We used to talk about our days when you came home from work, but now all you want to do is relax, watch TV or go to sleep. Will the sky be blue or black? } The other day when you came home from work and told me how much work there was left to do on the house, I felt like my heart was going to burst open with sadness. | Instead of leaving the marriage, why dont you find ways of dealing and coping with your depressed wife? Sometimes, I wonder whether youve met someone new, although I still trust you enough to know you wouldnt hurt me that way But maybe Im wrong and youre not the same man I fell in love with all those years ago. I know my depression can seem selfish. Many of my patients who suffer from depression claim they're . Your voice used to be music to my ears and now I rarely even get to hear it. And if it ever comes back, I want you to know Ill be here again and again. I didnt forget about our vows and neither should you. Click here to learn more. Your email address will not be published. If we carry on like this, we wont accomplish anything. I dont know where to begin. To the contrary, you were always so bright and full of life and energy. I will get through this with the help of a little medication and some therapy. I dont know what to do. "We have been married five years, but have no children, only a handsome home. You had wanted to see my call log. Well just keep drifting away from each other. Separation is not an option, if you ask me, but feeling alone in a marriage shouldnt be an option either. "acceptedAnswer": { While your suicidal thoughts have dissipated, I know you constantly think about a day when they might reenter our lives and the home we have made. Bring Resources to the Table. But still, you stay. Youre not happy with me anymore either because I havent lost any weight since having the baby and you say that I dont look good in anything anymore so why bother trying? Im depressed and obviously unhappy. But you were still there. Depression clouds my mind and fills me with horrid thoughts about howunlovable and worthless I am. You are the best. When I met you I knew you were different. We havent spoken to each other in a long time and I dont expect you to answer me. You used to leave me little notes and kiss my forehead while Im asleep. Words that seem like bullets. You can find even more stories on our Home page. This is a letter from a wife to a husband where I talk about years of hurt and pain you have given me. But weve been married for more than ten years, and nothing has changed between us. Im sorry if Ive been mean or angry towards you during these times because its not your fault at all and it was wrong of me to take out my frustrations on you like that. Marriage however becomes boring when these expectations arent met by one of the couples. I loved you as soon as I saw you and knew we were meant to be. And I need help. Marriage is considered a beautiful thing especially when both couples understand each other and are sure of what they are going into. Related Reading: Emotional abuse- 9 signs and 5 coping tips. "@type": "Answer", Take some time out. I was giving myself forever to my best friend, soulmate, lover, the other half that made me complete. I hope that one day you will be able to forgive me for the mistakes I have made during our years together as husband and wife. Everysingle morning is hard, but seeing you makes it easier. Minimizing each other's feelings, having little sex, feeling abandoned and powerless, and no longer having fun together all indicate an unhappy marriage . Now, we dont even fall asleep together and I feel so alone in that bed we bought together. "@type": "Question", Thats the scary truth. Because I'm tired of all the things we leave unsaid. "acceptedAnswer": { I realize you don't know me. Marital tension has been related to an increase in the prevalence of mental health issues such as depression and alcoholism. You know how I may struggle with words when it comes to emotions, so I thought I'd offer you something physical to express how I've been feeling. And I need help. You know that Ive been depressed for a while now and unable to sleep properly. Include Your Partner in Your Treatment Strategy. You were the best husband anyone could wish for, so why did it have to stop? This world has become too painful for me, and all I can think of is ending it all and leaving behind the pain and suffering so that our kids can be happy again without having to worry about their crazy-depressed mommy anymore. My dear husband, I know you will be surprised to read this letter. I'm not sure how I should be feeling about the things said between me and my husband. Why are you so insecure of my love for you? Life has thrown us some major obstacles but we always get thru them and come out Better people. Even if you dont want me anymore, I want you to want me. Depression and unhappiness can stem from a variety of causes, including: It is important to note that each individuals experience with depression and unhappiness is unique, and a combination of factors may be at play. Night. I feel the cloud approaching and it petrifies me. Is Your Marriage Making You Depressed? The symptoms of depression and unhappiness can vary widely, but may include: If you or your wife are experiencing any of these symptoms, it is important to seek professional help. Communicating with your depressed wife helps to free her over-burdened thoughts and also free her mind of some unhealthy thoughts and ideas. The family we were when we couldnt stand being apart because something was always drawing us closer. I know I talk about life being hard to live. Becci blogs over at swordsandsnoodles.co.uk. Well, Im not laughing and I havent for a very long time. 20 Things That Make Wives Unhappy In A