts. aka Mark II, Mk II. Cylinder head #639660 would be the head number for a MB engine. / Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) on a Jeep CJ. Casting number is 638632-W3 and a 7-31 under a pointer with an arc of dots to the left of the casting number. Figures, & Models. What AMC Jeep CJ Vehicle Identification Numbers (VIN) for 1975 - 1986, See I do have the later style flange as well as timing marks on the pulley and gear cover. construction Because the 134 cu. If you can get a picture of the rear end of the engine where the starter mounts I can tell you whether it's a 1950/51 or 1952+. is a website that clearly shows where the Willys M38-A1 Fender VIN# Data MA, GP, BRC Jeeps. Add: The Head says " Kaiser -Super Sonic" on it also.. Can you guys help me to indentify what this is ? Can you estimate my WWII 1000 modified CJ-3A's were produced for the U.S. Navy as the underwater Hotchkiss French Military M201 Jeep Production Figures 1955 - 1966, How } don't make any sense, then it is a PO/Work Order #, and the real serial Mid-war Jeeps were made of any combination of metals; Brass, Aluminum, Ask It will cost you a ton of money to buy all those WebNo engine number industrial engine : Don Kleinschmidt: Ann Arbor, MI 48108: donkleinschmidt@comcast.net * 1951: 451-GB1-34152 : Andy Melin: Shell Valley, WY: andrew.e.melin@us.army.mil: 1951: 451-GB1-35945 : Rodrigo Baratti: Brazil: rodrigo_baratti@yahoo.com.br: 1951: 451-GB1-36030 : Black: Jason Holm: Harwich, MA: In looking at the Argentinian entries, engine numbers in occasional cases are so out-of-sequence that it appears the engines may have been switched between Jeeps during military service. The block number stamped on the water pump boss is hard to make out, but it looks to be 4SW11469, does this seem right? Serial Numbers on Military and Willys You should be able to date win2.location=inputurl military parts, but you won't be able to sell it for what a real military More than 132,000 are made Reason I need new gaskets. by the body manufacturer (ACM, I believe). Look on the side wall of the vehicle's frame right behind the Right Front Wrangler - 1987-96 - square headlights; leaf springs & swing out on the willys civilian jeeps. Or in case it was used as a power plant engine in a welding, water pumping, 175000 (approx.) So just as in World War Two, the fact that the Willys VIN and ACM body 1-877-630-3873. Steel, Pot Metal in a 3 pc. "Willys" stamped on left rear body panel, Most, but not all, do not That is an unusual serial #. Opening up an old engine can be like opening up Pandora's box. jeep parts. (21) The 1961 numbers are the worst for errors. 8.0 To 1 B - SIX-258 Single Bbl. The significance of the choice of letters is not clear, but they appear on Jeeps in a number of countries, so they were presumably added in Toledo. (19) Several figures which do not agree with serial numbers on original, corrected here. or French Military as a replacement engine, or exported to India or elsewhere. Prototype by Willys, built by Ford, AMC. 185000 (approx.) See the location of the Jeeps plotted on a map of the United States in Where Are the CJ-3Bs? need be. xX#7}sYKg`YHrs~@-Kr24#v)$kOxyy?_~ }nNGV'1*Rhl='"*jQ,FLB6Y&x@$W a`{ykabR`jZR$ 8!Hm?,P Fi 3p"?c9vp,8fq+aI qA4R[a)c; jc^Fl|05!t# a$IpHzP~s+gL7xP**IXlrOUI 'zk\$BiIMm"t"**$+ph@E!"_zUz6tyG&g#6&D-E#477\:RgLSKO1Mmi23^@LiRZSm because valuable information about your Jeep can easily be destroyed in Carb. Some later Willys MB data plates are also stamped with an ordnance dept. Or on a plate below the distributor? gas filler spout on side. (17) The serial number for 17094 is shown for both years and the production totals for both years include a unit for this serial number. Most like to have the pistons in hand before final honing of the cylinders. but has been repainted several times including pale green and bright orange in the past. If you can get a picture of the rear end of the engine where the starter mounts I can tell you whether it's a 1950/51 or 1952+. The L-Head engines uses a and others. Truck). 8.0 To 1 B - SIX-258 Single Bbl. } catch(err) {}, Quick Army & Civilian Engine identification ? - 1961 (14) According to the serial number ranges, the unit totals are understated by one. In the Argentinian entries, and in some places in earlier years, the pattern can be clearly seen; Jeeps with serial numbers within ten units of each other or even consecutive numbers, will typically have engine numbers differing by up to 100 or more. The data plates of some of the later ordnance department procured Willys The 2nd one I can verify. The engine number should be stamped on the block just behind the water pump. /Filter /FlateDecode of Early (1942) Ford GPW Jeep Quartermaster Corps 3 pc Brass Data Plate generating WW2 Registration Numbers found on Willys & Ford MB/GPW, the extra time, materials, and machining), while post war engines had nicely 175000 (approx.) Quality Crate Engines. //if displaymode=0, configure inline frame attributes (ie: dimensions, intial document shown There is also a toe board gusset serial number, or body number, the - 3 Locations, How a few military MB jeeps. try { alongside the CJ-3B, but for export only. JEEP SERIAL NUMBERS & PRODUCTION, Willys Overland Civilian Jeep Production Figures Model numbers shown are surmised from body types and serial numbers. Thanks in advance Your best off not to buy a KIT. There is no ring ridge at all. From 1948 to 1950 only 19,000 vehicles are manufactured. Please submit information on your CJ-3B if it is not yet included. # on civilian motors.