Marriage. And I need you to be close to me. An Open Letter to Shitty Husbands . Every time you say a mean word, every time you push me away, you hurt me. I know its hard for you to understand what is happening in my life right now because you are busy working all day long, but please try to listen carefully to what I am saying. You have been very busy with work lately and spending less time at home with me and the kids. Related Reading: When I discovered the dark secret my girlfriend shared with her BFF. You have physical symptoms. Our home has turned into a simple house and I want us to have a home again. But we've been married for more than ten years, and nothing has changed between us. But then, slowly, I started to see the side of you that you were so apt to hide from me and the rest of the world for fear of being found out. She has a passion for writing and often refers to it as her therapy. You go straight to bed after dinner without even saying goodnight to me or the kids. Some of the responsibilities expected in a relationship include. I find it so hard being a momma on cloudy days, but I try so hard to not let them notice the clouds. Im sorry you get thebrunt of my anger on cloudydays. 2. I miss the bond we used to have, and I hope that you miss it enough to try to create it again. I know it can add up quickly. Id lock the memory of you in there for all eternity and let no one come as close to me as you did. Single. We yell at each other and pretend that its about whatever trivial thing we are yelling about. Anew day often scares me. It will be the best snapshot I can give you of where I'm at right now: I didn't choose this. We live in the same house, but we dont even talk to each other anymore. I want to be with the man I used to kiss whenever hed walk out the door Not the man who doesnt even tell me that hes heading out. Ive never told you how cold it feels when you look at me like youre looking at a ghost. 2. But I cant. I wanted you to trust me because I knew I wasnt wrong. Hold my hand like you used to and guide me to the future we planned for us. But it seems like you dont want that anymore it seems like you dont want me. I cant just go on with my life without you, but I cant keep feeling so unloved either. Feel extremely tired. We used to have our own love language that would melt my heart and make me dream of you. Because despite the internal battle you fight on a daily basis, you still manage to be truly the best wife I could have ever hoped for. There are a lot of expectations from each partner after marriage. Ive spoken to my girlfriends and they all say the same. , { 4. I know this letter is going to come as a shock to youI dont think either of us has ever talked about this stuff beforebut I wanted to let you know how I feel because I care about you so much and want only the best for both of us in this life together. How Do I Write To My Husband About My Feelings? Follow us at: This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. You used to be so passionate about our relationship, but now you just seem indifferent towards me. You can find even more stories on our Home page. To the spouse who wants out . As we stood on stage in front of all of those strangers, acting our hearts out, I never once believed we would find ourselves here. Squeeze my hand tight ifyoureawake too. 4. I am writing this letter to you because I need to tell you how I feel. She has authored \'Corazon Roto and Sixty Nine Other Treasons\'(2015), has co-edited two poetry anthologies, \'Dawn Beyond the Waste\'(2016) and \'Cologne of Heritage\'(2017), and has been published widely in journals both nationally and internationally. We used to have so much fun together as a family but now it feels like all we do is work and go to bed early because were tired from working so hard all day long!Check Out: Open Letter To The Man Who Stopped Loving Me. And then we got married and had kids togetherand now here we are. , { Sometimes, you just have to write things down to really face the truth. Without it, Im not even a wife Im just a person who makes sure all the housework is done. When we first met, I thought that our love was going to last forever. Therefore you should know them better as a husband and know when they need love and care. As a husband, you may have thoughts of leaving the marriage. Im not ready to let go of what we have built together because it means something to me I can only hope that it means something to you too. This letter is like catharsisfor her. I gave you my energy, my love, I did everything - and I mean everything - for you : I've worked on my jealousy to give you a break, I've worked on my endless complaining so that you needn't hear it anymore, I've worked on myself as a whole . When I share those dark thoughts with you, it saddens you to know I hurt. Hi sweetheart, The time is difficult but my husband you are not. }. You see, the problem is that I am still unhappy and depressed about the way our marriage is going. Because what good is a house if we arent happy? Be a supportive husband. Be a good listener: Be willing to listen to your wifes thoughts and feelings without judgment. I know that things change with time, but I never thought that our love would change. "My husband is 15 years my senior, and I am 23," writes a lonely wife. You seem to have drifted away and now I can barely see you somewhere in the distance. A Letter to My Husband About Our Relationship. This is the reason I am penning this letter from wife to husband today. I should acknowledge I don't know the details. I have been trying to hide it from you, but I think it is time that I tell you how I am feeling. We dont do the things we used to do. How Do You Tell Your Partner You're Depressed. Outline your objectives and intentions.